June Choices?

I hope it goes back to what April offered (or better!)

So mad at myself for not booking on the last day of April.......... I kept hemming and hawing, and couldn't make up my mind. Now that I've set my mind on the sailing (21days in April 2017) I'm now just waiting for better perks!

Fingers crossed for June!!!!!

I hope it goes back to what April offered (or better!)

So mad at myself for not booking on the last day of April.......... I kept hemming and hawing, and couldn't make up my mind. Now that I've set my mind on the sailing (21days in April 2017) I'm now just waiting for better perks!

Fingers crossed for June!!!!!

If you definitely know the dates that you wish to travel, why wouldn't you book now and then cancel/re-book if the price/perks change in your favor prior to your sailing date?

If you definitely know the dates that you wish to travel, why wouldn't you book now and then cancel/re-book if the price/perks change in your favor prior to your sailing date?

I can think of a couple of reasons: 1-sometimes you can't cancel and rebook. 2-some people book partly based on catagory and location. The minute one cancles for a better deal they lose the cabin and may not be able to get it back. Let's face it, with the perks and promos going one with all cruise ships right now, it is a gamble when is the best time to book.

Edited by newmexicoNita

I can think of a couple of reasons: 1-sometimes you can't cancel and rebook. 2-some people book partly based on catagory and location. The minute one cancles for a better deal they lose the cabin and may not be able to get it back. Let's face it, with the perks and promos going one with all cruise ships right now, it is a gamble when is the best time to book.

I don't understand either of your points. Can you please clarify what you mean?

1) When can't you cancel and then rebook? Do you mean when you're still outside the penalty window?

2) I would think the chance that you'd lose your cabin during the few minutes between when you cancel it and when you buy it again (a "cancel and rebook") would be FAR less than the chance that you'll lose it during the months that you're waiting for a better promo to come along, without having booked anything.

I'm sure that what you said made sense, but I'm not seeing it so if you could explain what you said, that would be helpful.

I don't understand either of your points. Can you please clarify what you mean?

1) When can't you cancel and then rebook? Do you mean when you're still outside the penalty window? If they book on the UK site, they lose their entire deposit to rebook or they are inside the cancellation period.

2) I would think the chance that you'd lose your cabin during the few minutes between when you cancel it and when you buy it again (a "cancel and rebook") would be FAR less than the chance that you'll lose it during the months that you're waiting for a better promo to come along, without having booked anything. If there is a waiting list for a category yes they can lose their room, someone gave an example this week about losing their mini-suite doing a cancel/rebook

I'm sure that what you said made sense, but I'm not seeing it so if you could explain what you said, that would be helpful.

Answers above in red

Answers above in red

1) Right, those booking on the UK site can't cancel and rebook. And of course if you're inside the penalty phase you can only cancel and rebook at some cost. But OTHER than these well known "exceptions," is there anything else that would prevent somebody from cancelling and rebooking, assuming you booked in the U.S. and are still outside the penalty phase?

2) What you said makes sense EXCEPT for the fact that if your cabin category has a waiting list, that means it's sold out, correct? In which case if you never booked one of those cabins and were waiting for that super promo, when it finally comes you won't be able to book it because somebody else already did. So with all due respect your second point doesn't make any sense.

Or I might be missing something.....?

What (realistically) would be the best Freestyle Choice deal?

Is there something better than what expired in April?

Some of us think the UBP is the best deal, while others want OBC. It's a personal decision based on your own cruising style. In my opinion, the offers in the first few months of this year were much better than the current offer.

Some of us think the UBP is the best deal, while others want OBC. It's a personal decision based on your own cruising style. In my opinion, the offers in the first few months of this year were much better than the current offer.

Sorry I wasn't more detailed. I meant what total package (Haven or Suite) would be better than what ended April 5th.

That included UBP, UDP, OBC, Gratuities, 1/2 off deposits and Friends and Family sail free (or 1/2 depending on date).

Edited by Two Wheels Only

I just sailed the Jade out of Rome on April 08 for 10 nts. When we booked, we got both the UBP *and* the UDP on a balcony gty. My partner and I are not big drinkers, but we like to enjoy the worry-free aspect of knowing that we are all paid up when we set foot on the ship. The dining package, while nice to have, is not as important. (But I still wouldn't mind having it!)

I'm going to book using my Future Cruise Certificate..... this is my first time using it, so I have little familiarity with it.... if I book now, but later see a better set of perks being offered, what do I do then? The FCC has been the main reason I've held off on doing anything at all.

Greg

I just sailed the Jade out of Rome on April 08 for 10 nts. When we booked, we got both the UBP *and* the UDP on a balcony gty. My partner and I are not big drinkers, but we like to enjoy the worry-free aspect of knowing that we are all paid up when we set foot on the ship. The dining package, while nice to have, is not as important. (But I still wouldn't mind having it!)

I'm going to book using my Future Cruise Certificate..... this is my first time using it, so I have little familiarity with it.... if I book now, but later see a better set of perks being offered, what do I do then? The FCC has been the main reason I've held off on doing anything at all.

Greg

If you cancel and rebook, your deposit (FCC) will be transferred to the new reservation.