All Things Ovation of the Seas!

It is what we in the UK call "Bumper cars!"

We used to call them "Bumper cars" but the Theme park / Fairground owners got fed up of their liability premiums rising year on year, so "Dodgems" seemed to circumnavigate (forgive the pun) the problem. :)

:D LOL, thank you, that helps!

She´s expected to arrive in Bremerhaven by 10:30 pm tonight (after a round of sea trials). Hand over ceremonies are held tomorrow (so I doubt there will be time to add a sculpture ;)).

Royal IQ app should work on all Quantum class ships including the Ovation of the Seas.

steamboats

But as it wasn't a proper JRs anyway it's not great loss imho

Totally agree!! The fun of JR's to me was sitting down in an old 50's style American dinner and being served amazing burgers by happy, dancing staff (who encourage everyone to say "hello" to you as you come in!). Not to mention the one off cover charge, rather than paying per item.

From the pictures I've seen, they've reduced JR's to the same experience as queuing up to get a burger at Mc Donnalds!!!

Give me the Panda Noodle bar any day!!

Edited by drummerdavebmth

Thanks for the video, right towards the end he is walking along the back wall of the downstairs part of the music hall & it is totally lined with one arm bandits, that doesn't look good. Please tell me I am mistaken:(

I caught that too and even replayed the section of the video because I didn't remember them from Quantum a year and a half ago. It does look like there are more, but I can't see how they're going to fit chairs in front of them and not block the passage?

Guess I'll find out in two weeks!!! :D

It's 'optimised' for the Chinese market and that probably means facilitating a healthy appetite for gambling. Ovation is just pulling into Bremerhaven now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look again.

It is a corridor along the starboard side of the Music Hall.

I don't speak German, but he does literally say "Music Hall" at 19:03.

Back the the question of Kung Fu Panda Noodle Shop... so will that be a cover charge instead of a la carte? How much would the cover be?

I caught that too and even replayed the section of the video because I didn't remember them from Quantum a year and a half ago. It does look like there are more, but I can't see how they're going to fit chairs in front of them and not block the passage?

Guess I'll find out in two weeks!!! :D

I'm sure we will find out sooner Joanna once people are on board.

This is a photo at the back of the downstairs part of the Music Hall at the back of the bar on Anthem

26203940632_3246a40629_c.jpg

Look again.

It is a corridor along the starboard side of the Music Hall.

You are right, they have made it into a corridor of one arm bandits at the back of the music hall, I get the impression that there is a false wall immediately behind the bar making the corridor. On Anthem this was all part of the Music hall with bar stools & lovely seats as you can see from my picture above, we spent a lot of time in that area, I loved Rock the Boat & the whole atmosphere of the place but I wear hearing aids & I found that area allowed me to enjoy the music & hear conversations. :)

No mention of the artwork in the lifts yet, here is one from anthem

Here's one that's been posted on Twitter from someone onboard. Looks like the same style as her sister ships.

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-07%20at%205.32.30%20PM_zpslhla8mth.png