Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

Beautiful eggs.

When you say brunch, are you referring to the Grand Buffet? They had that on the Silly, but thought those were discontinued.

Love, love, love the Beatles. Many of their songs were favorites when we were dating many moons ago.

Did they only ofer the iPhone/iPad class once during the cruise?

It said A la carte brunch . They did offer other classes , but this one was for photography with idevices .

Not top dogs....lol. When I saw 1130 was available, I changed cabins and a few weeks ago, I noticed 1140 was open, so I changed it again. Got a great deal on Aqua class. It would have to be a killer deal for us to book a suite.

Wish I'd known the deck plan better when I booked the Canada/NE cruise. :(

We went to the à la carte brunch. Not surprised they didn't repeat it as service was a little disastrous to say the least as far more people turned up than they expected according to one of the head waiters. They had to reroute wait staff from the Oceanview and from rest periods to help serve.

I don't remember what I ate but a lady at our table had the tiniest piece of quiche and nothing else on the plate. We didn't stay for dessert as we would have probably been there all afternoon.

We went to the à la carte brunch. Not surprised they didn't repeat it as service was a little disastrous to say the least as far more people turned up than they expected according to one of the head waiters. They had to reroute wait staff from the Oceanview and from rest periods to help serve.

I don't remember what I ate but a lady at our table had the tiniest piece of quiche and nothing else on the plate. We didn't stay for dessert as we would have probably been there all afternoon.

Oh my Laura , we're sorry . Thank you for sharing that with us as this is the first that we've heard about that .

Beautiful eggs.

It seems like we found the best eggs on the ship ! :) :D

The eggs were the star of this show

IMG_5702_zpsgi6zosge.jpg

IMG_5690_zpscwc116q1.jpg

And like a good model doing her job , Catalina draws our attention to the subject with her eyes .

IMG_5717_zpsaww5xvtt.jpg

And like the imperial eggs that they are patterned after , they feature a surprise inside .

DSC02478-001_zpshl4tw6dl.jpg

DSC02477_zpsswmgxixe.jpg

Thanks . Sunsets were taken from our cabin , The Oceanview Bar and appropriately enough , The Sunset Bar !! There are 2 things that we wished that we had done , while we were there , that you may want to consider . Go swimming at the beach and take the ferry from the Dockyard to St. George's . It wasn't running when we were there but it should be now . There's a nice snorkel beach there where we had hoped to spend our first afternoon . Oh well maybe next time :) Enjoy your trip and let us know how it goes . OK ? ;)

Tobacco Bay?

For a bay and easy access, it is not bad. The best snorkeling is actually out on the reefs, which only a few private tours visit. Most tours visit a ship or two that are near the coast.

Good to know. Maybe we'll just skip it and eat in Blu for breakfast. I'd rather go to the iPhone/iPad and learn more about pictures.

We wanted to go back for a second look at the Fabrege in the afternoon . Catalina was there and most of the eggs had been put back in their cases . They also had other jewelry like cuff links .

IMG_5706_zps9d0tau4i.jpg

IMG_5707_zps8cebi5mn.jpg

She also showed us a book that had other merchandise available from their store in London . Here's a couple of photos taken from the book .

DSC02517_zpsidxyhnv2.jpg

DSC02520_zpsj8lfz4uu.jpg

As I said before , I don't know much about jewelry . But what I do know is :

1. It costs lots of money

2. It makes people smile - people when they receive it and salespeople , when they sell it .

Pat liked these earrings and with the Chef's Table that evening and Mother's Day coming up - should I or shouldn't I ?

DSC02476_zpsv7l9kgm3.jpg

You should have lots of time to explore and find your photographic sweet spot for sunrise /sunsets. You will probably have some fine weather , but we still got some nice photos - from under the umbrella . Our favorite area on a sister ship was cabin 7199 . DW found it for a $200 upsell in 2011 on the Connie . We spent a lot of time relaxing on the amazing 250 ' balcony , in calm seas near Bermuda .

