Soda Machine Locations

Oh good lord, do you really think I save the links to random posts that say things about soda running out? lol. I'm not saying it is a constant problem on all ships I'm just saying that I have read posts that mention people being frustrated with syrup running out. A quick search of the forum comes up with so many results for "soda machines" and I really don't care to read them all just to prove I've read that statement before. However, here's a link, the very first one I read when I did the quick search, and several people mention being on a ship where machines ran out of flavors. I'm simply relaying that I've read those statements many times and that it could be an annoying problem if you have the soda package and that happens to be the case. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2207274&highlight=soda+machines

Your link is a wonderful example of inconsistent information, you might want to read it as it proves my point. One person said the machines were empty, yet people on same cruise said they were fine. Still another said they thought the ship didn't even have Freestyle machines.

Just because you read something from one disgruntled cruiser, it doesn't mean that it is accurate. I could share lots of information I have read on these boards by many posters but there are many posters that like to make up stories.

The point, I think, was that too often things like that get mentioned a time or two, then someone (such as you, in this instance) posts an "I've heard...." comment, as if it was some kind of typical issue. If you took everything you've read here and did that kind of thing, it could get pretty ridiculous. I can imagine a few.....

"From what I've read about the ships, the hallways tend to smell like sewage."

"From what I've read about Caribbean, the seas tend to be rough because of hurricanes."

"From what I've read about Guest Services, the lines are long, and the employees are rude."

That's a fair point, and you're right. I have read that a lot though, and in the case of soda machines, people Saying they run out of flavors is factual statement rather than a subjective one like the ones that you mention (minus the smell). I've read it often enough to think it may be an issue that would annoy me if I had a soda package on a freestyle machine ship where I buy it specifically to have access to all the flavors. And I did say in my post that I don't know if it's a pervasive issue or an issue on all ships, just that it seems to happen sometimes. It's not a flat out, 100% across the board problem, but it comes up often enough that to me it sounds like the soda package on these ships could be worthless and I personally wouldn't bother to buy one for that reason. I'm not a big soda drinker but I'll drink it sometimes and would have fun with it on vacation with an unlimited freestyle machine, but it would be boring and worthless to me to have to drink coke and sprite all week.

That's a fair point, and you're right. I have read that a lot though, and in the case of soda machines, people Saying they run out of flavors is factual statement rather than a subjective one like the ones that you mention (minus the smell).

I've read factual accounts multiple times about things like sewer odor, rough seas and long lines at Guest Services.

The key is that people don't really mention things like, "the soda machines didn't run out of syrup" or "my cabin didn't smell like sewage." So the only times you read about some things is when they are a problem.

I just called Royal Caribbean and was told that all of the ships have the soda machines. I am very confused now. I did ask specifically about the Liberty and was told yes they do have the machines.

I have asked someone who just got off the ship last week and am waiting for a response.

I just called Royal Caribbean and was told that all of the ships have the soda machines. I am very confused now. I did ask specifically about the Liberty and was told yes they do have the machines.

I have asked someone who just got off the ship last week and am waiting for a response.

Since you will be on Liberty in a couple of weeks, wait until you are onboard to purchase any beverage package. Then you will know for sure if the Freestyle machines are on board.

I was on the ship as recently as 6 weeks ago. It did NOT have the Freestyle machines.

Calling the Royal Caribbean number to ask them something about one of their ships is about as useful as dialing a random phone number and asking whomever answers the same question.

No machines on Liberty in April. I sailed Allure in November and heard all kinds of nightmare stories about broken machines, syrups being out, etc. and never encountered a problem. Maybe I was lucky?

No machines on Liberty in April. I sailed Allure in November and heard all kinds of nightmare stories about broken machines, syrups being out, etc. and never encountered a problem. Maybe I was lucky?

We were on Freedom at Christmas and Enchantment in March and never had any issues with the machines.

We have never had issues with the machines either.

They gave you the wrong answer. End of confusion.:D

I was on Allure during a busy spring break week in March, and experienced very few issues with the freestyle machines. Yes, occasionally they run out of a flavor that you may want, but they are filled frequently and if you report it, they will refill even quicker. Machines sometimes break, but there were multiple machines on the ship so it wasn't that big of a deal. At no point in time was I not able to get a drink at one of the two the 24 hour machine located outside of Sorrentos.

The locations on the Allure I recall are as follows:

Sorrentos - 2 machines located out front in the promenade (24 hours)

Wipe Out Café - 1 machine located inside (only accessible when the Café was open)

Windjammer - at least 3 machines located inside (I imagine only accessible when Windjammer was open)

Hope that helps.