Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

That looks like a great tour. You really got to see a lot of the area despite the time constraints of a port stop.

We sure did and at a great price too ! We have found a lot of places , like Lisbon , that we return to and sometimes stay at and visit pre or post cruise . Just last night , we just returned from a week at our most frequently visited cruise port - Cozumel , where our oldest grandson certified in SCUBA . :) :) :D Maybe now I can get back to editing and uploading some photos !

5cb78996-5d6a-4f2a-8513-cdcfa0323414_zpsmeavmsqv.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

We sure did and at a great price too ! We have found a lot of places , like Lisbon , that we return to and sometimes stay at and visit pre or post cruise . Just last night , we just returned from a week at our most frequently visited cruise port - Cozumel , where our oldest grandson certified in SCUBA . :) :) :D Maybe now I can get back to editing and uploading some photos !

Congrats for your Grandson.:D

We left Lisbon at 8 PM and it was time to advance the clock again . Sunday morning was absolutely beautiful . Cool , clear and sunny , like a South Florida cold front . The view from the balcony .

IMG_6781_zpsreesoul9.jpg

A great day to be alive , and shoot some photos . We headed up top and aft .

IMG_6802_zpsms359tzs.jpg

A table for 2 between decks .

IMG_6806_zpsul0n0frd.jpg

We didn't see much blue water on the cruise , but this looked like the Caribbean .

IMG_6809_zpsh1ezlnlo.jpg

I love this quirky view of the corner suite's balconies .

IMG_6816_zpsyh2sjyic.jpg

Brilliant sunshine

IMG_6828_zpsn7j2ojb0.jpg

We left Lisbon at 8 PM and it was time to advance the clock again . Sunday morning was absolutely beautiful . Cool , clear and sunny , like a South Florida cold front . .

A great day to be alive , and shoot some photos . We headed up top and aft .

A table for 2 between decks .

IMG_6806_zpsul0n0frd.jpg

We didn't see much blue water on the cruise , but this looked like the Caribbean .

QUOTE]

That table is Prime Real Estate!

I guess the trick to get it is to get up at sunrise! ;)

I wonder when the discovery channel is going to debut "Chair Hog Week". Very few human animals get up as early as the chair hog whilst on vacation. 😈

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I wonder when the discovery channel is going to debut "Chair Hog Week". Very few human animals get up as early as the chair hog whilst on vacation. 😈

Denise

Apart from the tender ticket queuer.:p

Denise

I think perhaps "Chair Hog Week" could combine very nicely with "Shark Week". :D

I'm glad to hear your trip went well. I was just over on your other thread requesting a dive report. :cool:

Your aft view pictures are beautiful. I am not sure when I'm going manage to schedule it yet, but I don't think I can wait until our Oasis cruise in Nov 2016 to see that view again for myself!

Your aft view pictures are beautiful. I am not sure when I'm going manage to schedule it yet, but I don't think I can wait until our Oasis cruise in Nov 2016 to see that view again for myself!

Be careful Nancy, I don't know if Pat would like you admiring his Aft Pictures.;)

Yeah perfect match I was thinking that too. The next splash off in the distance could be when Chair Hogs meet Sharks. Watch out for the towels and books sharks.

Denise

Yeah perfect match I was thinking that too. The next splash off in the distance could be when Chair Hogs meet Sharks. Watch out for the towels and books sharks.

Denise

The Sharks vs The Hogs . It sounds like an updated , ocean - going version of West Side Story . :) :D

Denise

Apart from the tender ticket queuer.:p

Don't forget photo - hogs ! :) :D

Moving forward to the Solstice deck

IMG_6822_zpsqodghwd1.jpg

Plenty of room

IMG_6848_zpskwyxugea.jpg

A chair hog - busted !

IMG_6844_zpsawuykt1h.jpg

Love this view of the ship

IMG_6864_zpspnoizpym.jpg

Looking down , you can see the indoor pool

IMG_6852_zpsrzrwtqlu.jpg

If you look carefully between the solar reflectors , you can see people on the lounge chairs below .

IMG_6839_zpspksfc2yu.jpg

That would make great television....chair hog week. I think the worst line is actually Disney. At least that I have been on. Some of those people think it's ok to get up at 6 and put stuff on chairs then go work out, have breakfast and come back at 10 or 11. Luckily some Cast Members don't allow it and take the stuff if they see it sitting there too long.

That would make great television....chair hog week. I think the worst line is actually Disney. At least that I have been on. Some of those people think it's ok to get up at 6 and put stuff on chairs then go work out, have breakfast and come back at 10 or 11. Luckily some Cast Members don't allow it and take the stuff if they see it sitting there too long.

Policies are only as good as the enforcement of them.

Be careful Nancy, I don't know if Pat would like you admiring his Aft Pictures.;)

LOL, Mic, you know perfectly well I wasn't referring to pictures of Joe's aft! :eek:

Now, you just stop trying to get me in trouble! I can do that well enough all by myself! :D

LOL, Mic, you know perfectly well I wasn't referring to pictures of Joe's aft! :eek:

Now, you just stop trying to get me in trouble! I can do that well enough all by myself! :D

Lol, I am sure you can and do.:p

After our visit to the Solstice Deck , we wanted to get as close to the ocean as we could , so down we went , to the entertainment deck ( deck 5 ) .

IMG_6884_zps7ubkoxld.jpg

It's where the lifeboats are , and it's called the Promenade Deck on the CB .

IMG_6895_zpszwg0myeq.jpg

I do prefer the CB's version as you can circumnavigate the ship at this level . There is no public access across the rear of the Eclipse , however we had a nice view of a couple of ships , and the coast of Spain .

IMG_6896_zpslxawtd4r.jpg

And you could feel the spray !

IMG_6883_zpshml7dofo.jpg

On the opposite side , nice and sunny .

IMG_6875_zpshirua3hm.jpg

We weren't far from Vigo , which was one of our Spanish ports on our Connie TA .

DSC02924_zpsryf6zpud.jpg

It was such a nice day that we wanted to revisit our Ultimate Balcony Lunch experience that we had experienced on Princess , after an errand . While en route to the Apple iLOUNGE , we were struck by the color gradation in the atrium . Yellow to purple and purple to blue / green .

IMG_6897_zps7tj0ueu2.jpg

Now here's a place where Appleholics can get their fix - the iLOUNGE .

IMG_6900_zps34uzl2en.jpg

We love our itouch and use the app that we purchased from Apple to make phone calls around the world using wifi . We used it on the Connie back in 2009 in the middle of the ocean and have used it successfully ever since , without fail . However a , message on it informed us that our call would not go through ( was it being blocked ? ) . The Apple tech confirmed our thoughts - we don't support VoIP applications was his answer . In other words - it won't work on the Eclipse . :p

A funny thing - it works perfectly in Russia !

Our room service order was promptly delivered as requested . An amazing view , my favorite company and one of our favorite wines .

IMG_6934_zps3tvkjipv.jpg

The soup , pasta and burger were O.K. nothing special , but O.K .

IMG_6937_zpsynlyszf4.jpg

But we really prefer the choice and quality on Princess better for room service . ;)

Tonight's dinner would be in the Tuscan Grille , would it be better than Sabatini's ?

Edited by scubacruiserx2