Sail Away Gang - in living Colour - a photo review

1of4

When we were on the Amsterdam in Alaska in 2007 the bow was open more than just in Glacier Bay: it was open when we sailed into Juneau as well as Sitka.

This depends on the Captain. Pieter Bos goes inside when he is in charge of a ship and if the weather is good will open the front if the weather permits. Many of the Captains open the front when the ship is in the Gastineau Channel as we sail into Juneau. The Bow is always open when we are in Glacier Bay.

1of4,

I enjoyed your pictures and your thoughts. I was on the cruise going in the opposite direction and haven't even loaded my pictures to my computer yet because I have been too busy catching up with the Sail Away Gang blogs. I feel like I was on the cruise with all of you. Thank you for posting the pictures. :)

Now to getting around to doing my own review of our cruise. :eek:

Hi

On the bed where you kept hitting your heads have beds remade and sleep on the other end you feey would hit the over hang bed

Mary

Thanks Mary. I had heard that suggestion but I just don't think it would work for us. I was often in bed and asleep before DH collected DS and DD from Club Hal because I get up so early for work. That would mean my head would be right where the 3 of them would be walking by. That and our pillows would always be on the floor and our cabin carpet was not the cleanest :eek:. I also would have no reading light or side table to put my glasses, tablet and On Location. Sounds silly, but if I have to get up to reach the side table I would be awake for another hour.

Really, I think HAL screwed up on their quad cabin design. It could be much more efficient if the sofa flipped over to a bed, like in the OV and interior cabins and have the upper bunk come down over the sofa. That is how I was told it would be. This was just a bad design. It was mostly DH'S issue. I am a quick learner! ;)

• 8 months later...

Hi, 1of 4. We are about to embark on our turn through the canal. I had to go in search of your review to read again, as I anxiously await our turn. I hope you don't mind. I remember reading it last year, thinking our cruise was so far into the future- now only 5 weeks away. I remember your photos being so wonderful, I wanted to view them again. Thanks for all the work you put into this review.

I am hoping that posting on your review will bring it back to the first page.

I've been out all day, it was lovely to come home and check CC to see this back on the first page. Thanks, Banditswife! It sure brought back great memories for me. And I was actually out meeting up with another CC member for the first time, so all in all a good day.

Hi, 1of 4. We are about to embark on our turn through the canal. I had to go in search of your review to read again, as I anxiously await our turn. I hope you don't mind. I remember reading it last year, thinking our cruise was so far into the future- now only 5 weeks away. I remember your photos being so wonderful, I wanted to view them again. Thanks for all the work you put into this review.

I am hoping that posting on your review will bring it back to the first page.

Thanks, I'm leaving on the Westerdam Saturday to make this same journey. Only difference is my SD to Seattle part will be separated by 30 days sailing to the So Pacific. It's nice to have a head's up about some of the ports.