Oasis - Accessing Suite Area on Upper Deck

We were on Oasis before the dry dock changes, and I believe before the smoking policy changes as well.

When we sailed on Oasis last time, the upper deck suite guest area was rarely used. We never saw anyone up there on Day 1 or Day 2. (In fact, it turned out that we were the only people, save for one couple on one evening, who ever were in that area anytime we went up there throughout the cruise.)

On the evening of Day 2 as DH walked past the chained stairs that lead to the suite area, the attendant motioned for us to come up. DH was walking with an unlit cigar in his hand heading to find a smoking area. We waved back and said we weren't suite guests. And (paraphrasing here) the attendant said it was fine - nobody was up there anyway. We did, and from that night on, we spent about an hour every evening up there and had the space to ourselves. Literally, with the exception of one night when one other couple joined, there was never a soul there. We got a drink from that bar and he enjoyed his cigar and the views. As we left the bartender said "come back tomorrow". We did, and we continued to enjoy that space for his one cigar every night of the cruise. Honestly, I think he enjoyed having some company up there. And the tips we gave him didn't hurt either. ;)

So the question is "how common is this?" My DH is so looking forward to that again, and I have a feeling that was a fluke and isn't generally permitted.

That would be EXCELLENT if that's the case. We stay by the pool during the day anyway. I just don't like feeling like we're breaking rules. They kept that chain across the stairs day and night. To access you had to unclip the chain and climb the stairs. We just felt a little naughty doing that.

Hopefully you're right and he can have his cigar under the stars. THANKS! :)

After the dry dock the cigar smoking area was changed to the port side pool bar. The suite sun deck is smoke free now

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From oasis compass

"Designated outdoor smoking areas are located on the port side of deck 15 and 16. Pool bar port side will be available from 700pm onwards for any cigar smokers."

Thanks for that info. And that'll work out fine too.

So does the suite "sun" deck open for everyone during evening, or does it remain for suite guests only?

Suite guest only when we were on

• 1 month later...
Can anyone tell me where this suite sun deck and bar are located on Oasis?

I believe it's above the Solarium Cafe on deck 17, forward.

Edited by clarea

So my husband may only smoke his cigar after 7 pm?

Not sure about after drydock, but both Oasis and Allure opened the port side bar area on the suite deck for cigar smoking. It is open to anyone but it has published hours. We went up a couple of times and it is a great place. Usually very unused. Bar tender had a cigar lighter and kept our cigars lit. Nice furniture. Hopefully it's still the same.

As I remember, the hours were published in the cruise compass.