Has this happened to you at Guys Burger?

oceanlov1

That's crazy. I think someone in the Guy's Burger shop has some training to do. I do agree that the onion ring dilemma is a real thing. I wish they would offer them as a side. I miss my onion rings instead of fries as a side but I do like their fries.

The workers at guys kind of make up their own rules. Try asking for more than one onion ring sometime.

That totally happened to me on the Freedom last summer! Weird.

I guess they have onion ring police now. :D

Just the opposite for me, I asked several time just for a hamburger and still got those limp, never hot, non-crispy, potato things cluttering up my burger plate. :cool:

Finally the last time he gave me no fries...should have tipped him ;)

That's crazy. I think someone in the Guy's Burger shop has some training to do. I do agree that the onion ring dilemma is a real thing. I wish they would offer them as a side. I miss my onion rings instead of fries as a side but I do like their fries.

The guys burgers guys are involved in a training program that can end up as capt of the vessel.

They rotate around the ship including stops as bacon police, folding towels, navigation, chief engineer and dancers.

On the Conquest a few weeks ago, I went to Guy's Burger to get fries only. I asked the servers for fries and they started laughing hysterically(no Kidding). They said I had to get a burger if I wanted the fries. Since they were laughing so much, I thought they were kidding. Then, they asked the next person for his order. I said…your not kidding. They said no. So, I ordered a burger I did not want just to get the fries.

To me, that was really weird and a waste for Carnival.

On my last cruise on the Breeze, I was able to get fries only.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Happy sailing!!

We were on Conquest this past January, and I remember being in line and someone ordering just fries. They got it.

We were on Conquest this past January, and I remember being in line and someone ordering just fries. They got it.

Someone was saying that the *required burger with any fry order* may be coinciding with the "room service for a fee french fries" that is now in testing on some ships.

Edited by eponym

Next time just tell them you are a vegetarian and only want the fries and a bun, and that you'll make a sandwich using the veggie toppings. At least that way you won't be wasting the meat.

In a lot of cultures, including those of crew members' home countries, wasting bread is considered a greater faux pas than wasting other foods. But it's still a useful suggestion to consider.

Not to mention the fries are different. The new room service fries I saw on Zydeco Cruiser's website are your usual McDonald's-type fries. While Guy's Burgers fries are more like steak fries. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) Plus, potatoes are cheap in most regions, so it seems odd that Carnival is charging for something like fries.

Someone was saying that the *required burger with any fry order* may be coinciding with the "room service for a fee french fries" that is now in testing on some ships.

I suggested that, and it's completely an unsubstantiated guess. The timing seems interesting to me, but I won't be on the Conquest for another 9 months or so and can't exactly say for sure.

Never got greasy fries, thought they were very good.

Probably thought you wanted the onion ring used in one of the burgers, not a plate of them.

You have to ask for the ring or you dont get one.

Did ask for a bunch and either we are told can only have one or sometimes they did give me a second.

The English of the guys burger people is definitely above average and they knew what I was asking for.

You really want to confuse the burger guys? Tell them you just want the hamburger patty, no bread, no fries, nothing else but the meat.

The servers had a very difficult time understanding that I just wanted the patty (I wanted to do a taste test of the plain meat to see if it was worth while eating .)

I actually had to wait for the patty as the burgers were already on the buns and they needed to wait for a patty to finish cooking.

And the results of my taste test - without the taste of the meat being hidden by bread and other glop, the meat was a greasy, gray, slightly rancid (probably from the grease on the grill) piece of meat.

One bite and in the trash it went.

You really want to confuse the burger guys? Tell them you just want the hamburger patty, no bread, no fries, nothing else but the meat.

The servers had a very difficult time understanding that I just wanted the patty (I wanted to do a taste test of the plain meat to see if it was worth while eating .)

I actually had to wait for the patty as the burgers were already on the buns and they needed to wait for a patty to finish cooking.

And the results of my taste test - without the taste of the meat being hidden by bread and other glop, the meat was a greasy, gray, slightly rancid (probably from the grease on the grill) piece of meat.

One bite and in the trash it went.

Wouldnt think they would be serving rancid burgers.

Always get plain burgers and they are more or less cooked to order. Or at least reheated.

We were just on the Pride last month and while we didn't try to get just the fries, we were able to get just the hamburger with no problem.

They did have the potato sticks on the Pride. I never thought of eating those with a hamburger. :p

Where does the onion rings come in at? I didn't see any onion rings. :confused:

I do have a question though...I was completely confused at the signs that gave the different "types" of hamburgers they have. Every time we went, all they had was JUST a cheeseburger and then you walked over to the condiment section to load it up. Why do they have all these "different" types of cheeseburgers listed when it's just really a plain cheeseburger that you load on everything? I was completely confused. :o