Guys burger joint?

motleyfan

I know I have already posted a similar reply in other threads about Guy's Burgers, but I go again, anyway.....If you are a fan of grease and salt, Guy's Burgers will be right up your alley. And the fries, even at the height of lunch time when they should be fresh and crispy, were soggy and mushy. I tried a second time on this cruise (The Conquest) and was equally disappointed.

If Guy Frieri wasn't on TV as a B-List celebrity I don't think these burgers would even be considered by Carnival.

I liked them a lot. I think the key is that they are the best burgers I've ever had on a cruise.

Sure you can go to a local place that has better burgers like my favorite Chris Madrid's in San Antonio, or your favorite chain like Five Guys, but you can't get those on a cruise.

I liked them a lot. I think the key is that they are the best burgers I've ever had on a cruise.

Sure you can go to a local place that has better burgers like my favorite Chris Madrid's in San Antonio' date=' or your favorite chain like Five Guys, but you can't get those on a cruise.[/quote']

That sounds really cool, I'm definitely going to check that out

We got off the glory last Saturday. And of course we had to try them. Little did we know we would be eating them almost everyday. Not because they were great, but because they we better than the rest of the slop they dole out to you at the buffet.

Go to the MDR you say, after a very awkward experiance with our waitress there, that wasn't happening.

To those who are commenting to the OP that they would never choose a cruise based on food choices like Guys Burgers I ask why not? I have sailed Carnival but for the past few years I have sailed RCI, I am booking another Carnival cruise for Guys Burgers and also the tacos I have been hearing great things about. Both cruise lines are similar, I did some research into some NCL ships too, but those burgers kept calling my name. It is an individual decision what causes people to book a certain cruise, what may be important to one person may not be important to another.

As has been said here on CC many times, food is subjective. What one person likes another wont. Best thing is to try it once, and then you know.

If I like them, they cant be all that bad:D Really, when it comes to burgers I am the supreme fusspot of all time. I thought that I would not like them, turns out I did after all. And the fries I had were not soggy, just a little too salty, but I ate them all:)

I have never been on a Carnival cruise, the only thing that would make me want to is Guys burger joint . as I'm a big fan of burgers I am wondering are the burgers really that good? Are they already made or made to order? How long are they open?

It's the most over-hyped burger in the world.

The burgers are the worst full of grease and more grease and the fries are even worst. I can't believe you're going to book a cruise for guy's burger. Wow

Like the burgers but not thrilled with the fries as they are rather soggy and salty.

Next time will ask for them without salt and think we will get better ones.

As folks have said food is subjective. Every time the question is asked the reviews are mixed. It's not an extra charge so if you decide to sail Carnival give it a try. If you don't like it you can always find something else on board. I honestly wouldn't cruise ONLY for Guys if you don't normally cruise Carnival. I say go for it if there's something else about the ship that interests you, because if you end up not liking it you might feel like the whole cruise was a waste.

But I'm going to go ahead and cast my vote as it was amazing!! :D

...Burgers and fries are fantastic! Patties cooked just right and fries have just the perfect amount of crisp to them. I think the fries are seasoned fine but wife finds them a tad to spicy.

...If we were choosing between two ships with basically the same cost and ports, Guy's Joint (along with the Red Frog Pub) would be the deciding factors!

• 2 years later...
I go to Guys and get just fries with no seasoning then off to the fixins bar and get a large amount of mushrooms then go get a bowl of vanilla ice cream. This was my lunch many days on my last 3 cruises. I may do a burger once or twice a cruise.

Guys has only been open from 12-6 when we have sailed on ships with one.

Can you get a burger with just cheese on it? I like mine plain except to add mustard and ketchup. Thought I read somewhere that they came with lettuce & tomato. I don't eat that on mine and don't want to waste it. Just wondering if one can get it plain?

I think Guy's burgers are great - not the best burger ever, but hands down the very best one at sea. (HAL has one that I think is close.) Yes, they are greasy, messy, and artery clogging - definitely yummy.

My son returned from Oasis OTS last month and said his next cruise had to be on Carnival with Guy's.

Can you get a burger with just cheese on it? I like mine plain except to add mustard and ketchup. Thought I read somewhere that they came with lettuce & tomato. I don't eat that on mine and don't want to waste it. Just wondering if one can get it plain?

Yes, it’s called the plain Jane. You have have to go to the toppings bar to add mustard,ketchup. c30375b57c46b0acfdb7f7891cdaa968.jpeg

Just off Pride….Guys Burgers were just OK. They were thin and too salty….maybe that's because I cook with very little salt today and I am just more sensitive to the taste of it.

I find better burgers locally.

How was the Pride overall? pros and cons?