On board the Summit now.

Corgis mom

First...there is a new thing called indulgences. It is a venue where you get entertainment, food and drink. They had a few of the costumed performers at the Rendezvous Lounge to promote it.

Don't know how much it costs. COSTS ??? Doesn't that sound a little like NCL?

There was a sign for it outside Bistro on Five, not sure if it was held there.

Also, maybe I was wrong before, but no peanut butter ice cream. The deserts are very good, though. Most of the MDR food is very good, and the service is excellent. The wine steward is pouring you more wine before you realize you are running low in your glass.

No trouble getting a drink, either. Aft on 10, the pool bar, or Rendezvous. Those are our places of choice. The only complaint is Internet connection. It can be very slow.

First...there is a new thing called indulgences. It is a venue where you get entertainment, food and drink. They had a few of the costumed performers at the Rendezvous Lounge to promote it.

There was a sign for it outside Bistro on Five, not sure if it was held there

Thanks for the update. I'm curious to know what type of entertainment and food is offered at this venue that would make it worth paying for and what the up charge would be. I wouldn't mind paying for top entertainment and better quality food but if it's just going to be crepes with a side of "Lounge Lizard", then I'll pass.

Edited by Iamcruzin

There was a sign for it outside Bistro on Five, not sure if it was held there.

Also, maybe I was wrong before, but no peanut butter ice cream. The deserts are very good, though. Most of the MDR food is very good, and the service is excellent. The wine steward is pouring you more wine before you realize you are running low in your glass.

No trouble getting a drink, either. Aft on 10, the pool bar, or Rendezvous. Those are our places of choice. The only complaint is Internet connection. It can be very slow.

Saw indulgence last year- was free for upper level suite guests and it might have been the first show. Not sure of the cost. They gave some drinks and unusual desserts. It reminded me of a pre circus show with people walking around with Carnival attire and acts. It wasn't great and if it hasn't improved and costs too much-skip it. If $25pp or less, go.

I didn't go when I was on the April 25th sailing, but can report it was $20. It was held the second formal night at 10pm. Additionally, there was peanut butter ice cream on board that week. I actually had a conversation with the executive chef about it - he happened to be standing there and I make my own ice cream. He happened to overhear me saying that I should make some when I get home.

Indulgence was on our Summit cruise, last year. It was expensive ($49?? I think), and right after our second seating dinner -- so we did not go. Others from our r/c who went said it was a total waste of time and $$. :eek:

Edited by wwcruisers

Tonight, last night of the cruise...PEANUT BUTTER ICE CREAM and they have two chocolate cakes to pair it with. Alone, it is still very good.

They have the third of three kareoke nights tonight. We heard night 2 in the Rendezvous lounge. A guy named Joe was fantastic!

Not doing Aqua class. Concierge. I like the menu in the MDR. So does my husband. That is what counts. We looked at the menu for Lumenae. Not impressed. I am sure it is tasty, but we like the choice you get in the MDR. Escargot is a favorite. You can get Caesar salad in the Ocean view in the afternoon, but we like that, too. Deserts are to die for, and love all the special ice creams, except the pistachio. For some reason, it isn't a favorite.

There was name that tune tonight in Rendezvous lounge. Last night was really fun. It was Port vs. Starboard. He would start a song, and you had to start singing it, and when his music stopped, keep on singing it, LOUD. It was a lot of fun. They tried to even up the two sides, because sometimes one was a lot better, but still lost, but what the heck, there was nothing at stake.

Didn't see any trivia. There may have been some, just didn't see it. The Rendezvous lounge was our favorite, because we went there before dinner, and after, too.

Going back tomorrow. We will be ready to go home next weekend. I will try to answer questions, but the Internet is not the best. One time I had 10 minutes remaining, and couldn't download one email

Good news for you trivia hounds! Also onboard and there were at least two a day plus some sort of other mind game scattergories, name that tune, etc...

Last week on the Summit! we dropped in to see what Indulgence was about. It's sort of an intimate cabaret experience from what I could tell. They appeared to have interesting food and drinks, but we had just come from dinner and didn't try anything. The singer was an engaging young lady. We were only there for about 5 minutes. It probably wasn't our cup of tea, but if you were hungry, did not have a drink package, and we're interested in trying something different, I see no harm. I'm not sure how much they were charging for it.

The only real issue is that they they block off Cellar Masters and the Bistro for it, so anyone wanting to cross that deck has to go up or down one level.

Thanks, I'm encouraged to hear about the trivia and the Name that Tune sounds like fun. Our crew will be a little disappointed to be limited to three karaoke nights, though. Our girls made a name for themselves on Reflection last January!

Not to be That Person who has to know every detail of what is going to happen before I get on board, but do you mind checking what time the karaoke and Name that Tune games were held? I am making reservations for select dining and want to make sure we time our dinner to permit attending these activities, since those are our favorite types of things. We really like interactive games and activities.

Thanks, I'm encouraged to hear about the trivia and the Name that Tune sounds like fun. Our crew will be a little disappointed to be limited to three karaoke nights, though. Our girls made a name for themselves on Reflection last January!

Not to be That Person who has to know every detail of what is going to happen before I get on board, but do you mind checking what time the karaoke and Name that Tune games were held? I am making reservations for select dining and want to make sure we time our dinner to permit attending these activities, since those are our favorite types of things. We really like interactive games and activities.

My wife went to karaoke, it was late, after ten. They had a winner from each night sing in a sing off the last night for the grand prize!!!!!

I couldn't resist posting a few pictures of Indulgence. We attended on Reflection in January. They blocked off Ensemble Lounge with red velvet curtains. It was $20 each, including interesting cocktails and desserts (free for CS and above so we decided to give it a try).

It was a cabaret-type atmosphere, as mentioned above - lots of pop up, surprising entertainment. Actually watching the people of all ages interact with the entertainers was the best part for us. Saw an older couple arrive and look at each other like they weren't in Kansas anymore and then later, likely after a couple of drinks, I saw the husband with 2 desserts and a fancy drink in hand talking to a scantily-clad lady, with a big grin on his face.

Notice the "dessert skirt" below was loaded with desserts.

IMG_3688%20600x800_zpseihrkjqo.jpg

IMG_3685_zpssckefg2z.jpg

IMG_3684%20600x800_zpslmukddbz.jpg