Transatlantic200920Joe20028-001_zpslnviggo8.jpg

We will be in that room next year, good to see the balcony in advance.:D

We wanted to go back for a second look at the Fabrege in the afternoon . Catalina was there and most of the eggs had been put back in their cases . They also had other jewelry like cuff links .

She also showed us a book that had other merchandise available from their store in London . Here's a couple of photos taken from the book .

As I said before , I don't know much about jewelry . But what I do know is :

1. It costs lots of money

2. It makes people smile - people when they receive it and salespeople , when they sell it .

Pat liked these earrings and with the Chef's Table that evening and Mother's Day coming up - should I or shouldn't I ?

DSC02476_zpsv7l9kgm3.jpg

I think you should, otherwise you should never have gone into the shop.;)

I can't remember what I had either, a burger I think. I do remember our tablemate's little quiche slice though. I hope it wasn't such a disaster all the time.

Those Eggs were beautiful though. Most of the things we wanted to do or were invited to seemed to conflict with trivia.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You should have lots of time to explore and find your photographic sweet spot for sunrise /sunsets. You will probably have some fine weather , but we still got some nice photos - from under the umbrella . Our favorite area on a sister ship was cabin 7199 . DW found it for a $200 upsell in 2011 on the Connie . We spent a lot of time relaxing on the amazing 250 ' balcony , in calm seas near Bermuda .

Transatlantic200920Joe20028-001_zpslnviggo8.jpg

This is not a balcony that you will find on the Solstice class ships, Constellation is a Millennium class ship!

Go here to post 9:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1962177

The first photo is a 1A balcony on Eclipse ( Solstice class ) the remaining pictures are on a FV on Infinity ( Millenium class)

Edited by upwarduk

I think you should, otherwise you should never have gone into the shop.;)

OK Mic , after I show Rosie these pendants . :p

DSC03821_zpscsfukfqx.jpg

The eggs are very nice and I wouldn't mind the $33 million one, although I would never buy one. My wife can't wear it so it would just be a dust collector.

After returning to the Atlantic Ocean we could feel a difference as the seas picked up . But the ship a very good design that handled the following sea well . With the new copy of Celebrity Today , we saw that we had to advance our clocks another hour . There were a number of things that we wanted to do but a scheduling conflict meant that we would have to pick and choose .

DSC02453_zpsay2nd1pc.jpg

DSC02455_zpsknvnnz34.jpg

4c7c888a-fb58-4347-b018-6b714545de22_zpsx6xfrh5i.jpg

DSC02454_zpsliehni1d.jpg

;)

Interesting. Has the Brunch always been available for TA's? It was discontinued last winter on the Equinox Caribbean cruises. Or is it coming back?

Melissa

We met with 4 other like minded couples in Cellar Masters , at the appointed time , for a glass of Champagne and introductions . We were soon met by the staff and hustled off , through the MDR and into the galley on a barnstorming tour . Executive Chef Paul Carroll conducted the tour and answered questions .

DSC02480_zpszj1c6tmf.jpg

Part of the galley

DSC02481_zpszw4mddcu.jpg

It's very hot , bright , busy and loud as you can see in this video clip :

Here's the wall of food - Menus for every meal of the cruise .

DSC02484_zpsykuuavni.jpg

They have a separate kitchen for Murando . These are the guys who would be preparing our dinner tonight .

DSC02486_zpspjdupww5.jpg

And finally , the dinner menu with wine pairing included . ;)

cbd51471-6aa8-49cf-9761-97ace7794879_zpsemiibfo4.jpg

I just so love the chef's table, the foods and the wine pairings are so fabulous. It really makes it a special night.:D

Us too , on a night at sea followed by a day at sea , we stayed up later than usual . By the time the post dinner conversations ended , it was almost 5 hours !

We will DEFINITELY be doing the Chef's Table on our next Celebrity cruise.....the lobster escargot looks yummy!!!:D

We really did enjoy the dinner , wine , service and the new folks that we met - and we think that you will too . The lobster escargot was yummy , but IMHO the best was yet to come ! :) :D