HUbbard Glacier

squeeky336

Can anyone tell me what Hubbard Glacier is really like?

It's HUGE!!!! Hubbard was my first Alaska glacier experience. If I had to pick between Hubbard and Glacier Bay National Park, I'd probably pick GBNP, but Hubbard is still great. Alaska is the kind of cruise that just once won't do. So, pick and then plan to go back again and again.

Can anyone tell me what Hubbard Glacier is really like?

I've been to Hubbard Glacier 4 times and greatly enjoyed it . One issue , depending on the weather and time of year you might not get close to the face of the glacier . GBNP is an all day experience not a couple of hours like Hubbard . GBNP , park rangers come aboard and describe what is going and point out locations where animals are . They also hold a session for the young kids as well . The rangers also wander the upper decks to answer questions about the park and glaciers.You don't get this in Hubbard Glacier.

• 2 weeks later...

I sailed Hubbard 3 times last year. Only one sailing, got a nice close look, other 2 were over 10 miles away, which I've experienced on prior years trips. It is hit an miss, and dependent on the cpt. Having another scenic glacier sailing with Hubbard, would be suggested for anyone with a priority to see glaciers.

I sailed Hubbard 3 times last year. Only one sailing, got a nice close look, other 2 were over 10 miles away, which I've experienced on prior years trips. It is hit an miss, and dependent on the cpt. Having another scenic glacier sailing with Hubbard, would be suggested for anyone with a priority to see glaciers.

beautiful pics

i hope i get in close like that. the cruise says it features hubbard glacier

I really enjoyed the Glacier National Park cruise day. We were lucky to have fantastic sunny weather. It was cold and I had five layers on, but it was gorgeous.

These pictures have really piqued my interest in the Hubbard Glacier day on the itinerary. I hope we will have clear weather if we can't get close. I wish I had a better camera.

We head out on the 22nd from Seward southbound on the Radiance. I'm getting excited.

Gloria