New Images from Cape Liberty

megr1125

So I went up today on the way BACK from NYC and dropping people off for Breakaway.....figured I would do some recon for all of you here at CC.....

By the time I got there, the departing pax were gone, so there was no one at the taxi dispatch booth for me to ask questions regarding the posted transportation prices, and the sign was not there....

However, I did get some shots of the pier, the parking lot, drop off and pick up area...and the like...

Here you are...feel free to ask any questions... I may be there next Sunday on my way into NYC to pick up my friends....

Here is your new garage

DSC_0044_zpstjih9gae.jpg

Taxi dispatch booth

DSC_0043_zpsuuc6lskd.jpg

Cell Phone Waiting Area

DSC_0042_zpsonfdwu9i.jpg

Pick up/Drop off Area

DSC_0041_zpsvdglwwxt.jpg

Terminal Entrance

DSC_0039_zpslbt6a25z.jpg

Summit at the new terminal

DSC_0033_zpsyu4ehnyj.jpg

View on Route 440 coming from shopping center

DSC_0010_zpsclyexbnk.jpg

Stop and Shop at South Cove shopping center adjacent

DSC_0007_zpsvholyimo.jpg

View of port entrance from shopping center

DSC_0006_zps1rdwktxd.jpg

Light Rail Terminal from port entry road

DSC_0061_zpszgligpcl.jpg

(NO it is NOT walkable, the road into the pier is 2 miles long from this point)

Current Parking Area

DSC_0056_zpsf0oczrqp.jpg

One more view of drop off area (around noon give or take)

DSC_0051_zpswvzeqc3j.jpg

Thank you for these! Will be driving there this coming Saturday to get on the Liberty OTS. How far is the walk from parking to terminal?

Eileen

100 yards or so......not sure.. I would suggest dropping off your stuff, then send one person to park ...there IS a shuttle from the lot, but it's really not far....putting it in city terms, much less than a block.

Just wanted to add my name to the many who are grateful for the pics of Cape Liberty, especially this last one showing the distance of the parking lot. The port sure looks better than when I cruised out of there in 2013! People like you are what makes CC such a great site. Thanks again!

Just wanted to add my name to the many who are grateful for the pics of Cape Liberty, especially this last one showing the distance of the parking lot. The port sure looks better than when I cruised out of there in 2013! People like you are what makes CC such a great site. Thanks again!

Awwww...blush... :o Thanks... I owe you a virtual coffee!!!

100 yards or so......not sure.. I would suggest dropping off your stuff, then send one person to park ...there IS a shuttle from the lot, but it's really not far....putting it in city terms, much less than a block.

Thanks Meg ... Doesn't look like a bad walk at all. We're originally from Brooklyn, so we should be able to handle a block or two. LOL

Looking at the new terminal building, where is the garage going?

See where the cranes are in the back/center of the image a few posts up? That's where it's going...it will be at the 'returning to port' end of the terminal......

Thanks. Did you notice any restrooms after you exit the secure area?

Laura

There ARE restrooms outside the terminal...they're not in any of the pix...BUT if you come outside and then turn around like you're walking towards where they are building the garage, you will see them, sort of near the Dasani machine...

I THINK that there are some in the baggage claim area of the terminal, but it's been a couple months and I forget...:eek:

Don' take for granted that you will be in this lot. With two ships in, they are parking people pretty far away in a different lot past where the old terminal is. I do not think they will let you walk it since you are walking where there is active traffic and no sidewalk. The shuttle would be a good idea from this lot.

Don' take for granted that you will be in this lot. With two ships in, they are parking people pretty far away in a different lot past where the old terminal is. I do not think they will let you walk it since you are walking where there is active traffic and no sidewalk. The shuttle would be a good idea from this lot.

Well, I was not cruising but i walked all over there yesterday and no one said a word......they were using the closer lot for Summit and it wasn't very full, though Summit is a smaller ship....

But yes, if they are using the farther lot....which is not really seen in any image, then the shuttle might be needed, if not required....

Edited by megr1125

See where the cranes are in the back/center of the image a few posts up? That's where it's going...it will be at the 'returning to port' end of the terminal......

I see the cranes, they look to be over were the old terminal building is/was. Did they demolish that building?

There ARE restrooms outside the terminal...they're not in any of the pix...BUT if you come outside and then turn around like you're walking towards where they are building the garage, you will see them, sort of near the Dasani machine...

I THINK that there are some in the baggage claim area of the terminal, but it's been a couple months and I forget...:eek:

Thank you!

Laura

There'll be 2 ships in?!?! Wow, this should be interesting. Never cruised before :(

Of course if we have to, we will take the shuttle.

Two ships are never in at the same time, as there's only one berth at the cruise terminal, and we're already into the season where two ships are using the port, Liberty of the Seas and Summit. Two ships have used the port in the summer for years without causing parking problems, so the only possible issue with parking might be because the Liberty is bigger than the Explorer.

Edited by njhorseman