I found a kindle under the bed

A few years ago, 2009 actually, in the process of disembarking Legend in Rome. Sunglasses left in Owners Suite, realised just before exiting the ship. Returned to room and glasses were gone. Questioned the steward who claimed they weren't seen. It was approximately 5 minutes between exiting the room and returning to the room - those were some very speedy sunglasses, or thieves. Anywho, what do you do? Couldn't complain.

Edited by tazza_0712

We were so busy chatting with the cruise consultants on mariner of the seas that we'd left both kindles in the chairs we sat in. When we returned they said the hadn't been handed in but we asked the people in chairs to stand up and there they were tucked at the sides and they'd never noticed them

There is a "team" that cleans cabins on turn around day. The room stewards or cabin attendants if you like do not do all that work by themselves.

Not to mention the cabin door stays wide open, and sometimes curious cruisers will look in. After the stolen magnet on door thread who knows what else they'd take. ;)

I found a driver's license on the beach in Bermuda on a Voyager of the Seas cruise that I took in July of 2012. It belonged to a girl from NJ who had just turned 21. I tried to turn it in to the lifeguard on the beach. He said "I can add this one to the stack of others that I have in the lifeguard stand". I decided to take it back to the ship since we were the only ship in port that day. I figured that someone on our ship had lost it. If not, I was prepared to mail it to the owner when we got to San Juan.

I took it to guest services once I returned on board and asked if a girl by the name on the license was on the ship. I was told that she indeed was! I asked for the license to be returned to her. The guest services employee asked if she could share my name with the girl in case she wanted to thank me. I said yes. I never heard a thing during the following 7 days of the cruise. I hope she appreciated the trouble I went through to return her license. I saved her from an unpleasant visit to the DMV!

Unfortunately the young woman wasn't kind enough to say it herself, but that was very nice of you.

SNIP! I hope she appreciated the trouble I went through to return her license. I saved her from an unpleasant visit to the DMV!

Is there ever a pleasant visit?

On our last cruise, a nice couple at our dinner table had left their camera in the van on a ship-sponsored excursion and were of course very upset to lose the camera and all the pictures, but were still holding out hope it would be returned. They had a cheaper back-up camera with them, which they left on their chair at the next night's dinner when they went back to their room to change. Several of us at the table were meeting them later for the evening's entertainment, so the one fellow took a few "mystery pictures" with their camera before returning it that night. They didn't even notice for a few days, not even the picture of the men's room. :D

The good thing was they did get their "good" camera back eventually. It was found and shipped back to them after the cruise at their expense.

Edited by CntPAcruiser

On one of our Norway cruises I noticed an expensive 35mm camera left under a lounger on the pool deck. I felt that it would be responsibe for me to pick it up before someone else (less honest?) spied it.

Sometime later there was a passenger running around looking for something.

It was his camera, and he was most grateful! :)

my husbands user name on email and other sites has bra as the second part (his first name, underscore, bra) as it is the first three letters of his last name..

hi sis, i am used to people getting my name mixed up and yes people laugh at my surname whi i used to find upsetting but now i get over it as i find that people who comment are not nice people but many thanks for mentioning that in the forum as people are sad

your best bud and thanks

I lost a scarf on a Brilliance of the Seas sailing in April and emailed Royal Caribbean to ask if it had been turned in. Via email, I was informed that all clothing items left behind are immediately discarded.

I left my college ring in my room morning we disembarked. Steward took to GS. We had two rooms so she told my wife's steward what she did. I went to GS and asked for it. The pursed asked me to describe it. I said it has my name engraved inside. I signed and said thank you

Great that this worked out for you.

Do you and your wife often book separate cabins? Is that for additional space and a second bathroom?

hi sis, i am used to people getting my name mixed up and yes people laugh at my surname whi i used to find upsetting but now i get over it as i find that people who comment are not nice people but many thanks for mentioning that in the forum as people are sad

your best bud and thanks

Just how many sisters do you have?

###

As for the Bra poster...I am almost afraid to ask, but what is a Qtip for ladies bits?

For the above poster who is unclear on "lady bits," it is an euphemism for the female genitalia.

:eek::eek::eek: I can honestly say that today I learned something new on cruise critic.

Back a couple years ago on the Mariner we found 3 Twinkies in the vanity on the shelf. (this was during the period when Twinkies were not in production or available) We left them there not sure if it was some sort of joke. But I am sure they were just missed in the cleaning by the room attendant.

JoeRum

hi sis, i too found underware under the bed on my ship. i made a complaint in the reception desk.

it is terrible the way the servants cleans the rooms and they should be fired. kindles, underware and rubbish. they are not doing their job properly i tell you

your bud

Servants? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I left a sarong behind on Legend of the Seas, which I was very upset about; it was my last birthday present from my mother. Royal Caribbean said they didn't keep any property under a certain value (I think it was £20)

For the above poster who is unclear on "lady bits," it is an euphemism for the female genitalia.

Ok, we have all learned something new for today :D

back on topic,

I find the customer service desk/ guest relations to be very helpful and it is understandable that they discard items of clothing if the cruise has finished. There must be lots of it left.

During my last cruise I found a kindle under my bed and I returned it to the service desk but something is telling me it will never reach his owner. How does the lost and found works after you leave the cruise? Any good experience if you have lost anything ?

If it was Indy 9634 please email me at plassiter64@gmail.com You have no idea how happy that would make my DW.

Please come back and let us know if your wife's kindle was the one found. If so, how amazing would that be?

Yes, it would be amazing. We can't find hers and she told me a week ago it was missing. I didn't know we had it on our IN cruise so I didn't look for it in our bags. It might have fallen out when we packed on our last day. I have emailed the ship. I will let you know if we get an answer.

Yes, it would be amazing. We can't find hers and she told me a week ago it was missing. I didn't know we had it on our IN cruise so I didn't look for it in our bags. It might have fallen out when we packed on our last day. I have emailed the ship. I will let you know if we get an answer.

Great and thanks!

Please come back and let us know if your wife's kindle was the one found. If so, how amazing would that be?

Lost and found has a kindle but we've decided it isn't ours. I had several emails back and fourth trying to establish ownership. It isn't Marilyn's. :(