7 14 21 Days on the Emerald

antsp

The Emerald is about to start a summer of 21 day round trip cruises around the Med, Princess is also selling them as 7 and 14 days, anyone know how they are treating these cruise in terms of entertainment, menus etc

If it's anything like the Caribbean cruises many of the food item will repeat each 7 days. The entertainment production shows will all be the same but they do try to switch the guest entertainers for each trip. All the movies will stay the same unless you luck out & they happen to introduce a new one but the chances are next ti nil.

The Emerald is about to start a summer of 21 day round trip cruises around the Med, Princess is also selling them as 7 and 14 days, anyone know how they are treating these cruise in terms of entertainment, menus etc

If these are three 7-day cruises strung together, then what Miss Pat says is correct.

You will have the same dining room menus on all three segments, but some of them may be in a different order.

Much, if not all, of the entertainment will be identical, but this means you do not have to try to see it all the first week.

Also not changing will be the jokes the Cruise Director tells.

Edited by caribill

The 21 day doesn't show like a string of B2Bs. There are no repeated ports in the 21 days, only an overnight visit in Istanbul. Seems like a great itinerary.:)

A B2B2B can be three entirely different itineraries. It is just three segments that can be sold as individual segments. In some cases itineraries may repeat, in some cases they do not.

We are doing 14 of those days. I was surprised to see it was really broken into 7 day segments. Which explains why it was harder to get mini-suites near each other. I'll very very happy not to have to cook for all those days. I'm hoping for to some American style foods. Please tell me the burgers have typical US beef patties!

We are doing 14 of those days. I was surprised to see it was really broken into 7 day segments. Which explains why it was harder to get mini-suites near each other. I'll very very happy not to have to cook for all those days. I'm hoping for to some American style foods. Please tell me the burgers have typical US beef patties!

We had a bit of trouble getting a certain cabins but Princess were very good and split a 21 day cruise to allow us to have a cabin for 14 days.

We were on a 12 night cruise last year and they have 14 nighters this year, I will be really disappointed if they repeat everything as we've not booked 2 x 7day B2B it is booked as a 14 night cruise.

The burgers are typical of U.S. burgers. I think the ones served for lunch in the dining room are better than the ones served at the grill. But with a port-intensive itinerary, you may not get a chance to eat lunch in the dining room since it's usually open for lunch only on sea days and embarkation day.

We had a bit of trouble getting a certain cabins but Princess were very good and split a 21 day cruise to allow us to have a cabin for 14 days.

We were on a 12 night cruise last year and they have 14 nighters this year, I will be really disappointed if they repeat everything as we've not booked 2 x 7day B2B it is booked as a 14 night cruise.

It does not matter how you booked it. If it is also sold as two 7-day cruises, almost everything will repeat the second week. If only sold as a 14 day cruise, there will be no repeats.

It does not matter how you booked it. If it is also sold as two 7-day cruises, almost everything will repeat the second week. If only sold as a 14 day cruise, there will be no repeats.

We're are you getting this information from or is this just your opinion, we have our grown up kids coming on for the 2nd week of our 14 day cruise and don't fancy sitting through the same entertainment again, menus I can deal with as they're is so much choose.

We're are you getting this information from or is this just your opinion, we have our grown up kids coming on for the 2nd week of our 14 day cruise and don't fancy sitting through the same entertainment again, menus I can deal with as they're is so much choose.

You can almost guarantee that the production shows will remain the same each week. The only thing that may change is the guest entertainers but that also is a probably. They do try to change the guest entertainers since lots of people do B2B cruises & they like something different.

We've done many cruises over the years & the shows are very slow to change. It takes years to see something new. Even the guest entertainers they employ do the same routine from year to year. You're lucky to hear 1 or 2 new jokes or 1 new song.

A few years ago when the ruby was doing 12 days meds princess split them down and also sold them as 6 day cruises, the cruise was organised as a 12 day rotation, i guess now though it depends how these cruises originally started to be sold as.

A few years ago when the ruby was doing 12 days meds princess split them down and also sold them as 6 day cruises, the cruise was organised as a 12 day rotation, i guess now though it depends how these cruises originally started to be sold as.

I personally think they'll do a 2 week rotation, last year we were on Regal for 12 nights and they managed that ok, they've got a 14 nighters out of Southampton.

These cruises have been sold as 7, 14 & 21 nights. There are 4 separate legs and you can get on & off on most of the 7 days or book 14 or 21.

Barcelona to Rome,

Rome to Athens

Athens to Istanbul

Istanbul to Rome

Rome to Barcelone and so on.