Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

I've read that both the MDR and Blu have a separate vegetarian menu. Can't wait to check them out! I do eat eggs and dairy.

What about fish, some vegetarians I have met only really avoid meat from land animals. There is always fish options on the menus.:D

After the festivities of the previous evening , we were rocked to sleep by an increasing sea . With our late bedtime and the overcast weather , it made for ideal sleeping conditions and we slumbered until 9 AM - our only day of sleeping in . We had began to develop a routine with breakfast in the MDR followed by a trip to the Persian Gardens .We liked lounging on the heated recliners followed by a cool shower , steam room and then an aroma therapy sitting . We really enjoyed watching the sea go by in the large , usually empty room . That was usually followed by a shower in the cabin . Here's a video of how the sea looked from our balcony :

After this , a trip to the gastropub , where we were rejected from the hitherto , non existent pub grub lunch that was advertised in the Celebrity Today every day .Today we tried the buffet for lunch and I discovered the Indian selection . And I , being a fan of spicy food - found it delicious . It was another formal night tonight , and so we took a nap after lunch , planning on maybe going to the show after dinner . The show was Eclipse and was billed as "A European style theatrical Circus " . After a restful nap , followed by our daily afternoon tea and scone session , we made a command decision . No dress up night and photo session tonight . We found a movie on the television that caught our interest . It was about a young Jack Ryan going to Moscow to prevent Russia from devaluing the U S Dollar . We didn't get to see the end , but ran off in our smart casual attire to a deserted buffet . We loved it ! And after a quick bite to eat , headed down to find our seats for the early performance of Eclipse . The show was kind of a topsy turvy version of Cirque du Soliel .

IMG_5763_zps69vmqpbs.jpg

It was pitched a little by the Cruise Director I guess to heighten the drama about the danger of being on a rolling ship .

IMG_5929_zpssphwt3jm.jpg

So on with the show ! And after all , it was dress up night !

IMG_5741_zpser1mlyuy.jpg

I'm not sure how this singer got his blade past security .

IMG_5791_zpsxhr4n2pq.jpg

There were some amazing feats of strength and balance .

IMG_5783_zps0etcvbyv.jpg

IMG_5786_zpsurfgmkac.jpg

HA! We didn't feel like dressing up either for the 2nd formal night.....wound up grabbing something quick in Blu after watching the SAME Jack Ryan movie!!

Did you see the end of the movie ? We didn't and couldn't find it later on the cruise .

Did you see the end of the movie ? We didn't and couldn't find it later on the cruise .

yes we did...the Russian guy died.....like most Jack Ryan books/movies...the good guys won....after it twisted and turned a multitude of ways.....

Your video of the ship's wake made me feel so nostalgic. Ihave such a long wait for our next cruise, and we just have too much else that has to be taken care of before I can even think about booking another cruise to fill the void.

The show pictures are amazing! It looks like a show we would both enjoy.

There was another aerialist who was also a contortionist

IMG_5891_zpsxktvknud.jpg

I must admit that I was intrigued by her beauty , grace and ahem , special talent .

IMG_5914_zps055st5vi.jpg

IMG_5749_zps7kh5ifkm.jpg

And then - Ouch !

IMG_5907-001_zpsqfmonvwy.jpg

Finale time

IMG_5917_zpswav5hct1.jpg

IMG_5919_zpsjf55mwcc.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

After the show had ended , we were surprised to see how sunny it was and so we headed upstairs . Along the way we noticed the empty solarium and decided to take a plunge in the hot tub there . Returning to our room to change we were greeted with this view from our balcony .

IMG_5990_zpsdaezij1t.jpg

So went upstairs aft , for the sunset

IMG_5939_zpsoolg0gsq.jpg

IMG_5949_zpsrnlf1ews.jpg

IMG_5950_zpsi1gmnnqc.jpg

IMG_5948_zps17dcaojm.jpg

And the video clip :

It was strange how quickly some clouds moved in and totally covered the sun just before it dipped below the horizon . :confused:

Getting back to the chef's table. It looks scrumptious but my only problem is the little word "or" on that menu. I love the looks of both apps and both the soup AND the salad. Also, the fish and the steak looks like a perfect surf and turf. I really am not a glutton but I am a mandible chomping foodie...

I can live with either dessert.

My wife would probably order opposites for each course and may share a 10% mini-bite but a full 50/50 split will probably be pushing it.

NCL's chef table has more courses and similar wine pairings. We've done 3 of them. This is our first X cruise, coming up soon. We may have to opt for the 5 Senses instead.

Thank you for sharing!

I find Contortionists very intriguing, It is fascinating to watch but has you sort of looking away as you think of the pain of doing something like that yourself.:eek:

All coiled up in the scaly outfit she looked kinda serpentine . I half expected to see a Gene Simmons tongue come darting out . :eek:

WOW!-those shows look really elaborate. Beautifully photographed! Kudos and thanks.

I will make sure to attend all the big theater shows in January. I hear though that there isn't much lounge entertainment in the evenings but of course will roll with the punches and get more of that warm Caribbean night air as a result.

Thanks again for all the effort you are putting into this.

Norris

WOW!-those shows look really elaborate. Beautifully photographed! Kudos and thanks.

I will make sure to attend all the big theater shows in January. I hear though that there isn't much lounge entertainment in the evenings but of course will roll with the punches and get more of that warm Caribbean night air as a result.

Thanks again for all the effort you are putting into this.

Norris

Thanks Norris , appreciate the complement from a great writer and photographer ! It's a challenge to photograph the large shows with the lighting and constant movement . We didn't do to many of the smaller lounge venues but Perry Grant in Micheal's Club seems to have a legion of fans . Although I've read that he is moving to Princess . Perhaps Mic or some of the other more experienced Celebrity cruisers can field the question about lounge entertainment . :) :D