Summit Suite experience is Sweet!

Jwhite4304

Just got off the Summit and all I can say is wow! Kudos to Celebrity for upgrading the suite experience and opening Lumina! The Lumina experience was like a small personal club restaurant with personal experience and outstanding food, presented in a beautiful display. By the second day, our waiters, hostess, maitre de had our names down pat and went out of their way to take care of us.

Also, the priority boarding and disembarkation, reserved theatre seats on formal nights, the butler, etc all added to the experience.

Jimbo

Looking forward to the same thing in November.

I know you'll get a million questions but were there definitely three distinct meals a day (B,L,D) as finally promised?

Also, any peek into the lunch and breakfast menus? I have seen all the dinner menus but neither of the others, now that they are serving both every day.

So glad you had a great time. We'll get to enjoy Michael's Club and Luminae in November and your report put a big smile on my face.

Looking forward to the same thing in November.

I know you'll get a million questions but were there definitely three distinct meals a day (B,L,D) as finally promised?

Also, any peek into the lunch and breakfast menus? I have seen all the dinner menus but neither of the others, now that they are serving both every day.

So glad you had a great time. We'll get to enjoy Michael's Club and Luminae in November and your report put a big smile on my face.

We were on the Summit May 10th-17th and yes, breakfast, lunch and dinner were served every day. Lunch was also served in Luminae on embarkation day.

We were on the Summit May 10th-17th and yes, breakfast, lunch and dinner were served every day. Lunch was also served in Luminae on embarkation day.

DH and I were there from 5-3 through 5-17. The first week, lunch wasn't served. The second week, service began. We did turnaround lunch at Bistro on Five (coupon provided to all b2b passengers), but Luminae probably would have been a better choice. We just figured it would be crowded. It was really a wonderful experience and has truly enhanced our experience on Celebrity, where we've always sailed in a CS. This proved to be a big bonus for us!

Thanks for the report! Did you need to make reservations for Luminae?
Reservations were not needed for breakfast; however, they asked that we make them for lunch and dinner. We did this and had no problem. At the time we arrived (early for dinner), we could have walked in. Lunch did not seem to be a problem either. Some have posted that the menu is limited. Yes, it is small, but the food is wonderful. It is rich, so be prepared if you go there. It is classic French with cream and butter very much present. And that kale salad! Best surprise of all I think! I know, it's hard to imagine.

Reservations were not needed for breakfast; however, they asked that we make them for lunch and dinner. We did this and had no problem. At the time we arrived (early for dinner), we could have walked in. Lunch did not seem to be a problem either. Some have posted that the menu is limited. Yes, it is small, but the food is wonderful. It is rich, so be prepared if you go there. It is classic French with cream and butter very much present. And that kale salad! Best surprise of all I think! I know, it's hard to imagine.

They suggested that we make reservations, but we never did. But we never had to wait for a table.

There were a lot of dishes made with butter and cream, but I have a Dairy allergy, and the chef had no problem "adapting" a recipe for me. Everything was delicious.

Edited by C-Dragons

What were the hours for lunch?

Was there lunch on both sea days AND port days?

Thanks.

We had select dining and had made reservations at Lumaine on some days but also showed up without reservations and waited may a max of five minutes for a table. I cannot put in words how wonderful the staff was and how knowledgable, accommodating, caring they were. We had basically the same waiter, assistant waiter, and sommelier for the entire trip. Who knew all of our names by breakfast on the second day.

Jimbo

Lunch was from 12-1:30 pm. It was available on sea days and port days.
Nice to see your name on the boards. Hope you and DW are doing well. We're still reliving our wonderful experience and are looking forward to the next one. In the meantime, the weight still lingers.

Also served breakfast on disembarkation day from 6 AM to 8 AM. Was a wonderful way to leave the ship.

Jim

We didn't eat breakfast in Luminae until disembarkation day because we are not early risers and usually have breakfast in our suite. Boy what an eye opener! The breakfast in Luminae was wonderful!! The breakfast from room service was the worst we have ever had on a X ship.

Going forward, we just might have to get up a little earlier to have an enjoyable breakfast in Luminae.

Nice to see your name on the boards. Hope you and DW are doing well. We're still reliving our wonderful experience and are looking forward to the next one. In the meantime, the weight still lingers.

