Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

Just got 5 myself! Thank you very much TomCruise48
After getting 1400 worth in the past couple weeks through initial sign up, taking quizzes, newsletter sign ups, etc, I decided to check out the Verizon program where we have a boatload of points. It seems like they both put them on sale at about the same time. No more taking quizzes.....just snagged 5 X 500 through Verizon. :D

Every time I've signed into my AARP account, it only shows the $500 card (although it's always been sold out). Do you always see both the $100 and the $500 when you sign in, even if they are sold out?

Thanks!

They must only have a hand full or there are a LOT of people who look for these. Every time. I check its sold out. People hog them up quickly like virtual deck chairs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

LOL [emoji23] at 1145 last night I noticed a notification from this string from an hour earlier saying they were available. I ran downstairs to log in and managed to get one!! They seem to take them back down within 2 hours. Ive been checking throughout the day always ...sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Every time I've signed into my AARP account, it only shows the $500 card (although it's always been sold out). Do you always see both the $100 and the $500 when you sign in, even if they are sold out?

Thanks!

It's random. Sometimes I don't see either one. Sometimes there's only 100 or only 500. I get sick for seeing SOLD OUT. But I finally got 1 last night!! Keep checking and make sure u get notifications from this string. I got one a few months ago for a different sailing and it was late at night as well. Like midnight. GL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please advise how I can get notifications on the AARP gift cards.

Thanks in advance

Heidi

There's nothing official. Once you post on one of the threads, you are technically "subscribed" to it. Anytime it updates with a new post, you will receive notification. Whichever way you have your notifications set up. Unfortunately, not every post is specifically about the cards being available. So you will get alot of unnecessary notifications. I use the tapatalk app for my phone and anytime anyone makes a new post, it shows up on my phone as a little taapatalk icon.

The best way to get these cards is to check for yourself. Whenever I'm ready to buy them, I check the rewards pages like a maniac. Somtimes 5, 10 times a day. And I have both Verizon and AARP bookmarked on every device I touch throughout the day. Yes it's a tad obsessive, but I don't care. Rarely in 2 1/2 years have I missed when they were available.

There's nothing official. Once you post on one of the threads, you are technically "subscribed" to it. Anytime it updates with a new post, you will receive notification. Whichever way you have your notifications set up. Unfortunately, not every post is specifically about the cards being available. So you will get alot of unnecessary notifications. I use the tapatalk app for my phone and anytime anyone makes a new post, it shows up on my phone as a little taapatalk icon.

The best way to get these cards is to check for yourself. Whenever I'm ready to buy them, I check the rewards pages like a maniac. Somtimes 5, 10 times a day. And I have both Verizon and AARP bookmarked on every device I touch throughout the day. Yes it's a tad obsessive, but I don't care. Rarely in 2 1/2 years have I missed when they were available.

On Tapatalk any threads you reply to will show up under the "Participated" heading. You have to physically subscribe to a thread if you want to be notified by email such as on a computer or wherever. It doesn't automatically do it. At least not for me on Tapatalk and certainly not on the CC desktop version.

On Tapatalk any threads you reply to will show up under the "Participated" heading. You have to physically subscribe to a thread if you want to be notified by email such as on a computer or wherever. It doesn't automatically do it. At least not for me on Tapatalk and certainly not on the CC desktop version.

All I know is once I participate in a thread, I get every notification of a new reply in it unless I specifically uncheck it. Maybe that's the way I have my notifications set up in tapatalk. And it updates all of the time. That's the way it works for me. Who knows. But you can easily subscribe to a thread in tapatalk by clicking on the arrow with the circle around it. I turned off my cruise critic email notifications.

All I know is once I participate in a thread, I get every notification of a new reply in it unless I specifically uncheck it. Maybe that's the way I have my notifications set up in tapatalk. And it updates all of the time. That's the way it works for me. Who knows. But you can easily subscribe to a thread in tapatalk by clicking on the arrow with the circle around it. I turned off my cruise critic email notifications.

Yep that's what it sounds like. Not everyone uses Tapatalk though, so I didn't want people thinking that just because they reply to a thread means they are subscribed which isn't true especially when using the desktop version. You have to manually subscribe to threads there.