Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

I must say the X food presentation is stellar. I have no problems with the Princess cuisine (I am a plate-licker) but am definitely hoping the X food tastes as good as it looks.Perfectly focused photos of food cannot be beat!

Cheers!

Norris

Trust me, it does. and Joe has an eye for highlighting the deliciousness of the food.:D

Trust me, it does. and Joe has an eye for highlighting the deliciousness of the food.:D

Too bad that we don't have smellavision !

I'm totally enjoying the food pics! :D

Thanks everybody , we hope that you're still hungry because there's still a lot of food to come . :) :D

Finally had a chance to catch back up.

The photos are stunning as always. The food looks fabulous. I just love how clean and modern this ship looks.

I hate when ships don't have do it yourself laundry. I don't like people washing my clothes. I worry someone will shrink or mess something up. NCL doesn't have onboard laundry either. I love to do a load midweek but won't be able to for our upcoming cruise, which means I have to pack more.

I have resisted the urge to quote the photos from the buffet section.

The buffet presentation is the best I have seen to date and I'm not even talking about the food but rather the spaciousness of the room and the eye-candy touches of the produce-filled vignettes at the stations.

Then you tell me there is Indian food?!!!

Having lived in London for 13 years I almost overdosed on Indian food, eating it a minimum of 3 nights a week. In Chicago I am down to 3 times a month.

Also- German specialities?!! I have been to Germany so many times that my middle name is Schnitzel.

I hadn't planned on visiting Quisine next January on the Silhouette (was planning Tuscan Grill and Murano and get to dine in Luminae for free each night) but those lollipops look very inviting. I foresee tremendous weight gain...

I must say the X food presentation is stellar. I have no problems with the Princess cuisine (I am a plate-licker) but am definitely hoping the X food tastes as good as it looks.

Perfectly focused photos of food cannot be beat!

Cheers!

Norris

Thanks Norris for your astute observations and colorful details ! There is a lot to love with Celebrity and the S class . While we haven't sailed the Regal or Royal yet , but it looks like many similarities ! :cool:

Finally had a chance to catch back up.

The photos are stunning as always. The food looks fabulous. I just love how clean and modern this ship looks.

I hate when ships don't have do it yourself laundry. I don't like people washing my clothes. I worry someone will shrink or mess something up. NCL doesn't have onboard laundry either. I love to do a load midweek but won't be able to for our upcoming cruise, which means I have to pack more.

Welcome back Jen . We're with you , we're confirmed DIY's including laundry and shore tours . While many people enjoy sending theirs off , we like the freedom to choose , if we wish , to DIY . :) :D

It's time for some serious eating now

DSC02637_zpsvpnf26xk.jpg

The soft brioche roll was perfect for sopping the lobster gravy . I really wished that they offered these instead of the hard rolls served in the MDR with the snail escargot .

DSC02647_zpstwqyt60u.jpg

Now this is want I'm talking about !

DSC02631_zpsy4ijm1gj.jpg

An estagere of Mediterranean delicacies

DSC02654_zpsno1xign5.jpg

And this is where you separate the contenders from the pretenders - on the table .

DSC02656-001_zpsq4arupyd.jpg

DSC03008_zpsu06ez3s7.jpg

Stomachs ! Let's get ready to rumble !!!

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Our lamb chops were outstanding!

I remember how uncomfortable we were after eating all this!

This was our favorite course making it a belly buster . Difficult to stop eating , because it tasted so good ! But we felt , as Americans , we had an image to maintain , and so we played through the pain . ;)

DSC02634_zps5bwrjjac.jpg

DIY guacamole

DSC02657_zpsghjyizjs.jpg

Donde es mi Margarita ?

DSC02662_zpszh6hr9v1.jpg

A Qsine's cube . I never could solve these things !

DSC02666_zpskrnafyld.jpg

When this sweet table next to us opened up , I wanted to pounce on it . But an inaudible leash said " don't you dare ! " .

DSC02663_zpsopq3zo18.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Before our primary dessert arrived , we were presented with a secondary desert - a truffle filled forest .

DSC02668_zpsokces7jk.jpg

I quickly rooted out my prize - at the main dessert's arrival . A frozen Fabrege egg .

DSC02672_zpsdehxenor.jpg

Revealing it's surprise treasure

DSC02675_zpsytkomo8o.jpg

A perfect ending to a perfect meal . Oh well , we could always walk it off tomorrow in the Azores !! :) :D

BTW Joe, We would were thinking of doing the Chef's table on our upcoming Caribbean Princess cruise,. I was wondering if you and your lovely wife were thinking of doing another one and if so would you care to care to join us. I am not sure of when it will be but I will endeavour to find out once aboard.:D

BTW Joe, We would were thinking of doing the Chef's table on our upcoming Caribbean Princess cruise,. I was wondering if you and your lovely wife were thinking of doing another one and if so would you care to care to join us. I am not sure of when it will be but I will endeavour to find out once aboard.:D

Yeah great , sounds like fun ! I think we used the DINE line on the phone when we first got on board or the Maitre d ( It was Angelo when we were last on ) . Because you're on the B2B early you have an inside track , would you mind setting it up for us ? Thanks for the invite , we're looking forward to it ! :) :D

Wow! The food presentation in Qsine is incredible! I would go there just for the experience!

I am anxious to see the Azores. :D

We went back to Qsine a second time when they had a 30% off night just before our cruise ended . There was a lot of other food choices which we had wanted to try . :) :D

Yeah great , sounds like fun ! I think we used the DINE line on the phone when we first got on board or the Maitre d ( It was Angelo when we were last on ) . Because you're on the B2B early you have an inside track , would you mind setting it up for us ? Thanks for the invite , we're looking forward to it ! :) :D

Me too!

cheers

Rosie

No worries. Will grab your details and try and get invites organised for when you board.:D

After dining in Qsine we found our copy of Celebrity Today on our bed . It contained the following information:

DSC02682_zpsbgtihwrj.jpg

In the morning it was cooler than it had been and rainy as we approached the island of Ponta Delgado .

DSC02687_zpsbcpoxg7x.jpg

We were greeted by the Pilot boat as it appeared from the light fog , as seen in this clip:

It passed very close to us

IMG_6007_zpsnsgmfasa.jpg

It was a raincoat and umbrella day

IMG_6014_zpsefbaeamy.jpg

We would like to thank Pemcorgimum , who we met on CC , for arranging our small group tour with Amazing Tours . Our excellent guide was Carlo .

L1110753_zpsfew7peex.jpg

We would be leaving from the Port city of Sao Miguel in the South . Pat and I had visited here in 2006 and had traveled to the East , so we had hoped to go to the West and see Lagoa Azul , where many of the ship's excursions were headed . But Carlo is a native and a experienced guide so we trusted him to determine the best route and what to see . It was a great choice - we would be heading East and North .

Sao_Miguel_Karte_zpsqzpnpfaj.jpg