Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

Us either ! Even just doing a walk around , like in our first visit to Lisbon . But until we did our tour together in Lisbon - we didn't realize how much we had missed ! Thanks Gracie for setting it up :) :D

I LOVED the whole Lisbon/Sintra/Cascais area...wish we had had more time in each place. It is such a pretty part of the world. The huge fields of flowers kept reminding me of that scene in Wizard of Oz with the "poppies....beautiful poppies" I think I could spend a week just wandering around that part of Portugal.....:)

AND

your pictures are just wonderful.....feel like I'm back on Eclipse enjoying it all over again......will need to book more cruises with you guys on board.......your photo essays are just great!!!

Edited by Gracie115

I LOVED the whole Lisbon/Sintra/Cascais area...wish we had had more time in each place. It is such a pretty part of the world. The huge fields of flowers kept reminding me of that scene in Wizard of Oz with the "poppies....beautiful poppies" I think I could spend a week just wandering around that part of Portugal.....:)

Me too ! I'm sure glad that it's our next stop on our cruise ! :)

Maybe if they made larger forks , we could do fewer lifts .

Yeah , it was a new one on me . Reminds me of a coworker's bar trick . He would secretly put an Alka Seltzer in his mouth then take a large swig of beer . He would hold it as long as he could until foam exploded from his mouth . :eek:

LOL, smaller forks or none at all may be better for us though.:D

Great bar trick but sounds like it would get messy.:eek:

The photos are magnificent. Glad the weather cleared up somewhat.

Thanks Mic , it gave everybody a chance to see what it really looks like . As we headed back south , to return to the port , we hit the rain again in the mountains . In fairness to Carlo and the Azores , we would like to finish this section with some pictures that we took there in 2009 , on the Constellation .

The narrow streets

Transatlantic200920Joe20091-001_zpsy2p2iass.jpg

Ribeira Grande

Transatlantic09Joe085.jpg

Transatlantic09Joe086.jpg

A church and a park

Transatlantic200920234-001_zpsfmazm4b5.jpg

A traffic jam in the mountains

Transatlantic09Joe099.jpg

The North coast

Transatlantic200920163-001_zps9nkmrcy0.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Thanks Mic , it gave everybody a chance to see what it really looks like . As we headed back south , to return to the port , we hit the rain again in the mountains . In fairness to Carlo and the Azores , we would like to finish this section with some pictures that we took there in 2009 , on the Constellation .

The narrow streets

Ribeira Grande

A church and a park

A traffic jam in the mountains

Transatlantic09Joe099.jpg

The North coast

Lovely. The traffic jam looks like Udder Chaos, at least they didn't have their horns on.:p

Edited by MicCanberra

Where I come from they would have been blowing their horns if they had any. ☺ Just had some of that tea the other night. Delicious!

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Where I come from they would have been blowing their horns if they had any. ☺ Just had some of that tea the other night. Delicious!

Denise

Lovely , I though that my wife was going to buy some while I was out taking pictures . Perhaps she spent the money shopping for liqueur .

Pictures are wonderful, as usual. I, too, thought the Azores would seem more tropical. :confused:

Thanks Nancy . I think that they are considered sub tropical . I know that they grow bananas , oranges and in green houses - pineapples . :) :D

After dinner we wanted to try something different . Neither one of us have ever tried a Martini , so off we went .

DSC03049_zpsnat9wfdr.jpg

DSC03048_zpszr79cols.jpg

Not sure of what to try , we settled on the Martini Flight

DSC02802-002_zps7qsmlpmd.jpg

It was fun to watch the bartenders in action

DSC03043_zpsx0r17hfl.jpg

But it's best seen on video :

Our mini 6 pack arrives

DSC02801_zpswjr8cujz.jpg

These little guys were tasty and packed a wallop . The best bang for the buck on the ship . One bartender was good - really good . We weren't sure what he was doing in this clip:

But we found out later when he poured 12 Martini's simultaneously !!

Edited by scubacruiserx2

He was good and you got all the garnishes and the mat underneath to keep them from sticking to the icebar. I didn't get those when I tried the flight. I liked the raspberry lemonade one the best and the bartender did give me a free full sized one of those afterwards. HIC 🍸

Denise

I love seeing the martini shows. I once worked my way through the entire martini list over the duration of the cruise. I do not recommend for several reasons. One there are more Martinis that I don't like than ones that I do, and two, after 3 or 4 a night, you cannot remember which ones they are the next day.

Loved seeing the Solstice in the background (2009 pic).:D

I love seeing the martini shows. I once worked my way through the entire martini list over the duration of the cruise. I do not recommend for several reasons. One there are more Martinis that I don't like than ones that I do, and two, after 3 or 4 a night, you cannot remember which ones they are the next day.

Loved seeing the Solstice in the background (2009 pic).:D

So it's kinda like Groundhog Day. 😆

Denise

Yes and no, I can remember which ones I had but not the ones I liked.:o

It sounds that like me , that you need memory pills . But the problem is , I keep forgetting where I put them . And then when DW does find them , I forget to take them ! :confused:

After leaving the Azores we had another day at sea - our 7th . And it was starting to get monotonous . Another day at sea , overcast and rainy , rough seas , another clock change tonight , same cabin , more sleep and another meal . It was beginning to feel like Groundhog Day ! And then it happened ! Waking up after an afternoon nap and parting the curtains we were blinded by the light ( revved up like a deuce , another runner in the night - Manfred Mann's Earth Band ) . The skies had cleared and the sun had returned ( Here comes the sun ? ) . I felt like singing ! But everybody who has heard me sing , only has 1 request - STOP ( in the name of love ? ) !! So we settled for drying things .

IMG_6028_zpsawynffml.jpg

DW wanted to get some sun and I wanted to take the camera for a walk so we had a deal ( after tea and scones , of course ) .

DSC02861_zpsat9xhpkk.jpg

And she wasn't the only one who wanted some sun ! See video clip :

It was sunny but breezy and cool as these folks will attest .

DSC02850_zpspmjan6i4.jpg

DSC02851_zpshqu6jykz.jpg

And I was in a reflective mood as these photos will attest .

DSC02880_zpsld15jtvl.jpg

DSC02853_zpso3wffwq6.jpg

The sea was calm and beautiful !!!

Edited by scubacruiserx2