Sail Away Gang - in living Colour - a photo review

1of4

Thank you again for this fabulous review. We loved all the photos. We will be doing a very similar itinerary next April. Your review has made the anticipation even better. My dh & I cannot wait until it's our turn. In the meantime, I may reread your review several hundred times. :D It is definitely better & more informative than the tour book I bought. :rolleyes: Thank you again

Edited by Banditswife

Thank you again for this fabulous review. We loved all the photos. We will be doing a very similar itinerary next April. Your review has made the anticipation even better. My dh & I cannot wait until it's our turn. In the meantime, I may reread your review several hundred times. :D It is definitely better & more informative than the tour book I bought. :rolleyes: Thank you again

Thank you. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I will be jealous next year while you are on this amazing journey! :)

It was the greatest of pleasures to have you 4 along with us. Can't wait to sail with you again. We had a fantastic trip and have very many happy memories. Thank you for being part of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We will have to coordinate our schedules! DD and DS insist that we "do it again"!

Thank you for sharing the cruise with us. This was the BEST review I have ever followed.

Oh my goodness! Thank you! Very glad you liked it.

I have really enjoyed following your journey. The pictures have been fantastic! You have made us all feel as if we were there with you. Thanks!!!

I am so very happy you enjoyed it. I can hardly wait to do another...although our budget (financial and time) tell me we have to wait a while. Boooo! :rolleyes:

An amazing cruise and an amazing

photo-journey for us. Thank you so much.

This, with the other Sailaway Gang thread, has been

fantastic to follow.

You are very welcome. Just wish we could write about how much fun it really was. Pictures do say a thousand words but still, it is difficult to convey what cruising was like with a group of friends, made on the roll call.

You are very welcome. Just wish we could write about how much fun it really was. Pictures do say a thousand words but still, it is difficult to convey what cruising was like with a group of friends, made on the roll call.

Did you know any of these people before you cruised with them?

Did you know any of these people before you cruised with them?

Not at all. We booked the cruise December 4, 2013 to get our choice of quad cabin. I then went to the roll call and started posting. We met in the hotel in Fr. Lauderdale and over dinner the night before the cruise. It was like meeting long-lost friends. A great group of people.

Not at all. We booked the cruise December 4, 2013 to get our choice of quad cabin. I then went to the roll call and started posting. We met in the hotel in Fr. Lauderdale and over dinner the night before the cruise. It was like meeting long-lost friends. A great group of people.

That is really amazing.

I am now fully immersed at work, the gardens are exploding with blooms but I can not weed while I am still in a flare up of the Meniere's and DD has her grade 8 graduation in a month. :eek:

It is all good. Work lets us cruise, the gardens are a pleasure and DD is growing up and going to high school. That last one still has me catch my breath a bit.

I thought I would share this last picture that DH sent to me at work today. It is his view of us pulling away from the dock in San Diego:

This is what we saw:

ry%3D400

This is what DH saw:

ry%3D400

I am the second bright top just to the right of the woman taking a selphie. DS is in front of me and DD was upset and you can not see her.

That cruise and some of the places you were must have made a profound affect on your daughter and son.

Absolutely true, perhaps more so for our son. He is continuing to speak to anyone that will stop and listen about the school visit and comparing that to the huge yachts he saw in Cabo.

DH and I will only take them out of school for a vacation if they will learn something and they will be more open in their thinking.

Absolutely true, perhaps more so for our son. He is continuing to speak to anyone that will stop and listen about the school visit and comparing that to the huge yachts he saw in Cabo.

DH and I will only take them out of school for a vacation if they will learn something and they will be more open in their thinking.

They will do fine!

I cannot think of a finer education 4 young minds

than travel. Their experiences will last their lifetime.

I forgot to post this tip:

We knew it was going to be hot so we brought a double walled water bottle from home (the dual wall means no condensation in the bag). We found that one lemonade machine in the Lido did work (the one in the mid cross over) while the beverage station closer to the Lido pool did not. The servers would tell us no lemonade until lunch so perhaps this was special due to the heat. No matter, we would put ice in the bottle and fill it with lemonade and bring it on our tour for the day. It helped restore some electrolytes, especially for DS who seemed to suffer a bit more than the rest of us with the high temperatures.

I am now fully immersed at work, the gardens are exploding with blooms but I can not weed while I am still in a flare up of the Meniere's and DD has her grade 8 graduation in a month. :eek:

It is all good. Work lets us cruise, the gardens are a pleasure and DD is growing up and going to high school. That last one still has me catch my breath a bit.

