Table Tennis

Bumpy ride

These ships are over 110000 gross tonnes - there should be plenty of room... Princess have at least 2 on their ships which are almost identical in design and they don't cause any problems at all. Sad that some people feel the need to complain about something like table tennis and people enjoying themselves - no wonder P&O haven't got the time to deal with important things, they are too busy dealing with passengers that feel the need to complain about the time of day or the weather - save your complaints for when something serious happens and enjoy the fact that you are one of the few people lucky enough to be able to holiday on a cruise ship.

BRING BACK TWO TABLE TENNIS TABLES... (...even if it's just to see the queues of people at customer relations complaining about it instead of sipping cocktails by the pool...)

Where is the 'like' button when you need it.

There are a few things I don't like on cruises such as the big screens on deck, people constantly running/jogging round the promenade deck, but I put up with them as that's what other people like. If people don't like the table tennis activities, they are free to sit well away from them.

Played my first table tennis game with my other half on QM2 recently and to my surprise, after many years of refusing to pick up a bat, I really enjoyed it 😄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not sure the snooker table would work, as if the ship was moving at all, wouldn't the balls roll around? :-)

I hate the thwack of the golf net, so try not to sit near it. Fred Olsen had a better idea with table tennis. It was on the bottom deck in a room, not out in the open air so it didn't disturb anybody at all. We played in the tournaments down there quite often.

Edited by jeanlyon

I have nothing against table tennis. Or snooker. Or darts come to that.

The argument that table tennis is annoying to other passengers isn't really something I can agree with. Where do you draw the line? There's probably some activity on every cruise ship that every individual finds annoying, whether it's passengers who have had too much to drink, a quiz in your favourite bar, loud music around the pool or whatever.

Shall we get rid of all of these, even though some people enjoy them? I don't think so, there would be very little left!

Even Adonia has 2 tables. They were well used despite the fact that it's an adult only ship with a high percentage of pensioners (like me:mad:).

Having only one table on a ship the size of Azura is a rather a poor show particularly with it being family friendly. How about removing the equipment from the gym then you could put loads of table tennis tables in there.

We did experience a lot of noise whilst we were playing. However this was from the loudspeakers blaring out music at the sailaway when we were trying to have a quiet game!

Edited by clivep

Even Adonia has 2 tables. They were well used despite the fact that it's an adult only ship with a high percentage of pensioners (like me:mad:).

Having only one table on a ship the size of Azura is a rather a poor show particularly with it being family friendly. How about removing the equipment from the gym then you could put loads of table tennis tables in there.

We did experience a lot of noise whilst we were playing. However this was from the loudspeakers blaring out music at the sailaway when we were trying to have a quiet game!

Like, like, like 😄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Another vote for more table tennis tables please!! I am going on the Azura on Saturday (soooo excited) and am hoping to get a few games in but with the amount of passengers on board and only one measley table am not holding my breath :)

Well done you, now how do I get somebody in authority from P&O to listen?

Well Bumpy; have you emailed P&O mentioning that as there is only the one table tennis table on board can you take your own? Attach a picture of a folded up table from a good manufacturers website or whatever and give metric dimensions of the table and assure them that it will be stored in your cabin when you are not playing. Ask them to clarify how wide cabin doors are and where the best spots to "set up" are, the atrium has a lot of space and is not always used by an organised event. This could drive up the coffee sales and help the cruise line financially.

Hopefully they will respond by saying there is a second table that can be brought out so you don't need to take yours.

Lol John

Edited by john watson

Scorpio

Please find below imail to customer services.

It's up to them to be proactive .

We have travelled on several ships and cruise lines including Azura over the years. All at summer school holiday time.

After consulting the p&o help line they are also bewildered as to why a ship this size will only have ONE table tennis table in use during this forthcoming trip.

I'm contacting you now in order you can rectify this situation before we leave Southampton on the 11th July ( cruise number A517)

This is not just a whinge from an enthusiast but a genuine concern from a passenger that is looking out for the P&O sea side personnel having to deal with a vast amount of complaints. Knowledgeable in the fact there will be many known players on board during this cruise who will be annoyed should there only be one table available for 3000+ passengers.

The opportunity presents itself to P&O for a proactive approach in order to insure someone sea side does not have to try and defend the indefensible.

I welcome your thoughts.

4 mails 3 calls and total apathy from customer services.

I will let the others express their feelings onboard but it's not going to be harmonious.

I have given them numerous opportunities to avoid confrontation. So let the games begin ....

Please explain to me why they would worry about 1 person who wants a second TT table out of 3000 passengers who are all totally happy. think about it.

Bet they've warned the on board staff about you! LOL

Edited by jeanlyon

You've lost it ....

Do the maths, jeanlyon even if only 2% turned up for the competitions you still have a problem with one table trying to accommodate over 60 people. Ask yourself why all smaller ships have two tables. It's not rocket science to work it out.

It takes 30 mins to wheel on board another table. What's your problem.

Its you that's got the problem pal. I couldn't care less if they put another Ping Pong table on board. They won't though! What part of that don't you understand?

Don't pal

and get used to the idea that it's a popular sport for kids and adults alike that enjoy some for of recreation other than lying like a beached whale pondering over what food they will gorge on in the next 30minutes. Get it ....