Thanks, DH and I are very well. :)

We only have a little more than 4 months before we're back on board and are looking forward to another great experience, too. :)

We board this Sunday and can't wait. A little surprised to hear that room service breakfast left a lot to be desired, since we were on Summit less than a year ago and the butler always bought everything to us ready to eat. Danish, croissant's, eggs benedict, fruit platter, grapefruit and coffee all excellent. We absolutely love breakfast on the veranda hope this time just as good.:D

We board this Sunday and can't wait. A little surprised to hear that room service breakfast left a lot to be desired, since we were on Summit less than a year ago and the butler always bought everything to us ready to eat. Danish, croissant's, eggs benedict, fruit platter, grapefruit and coffee all excellent. We absolutely love breakfast on the veranda hope this time just as good.:D

Thanks, DH and I are very well. :)

We only have a little more than 4 months before we're back on board and are looking forward to another great experience, too. :)

Woops! Thought you were Pat. I may still have those wonderful Luminae eggs on my face.:o

We love breakfast on the verandah too. Our butler, Dominic, was wonderful, can't fault him, the problem was with the galley. Food prepared ahead of time then put on a warming tray, so everything was dried out.

Hi all- I was on the cruise with Jimbo! Here are some food pics from Luminae. Hope all the foodies enjoy! Luminae was a true delight. I was very disappointed with Normandie after being so impressed by Luminae.

ImageUploadedByForums1432677793.075816.jpg.aedbf37973a7e2068177d919407f5a2c.jpg Salted caramel dessert with pretzel ice cream.

ImageUploadedByForums1432677827.508949.jpg.9c4d5120eb86a9800fcc6a63edbf930d.jpg salmon sashimi.

ImageUploadedByForums1432677849.056927.jpg.8fb73af34b89f434ce8173a7045b15ae.jpg breakfast fruit plate.

ImageUploadedByForums1432677882.171360.jpg.b1a92cc52b7c68f352a095e45da7dd48.jpg carrot walnut fruit bread.

ImageUploadedByForums1432677916.854806.jpg.53a92696e342014937dbe4ba158ab0c1.jpg lobster with butternut squash.

ImageUploadedByForums1432677943.619429.jpg.0ef6abe66e384b15546b68b35d7bd208.jpg fun cappuccino for breakfast!

ImageUploadedByForums1432677976.483923.jpg.31436543e6dfbcb6bc0fe98109cd36db.jpg dulce de leche crossaint.

ImageUploadedByForums1432678003.097405.jpg.e304bc423a05d12aed22e0de3be57ada.jpg kiwi flan!

ImageUploadedByForums1432678064.229424.jpg.76d7e370b4c35eeaefc0423404fdf711.jpg fish- forgot the exact type. All of the fish was outstanding.

ImageUploadedByForums1432678098.345419.jpg.e9d65551ed3a9e5cdd039d49f35c841e.jpg smoked salmon from breakfast menu.

ImageUploadedByForums1432678123.458452.jpg.b6adf4bf53d781782909f7bdc21987eb.jpg buffalo mozzarella and tomatoes.

ImageUploadedByForums1432678171.952101.jpg.42b4f6c6552db5cb05452ecab52894c8.jpg lobster and papaya appetizer.

Xx, Allison

Hi all- I was on the cruise with Jimbo! Here are some food pics from Luminae. Hope all the foodies enjoy! Luminae was a true delight. I was very disappointed with Normandie after being so impressed by Luminae.

fish- forgot the exact type. All of the fish was outstanding

Xx, Allison

Agreed! I had fish for lunch and dinner everyday. It was all very good. :D

Suggestion to get around the huge difference in quality of room service breakfast and Luminae:

We have a standing order for the coffee type of our choice from Al Bacio delivered in a carafe to keep it warm at 730a before we wake (unless it's an early port) with a basket of Danish. We wake and can leisurely enjoy as we dawdle a bit but head to Luminae for that wonderful breakfast or brunch. Now if they only sent those Danish from Luminae for room service, those are to die for.

Of course this doesn't work too well in a sky suite but in the suites with a separate bedroom it's perfect, and we never hear the butler come in.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Suggestion to get around the huge difference in quality of room service breakfast and Luminae:

We have a standing order for the coffee type of our choice from Al Bacio delivered in a carafe to keep it warm at 730a before we wake (unless it's an early port) with a basket of Danish. We wake and can leisurely enjoy as we dawdle a bit but head to Luminae for that wonderful breakfast or brunch. Now if they only sent those Danish from Luminae for room service, those are to die for.

Of course this doesn't work too well in a sky suite but in the suites with a separate bedroom it's perfect, and we never hear the butler come in.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sounds like the perfect start to my day. Glad to hear they will deliver a carafe of coffee to the suite and not just individual cups of coffee. Roll on November!

Currently on board the Summit. Overall suite experience is very nice however lunch menus at Luninea repeat every other day and the menu is rather small as it is. I was expecting a different lunch menu every day so it's a bit disappointing. Also they have completely done away with brunch, and I'm sad I won't get to try that lobster dish that was on the original brunch menu. Dinners have been nice on the whole. I'll write a more complete review when we return.