Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

908ea350-b83e-4ce9-ba17-69ef671e81b4_zpsidbhzcj0.jpg

It was time for the main course and the majority of the dinners choose steak . It was flambeed table side by Chef Paul as this video clip shows :

Expertly prepared as you like it

DSC02499_zpsvftsjtic.jpg

And , of course we choose different desserts ! Her's - Tuscan panna cotta

DSC02504_zpsyjh6xedu.jpg

And His - Floating island

DSC02503_zpszakt0n0u.jpg

And , but of course , we shared ! The Ice wine from Niagara Falls making an interesting pairing .

And finally , our dining companions . The meal had ended - but the friendships had just begun .

f745ad76-797b-4fb5-9a7c-499992b2e74c_zpsjzkehy1i.jpg

P.S.

About a week later , we received a present from Chef Paul . An over sized , beautiful book ( junkie old tape measure not included ) !

DSC03016_zpsde8ouxpr.jpg

If I may, can I ask how much the Chefs table costs?

Yes , it was $ 130 p.p. . A similar dinner Five Senses costs $ 89 at Murando including the wine pairing . Our first dinner at Murando was about $ 35 as part of a 3 dinner dining package . We bought a bottle of wine and made it last for 2 dinners .

And how you book it (please)?

We had dinner at Murand on the second night ( it was empty ) and they asked us if we would like to book the Chef's Table .

How do you schedule the chef's table? Does it have to be a group or can 2 people do it?

I suspect that you could just walk into the restaurant ( or phone ) and asked to be placed on the list . No ,It was all individual couples who booked it .

:) :D

The difference between the 'Five senses' and the 'Chef's Table' apart from cost are the extras that the Chef's table provide;

The pre-dinner drink of champagne and a introduction to everyone (staff included) the galley tour during full dinner operations, the cook book, flowers, the better wines (with the pairings) and as much as you like and generally an officer or two as well as the other participants.

I've been enjoying this thread so very much, including all the photos of food. But I'm starting to wonder - is there going to be anything at all for a vegetarian to eat?

Yes, there is lots of fruit on the rims of the cocktails.:p

If anybody would like to compare another cruise line's Chef's Table , here's a link to our review of the Caribbean Princess version of the Chef's Table :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2094420&page=13

well.....after seeing those pictures ...I think we will be booking the Chef's Table on our Princess cruise this fall too.........:)

I've been enjoying this thread so very much, including all the photos of food. But I'm starting to wonder - is there going to be anything at all for a vegetarian to eat?

If you're asking about the Chef's Table or the Specialty Restaurants the answer (from our experience ) is no.

I'm a vegetarian and my husband is a vegan.

There is a wonderful vegetarian menu in the MDR and in Blu.

You have to ask for it but it's there!

If anybody would like to compare another cruise line's Chef's Table , here's a link to our review of the Caribbean Princess version of the Chef's Table :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2094420&page=13

I just looked at your pictures.

When was your cruise on the Caribbean Princess?

Chef Joel was our Chef on the old Royal Princess and made us some unbelievably delicious and beautifully presented vegetarian meals.

Several were works of art!

We'd LOVE to find him again!!!!

The Fabrege eggs are beautiful!

Looks like the Chef's table was a wonderful experience.

I'm enjoying the journey! :D

The eggs which were on board were from Theodore Fabrege , grandson of the jeweler to the Czars , Peter Carl Fabrege . The eggs are are limited editions , unlike the one of a kind , multi jeweled encrusted , originals , which we would see later in Russia .

DSC03668_zps3xjjqcha.jpg

We enjoyed the Chef's Table as destination , between ports , with so many days at sea . And we're glad that you can hitch a ride with us vicariously !

well.....after seeing those pictures ...I think we will be booking the Chef's Table on our Princess cruise this fall too.........:)

We enjoyed both of them , with each having their own strengths . And both cruise lines do exceptional jobs with their respective "table" . :) :D

I just looked at your pictures.

When was your cruise on the Caribbean Princess?

Chef Joel was our Chef on the old Royal Princess and made us some unbelievably delicious and beautifully presented vegetarian meals.

Several were works of art!

We'd LOVE to find him again!!!!

October 1 last year . Hopefully , he'll be on our next cruise , a TA on the CB in September .

As I pulled up a menu from the MDR , I noticed that there were a number of vegetarian selections indicated with a leaf icon as well as the extensive buffet every meal .

DSC02185_zps4watcwfz.jpg

They usually have 1 vegetarian option on the mdr menu. Vegan is even more limited. Better options at the buffet.

The buffet is good but is the same every day.

There is a wonderful vegetarian menu with several choices that changes every day.

For true vegan sometimes you have to order the day before with the Maitre D'. I'm not sure of the procedure in the MDR.

We always sail in Aqua and so eat in Blu, partially because of the vegan thing.

scubacruiser - sorry for the off-topic!

I know you meant it as a joke and it was a good one. But I was serious and fruit on the rim of a cocktail glass just wouldn't cut it for me.

Sorry, the buffet often have many vegetarian options as well as the MDR, and you can even order something from the menu (minus the meat) and an extra load of vegies in it's stead.:D