I thought I would share this last picture that DH sent to me at work today. It is his view of us pulling away from the dock in San Diego:

This is what we saw:

ry%3D400

This is what DH saw:

ry%3D400

I am the second bright top just to the right of the woman taking a selphie. DS is in front of me and DD was upset and you can not see her.

Great pictures.

Thank you for your comments everyone. I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed my review.

This was Canada Place on May 1 this year. The official start to cruise season for the port of Vancouver. I read this past weekend that the port is the first in the world to install Automated Passport Control kiosks.

Vancouver, B. C. (May 13, 2015): Port Metro Vancouver, in collaboration with the Vancouver Airport Authority, unveiled 10 BorderXpress Automated Passport Control (APC) kiosks at the Canada Place Cruise Terminal. The new kiosks aim to increase cruise passenger processing rates through the United States Customs and Border Protection area prior to embarking on a cruise from Vancouver to Alaska.

Hopefully that will speed things up for passengers.

This is the scene from our starboard verandah early on Friday May 1st.

ry%3D400

Celebrity was on the other side of the port. We were on deck 4 so we could just see the top decks.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Once our colour and number were called DD, DS and I were off the ship, picked up our luggage and were in a taxi on our way to the airport in less than 20 minutes...seriously. How great was that. We had submitted our Customs and Immigration forms after leaving San Diego. We never were interviewed in person and there was nobody to stop us from disembarking in either Victoria or Vancouver. We were within our limit so had nothing to declare as we don't smoke and had bought no alcohol. But still I found this surprising. After having to do it on the ship and in the port when in USA ports I was expecting something. No.

We arrived at the airport in about 20 minutes, way early for our 1:15 flight. WE could have managed the 10:00 flight but Air Canada was not inclined to be helpful. Sadly, not unexpected.

We arrived in Toronto ahead of schedule and because it was a domestic flight we collected luggage and walked out. The best sight of the day was seeing DH waiting for us!

One amazing vacation with a great group of people. Thank you Sail Away Gang for including us 4 in your group (sail away happen when I am making dinner). Memories for a lifetime!

Even more great pictures.

DH took my cell phone to the swim the canal event as the skies had just opened up. I tend to lose my balance in crowds so I stayed on the cabin's verandah.

DD and DS were so excited to participate in this event. Since it was taking place in the Sea View Pool DH spoke to the CD to ensure it was okay that they were there. The CD assured DH that it was.

DD says the woman that shoved them in the water can be seen so I have blanked out all the faces.

DS has the yellow glow in the dark swim trunks while DD can not be seen in the first picture, she can be seen in the second.

I think someone was complaining that DD and DS were present....

ry%3D400

They were told to perform a ceremonial dance to keep the Canal Gods happy (no I am not making this up).

ry%3D400

Now get in the pool or you will get wet..... :p

ry%3D400

The "I Swam the Panama Canal" certificates, signed and dated, showed up in our mail slots just after dinner. Fun!

there was not a bad picture in the bunch. Look at the number of people who have made comments and look at the number who have viewed this post. It speaks volumes.

I am very happy to know people have enjoyed looking at this thread. Doing this type of post helps ease me back to reality where, I must admit, I am thinking of instituting a daily HSC (home service & catering) fee! :p it sure would help pay for the next one. :D

DH took my cell phone to the swim the canal event as the skies had just opened up. I tend to lose my balance in crowds so I stayed on the cabin's verandah.

DD and DS were so excited to participate in this event. Since it was taking place in the Sea View Pool DH spoke to the CD to ensure it was okay that they were there. The CD assured DH that it was.

DD says the woman that shoved them in the water can be seen so I have blanked out all the faces.

DS has the yellow glow in the dark swim trunks while DD can not be seen in the first picture, she can be seen in the second.

I think someone was complaining that DD and DS were present....

ry%3D400

They were told to perform a ceremonial dance to keep the Canal Gods happy (no I am not making this up).

ry%3D400

Now get in the pool or you will get wet..... :p

ry%3D400

The "I Swam the Panama Canal" certificates, signed and dated, showed up in our mail slots just after dinner. Fun!

I would probably sink--can't swim

A co-worker just told me she booked a HAL cruise to Alaska for her and her son...because of me! I told her that the captain will open the bow on Glacier Bay day and she was surprised and thought that would be great.

When we were on the Amsterdam in Alaska in 2007 the bow was open more than just in Glacier Bay: it was open when we sailed into Juneau as well as Sitka.