Three cabins in a row

rdemn

there is 6 of us on the golden princess cabins D726 D728 and D732.we would like to trade our cabin D726 for D730 .so we are three cabins in a row. We are willing to offer whoever has D730 some money.do you think princess will make an offer for us to whoever has this Cabin? Or if we catch whoever has the cabin before they enter and they agreed to it Will princess let us?

there is 6 of us on the golden princess cabins D726 D728 and D732.we would like to trade our cabin D726 for D730 .so we are three cabins in a row. We are willing to offer whoever has D730 some money.do you think princess will make an offer for us to whoever has this Cabin? Or if we catch whoever has the cabin before they enter and they agreed to it Will princess let us?

Absolutely not. That's not the way they operate.

I have a somewhat similar situation on a B2B and my TA talked to Princess and at this point there not much they can do since the cabin is sold but they told me to go to the passenger serv. desk on my first leg of a B2B and they might upgrade the people in the cabin I want in order to free it up.

I sort of doubt if it will happen but there's always hope especially if the ship isn't sold out.

I have a somewhat similar situation on a B2B and my TA talked to Princess and at this point there not much they can do since the cabin is sold but they told me to go to the passenger serv. desk on my first leg of a B2B and they might upgrade the people in the cabin I want in order to free it up.

I sort of doubt if it will happen but there's always hope especially if the ship isn't sold out.

I believe it's mostly sold out.but I will try it thank you

normally once onboard no one gets upgraded because the ships sail pretty full so i would expect to change cabins but that big hassle

No upgrades on board. Only possibility would be if the people in the cabin would be willing to change.

Think about the first day on the ship. You don't know when the other cabin will arrive. What if they arrive first and have unpacked and are out and about. I know I wouldn't be willing to repack and move. What if they are late arriving? Are you going to spend the first day of your cruise sitting in the hall way waiting for them?

BUT there is more to it then just physically moving. In order to switch keys around you must go to the purser's desk the first day and ask for the switch. So now you are asking this person to not only repack and move but to spend an hour of their first day at the purser's desk. Wait though, you are not done. The next day you must all go back to the purser's desk to get the new keys. Now you must make sure that there are no charges made by the other person.... so basically neither of you can make a purchase until the next day switch. What if it is a port day and they had plans? What if it is a sea day and they want to relax by the pool and have a few drinks.

What if they have family in the cabin across the hall?

So you see, there is much more to it then just moving from point A to point B.

Edited by notentirelynormal

i agree its a bit to much to ask someone to swap cabins when you are so close and what will you do if someone in your party gets an upgrade....will you knock it back

Keeping my fingers crossed that things work out for you. We recently returned from a 5 day to the Bahamas on Carnival. Mom and I had a balcony room next to my sis, her hubby and my 4 year old niece. It was great to be able to have the partition opened up creating one long balcony. My niece spent the entire cruise running back and forth between our rooms.

So what is your objection to swapping D732 for D724? I should have thought this option would double your chances of a contiguous row.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

I don't know when your cruise is or how booked up it might be but another option you might have is to find 3 adjacent cabins of the type you want still unsold in a different location on the ship. You could then book them and cancel the ones you now have.

I don't know when your cruise is or how booked up it might be but another option you might have is to find 3 adjacent cabins of the type you want still unsold in a different location on the ship. You could then book them and cancel the ones you now have.

This sounds like a practical idea :)

So what is your objection to swapping D732 for D724? I should have thought this option would double your chances of a contiguous row.

Regards John

Probably because D732 is the last cabin and has the larger balcony. It's also the cabin meant to be HC accessible, but they didn't make the door wide enough. EM

Probably because D732 is the last cabin and has the larger balcony. It's also the cabin meant to be HC accessible, but they didn't make the door wide enough. EM

It will be easier to place in others hands as a trade then and remember with three balconies in a row you could request dividers to be kept open making a large balcony anyway.

Regards John

It will be easier to place in others hands as a trade then and remember with three balconies in a row you could request dividers to be kept open making a large balcony anyway.

Regards John

But I would bet they chose that cabin first, and tried to get the others as close as possible. EM

If it were me, I'd gladly switch cabins if I knew right away. Once we've unpacked and gotten settled, however, it would be more of a pain.

When we sailed with a friend in the adjoining cabin, we did not let her know that the balcony divider could be unlocked. She found out about that after the cruise.

Now you must make sure that there are no charges made by the other person.... so basically neither of you can make a purchase until the next day switch.

I wouldn't do it for a stranger. I would worry about luggage mis-delivery;

charges going to the wrong cabin; and onboard gifts / deliveries going

astray.

If I did do it, I'd probably find out later that the person took all the muts blankets

for their private use, and then I would feel like a schmuck for doing them a favor.

Edited by pablo222

In response to the post that you do not get upgraded once on-board, on my very first cruise, (not Princess) I got to my interior cabin and it was obviously not ready for occupancy. The steward told me it had not been cleaned yet as he had it down as a b2b cabin. I assured him I was just arriving and he asked me to wait and disappeared. After 15 mins. of waiting I went to passenger services, explained what was going on, and in 2 minutes I has a window view cabin. Been cruising ever since!