Specialty restaurants package

Whitelighter

When on board Silhouette last year they were offering a package that allowed 1 night in Murano, 2 nights in Qsine and Tuscan and unlimited lunches in Bistro on 5 and the Lawn Club Grill.

Looked on the website and can find no mention of this. Is it something that has been discontinued or just offered on ship?

I know you can buy 4 or 5 restaurant dinners in advance but this was better value as it included the lunches.

When on board Silhouette last year they were offering a package that allowed 1 night in Murano, 2 nights in Qsine and Tuscan and unlimited lunches in Bistro on 5 and the Lawn Club Grill.

Looked on the website and can find no mention of this. Is it something that has been discontinued or just offered on ship?

I know you can buy 4 or 5 restaurant dinners in advance but this was better value as it included the lunches.

They have to my knowledge offered 3, 4 or 5 Dinner packages where you select the first time/venue and Celebrity choose the rest but they never included lunch at bistro on Five.

They have and still offer the Ultimate Dining Package which does include lunches at the Bistro or Porch, and dinner every evening at any specialty restaurant of your choice and this costs $29pp/day. The package is only available on a first come first served basis on the first day of the cruise as there is a limited number of these packages for sale and is NOT available to pre-book online.

Yes, Celebrity has 3-4-5 night Specialty Restaurant packages on their web site. I bought the 3 night package for The Constellation for our Feb. 2016 sailing. I selected the time for the first night and they select the restaurant and then when on board the other 2 nights are selected. I did not see any packages with lunch included. They have these packages for the Equinox too.

Would love to have had the lunch included. Guess I will use OBC if I choose to do lunch,

Yes, Celebrity has 3-4-5 night Specialty Restaurant packages on their web site. I bought the 3 night package for The Constellation for our Feb. 2016 sailing. I selected the time for the first night and they select the restaurant and then when on board the other 2 nights are selected. I did not see any packages with lunch included. They have these packages for the Equinox too.

Would love to have had the lunch included. Guess I will use OBC if I choose to do lunch,

So you don't get to choose which restaurants you dine at?

I was considering doing either the 3 or 4 night on my upcoming sailing. I wouldn't mind eating at Qsine once but would prefer to do the rest of the meals in The Normandie.

What the OP inquired about sounds more like a cross between a traditional specialty dining package and the "ultimate dining" option that has been offered in the past for $29 per day per person.

The OP may have been on a cruise that was not doing well to book specialty dining reservations (pre-cruise or on the ship) and so the specialty dining staff got creative with incentives and cobbled together this mix of dining experiences for a set price.

Unless this was a temporary pilot program to test the waters with new offerings, I have never seen anything like this offered pre-cruise or while I was on a ship.

To the OP... you can wait till you board to see what is going to offered or available. You should make a bee-line to the specialty dining desk after you are checked in at the pier to see what options are currently being offered for your cruise. Otherwise, you can pre-book/purchase a specialty dining package from the website (or through your travel agent), if they are still available.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by vulcan1971

We have been offered packages that seem to be created on (and only sold on) a specific cruise.

In general, my recommendation is that you wait until you board to book specialty restaurants...in fact wait until about the third day when they start to make special offers like 30-50% off if the restaurant bookings aren't going well. Of course, if you want a specific restaurant at a specific time, then book in advance. If you'd just like to try the restaurants, take a chance and wait til you get on board. I should mention that on most cruises, they will offer you a discount when you board if you dine in a specialty restaurant the first night....20-50% is normal (50% for Aqua guests to relieve the first night rush in Blu).

On our last cruise, there were no 50% off for Aqua Class the first night. It was 20% off for everybody. And I tried pretty hard but no luck.

As for Specialty Lunches, I did not think they were worth the cost considering the reduced menu offerings this year. For instance, at Lawn Club, there were no scallops, shrimp, filet mignon, and warm chocolate chip cookie dessert offered. My favorites.

We had purchased the 5 night specialty dining package for our cruise prior to our sailing. I believe the price was $150/person. We were assigned a restaurant to dine in for the first night and we selected the time. Fine so far. Until we boarded the ship.

We were super early, and probably were on board before 11AM. As soon as we boarded we were greeted by the specialty restaurant sales force. Or should I say attacked? I mentioned that I had pre purchased my package and needed to make the other 4 reservations. No problem I'm told. Sure no problem if you wish to eat at 6PM or 9:30PM, because everything in between was booked. I asked to speak with the specialty restaurant manager, who after banging heads with him for half an hour finally extracted 2 other evenings at times between 7:30 and 8:30, with the other 2 evenings on a wait list. I called him every morning and every evening to see if there were any cancellations. Bottom line was we ate at 6:30 one night and 9 the other night.

So if you wish to book any specialty restaurant package in advance....beware.

The aggravation just isn't worth the few $$$ saved.

We waited until onboard and signed up for the three night package.

We boarded within the first hour or two of check in opening, and would assume we were in the first 25% or so of guests making their specialty dining reservations.

We had no trouble at all finding availability for nights of our choosing at the 8pm dining slot, and the staff also had the formal nights on hand to help us decide when to book which restaurant.

I had read previously on CC that with the packages you had to dine in a specialty restaurant the first night, however we had no issues booking our three restaurants for later in the cruise.

Edited by LuckiePuris

On Constellation transatlantic last month we were offered 20% off Tuscan Grill just after boarding. We were able to pick our date and time. Several days later, in the Martini Bar, we were offered $25 each for Tuscan Grill if we dined the next night. Near the end of the cruise, we were offered 2 for 1 in the Tuscan Grill. We accepted all three offers which worked out to about $28 each per visit. This was better than any of the packages they were hawking in the elevator lobby outside of the Ocean View grill. So this worked well for us since we weren't interested in Oceanliners and we didn't have to commit to specific dates and time in advance. So you might want to wait.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked the 4-night specialty dining package for our cruise from Rome on the Silhouette in September. We saved 30% of the listed price per restaurant.

We had to dine at the Tuscan Grille the first or second night which was fine. I then asked my TA to make the remaining reservations so we could dine at our preferred times and was told we could not do that until we boarded.

If I purchased each dining selection separately it would have cost more but no problem getting our desired time.

Can I cancel this package? Has anyone had problems getting a decent time when requesting reservations for the other 3 dates when boarding? Seems like you pay a little less but get penalized for doing so. It is only a 24% savings. We so enjoy dining in the MDR with our shipmates that I was feeling like 4 nights might have been too much.

Any thoughts?

We booked the 4-night specialty dining package for our cruise from Rome on the Silhouette in September. We saved 30% of the listed price per restaurant.

We had to dine at the Tuscan Grille the first or second night which was fine. I then asked my TA to make the remaining reservations so we could dine at our preferred times and was told we could not do that until we boarded.

If I purchased each dining selection separately it would have cost more but no problem getting our desired time.

Can I cancel this package? Has anyone had problems getting a decent time when requesting reservations for the other 3 dates when boarding? Seems like you pay a little less but get penalized for doing so. It is only a 24% savings. We so enjoy dining in the MDR with our shipmates that I was feeling like 4 nights might have been too much.

Any thoughts?

You can cancel the package if prepaid and it will be refunded to your card.

Also whilst pre purchasing the package they make you book the first or second night (normally is is Tuscan Grill) I have had no issue twice now in once onboard changing this (both date and venue).

We have done the 3 night pkg, and also normally take up the 1st night discount offer (50% off) to eat at speciality restaurants. We find over a 12 or 14 night cruise we can stretch them nicely over the duration but then have some continuity eating on the MDR where we enjoy conversing both with our table mates and the Dining Room staff [emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk