Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

It sounds that like me , that you need memory pills . But the problem is , I keep forgetting where I put them . And then when DW does find them , I forget to take them ! :confused:

LOL. Less grog would solve my case.:D

scubacruiserx2,

I noticed how little shade you have on your balcony. Too your knowledge are there any of the aft balconies that have a larger overhang to get some shade?

There would have been more shade on the other side of the ship's balconies going by the shadows.

Edited by MicCanberra

scubacruiserx2,

I noticed how little shade you have on your balcony. Too your knowledge are there any of the aft balconies that have a larger overhang to get some shade?

I don't know . This was the only day with bright sunlight . With the angle of the sun and it's reflection , at the time that this was shot , an overhang would not helped .

DSC02847_zps4sjf69nr.jpg

We finished our day at sea with clear skies and a nice sunset

IMG_6034_zpsq47x8aya.jpg

And headed down to the MDR

DSC02888_zpslfgvbg5g.jpg

Where we saw our waiter Widani going in ( She was fantastic )

DSC02843_zps8del5ar2.jpg

And had healthy dinner

DSC02887_zpslhrq3sfo.jpg

Tomorrow - Lisbon ! ;)

We had fond memories of our visit to Lisbon in 2009 when we toured on our own and saw the Belem Tower

Transatlantic09Joe187.jpg

and the Monument to the Discoveries

Transatlantic09Joe183.jpg

The views from the Castelo sao Jorge

3a18a4a9-604b-4ec0-bfb0-319ad8383047_zpstfnrxepv.jpg

c1d23f1e-a44d-4dab-91ec-89daf091c0a9_zps7a26bc7c.jpg

And of eating the famous Pasteis de Belem

9abf7e3e-890e-48e7-b71c-30b00b228137_zpsrl80bxmw.jpg

on our balcony of the Constellation .

Transatlantic%2009%20Joe%20194-001_zpswvd5db3z.jpg

Wikipedia article about the Pastel de nata ;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastel_de_nata

And so we were thrilled to visit again . But this time it would be on a small group tour .

After leaving the Azores we had another day at sea - our 7th . And it was starting to get monotonous . Another day at sea , overcast and rainy , rough seas , another clock change tonight , same cabin , more sleep and another meal . It was beginning to feel like Groundhog Day ! And then it happened ! Waking up after an afternoon nap and parting the curtains we were blinded by the light ( revved up like a deuce , another runner in the night - Manfred Mann's Earth Band ) . The skies had cleared and the sun had returned ( Here comes the sun ? ) . I felt like singing ! But everybody who has heard me sing , only has 1 request - STOP ( in the name of love ? ) !! So we settled for drying things .

Love the song references. Funny, people seem to say the same things to me when I start to sing. :eek:

What I really am here to comment on is the 7 sea days. We have yet to have more than 2 in a row. When we first started cruising, I thought 2 sea days in a row would be too much, but I quickly found out that I really like 2 sea days! I'm not sure how either DH or I would handle 7 days. I expect I would either love ot or hate it. I guess we will just have to schedule a longer cruise so we can find out. :D

Love the song references. Funny, people seem to say the same things to me when I start to sing. :eek:

What I really am here to comment on is the 7 sea days. We have yet to have more than 2 in a row. When we first started cruising, I thought 2 sea days in a row would be too much, but I quickly found out that I really like 2 sea days! I'm not sure how either DH or I would handle 7 days. I expect I would either love ot or hate it. I guess we will just have to schedule a longer cruise so we can find out. :D

The most in one go for me has been 7 sea days.

However, we have had 5 sea days, then 3 ports, followed by 5 sea days 2 ports and 2 sea days both have been on Transpacifics. I do enjoy sea days though.

Edited by MicCanberra

We were on this cruise with Joe, it was our 1st TA and we booked it, in part, because of the stop in Bermuda which broke up the consecutive sea days to two prior to Bermuda, then 2 days in Bermuda and then 4 sea days. I was concerned about the 4 in a row.....I was wrong...I loved it and could easily have "endured" a few more....hence we now have reservations for the Reflection TA next April which has 7 sea days in a row and I have no "reservations" about our reservation!!!! :D

We were on this cruise with Joe, it was our 1st TA and we booked it, in part, because of the stop in Bermuda which broke up the consecutive sea days to two prior to Bermuda, then 2 days in Bermuda and then 4 sea days. I was concerned about the 4 in a row.....I was wrong...I loved it and could easily have "endured" a few more....hence we now have reservations for the Reflection TA next April which has 7 sea days in a row and I have no "reservations" about our reservation!!!! :D

I personally love those relaxing sea days. I have done a few " classic" Transatlantics on Cunard with no port stops across the pond.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Great view from your balcony, love the pic of that Memorial to discoveries.:D

Thank Mic, loved that FV view of downtown Lisbon . Like the other pic also with rain clouds on the right and sunny on the left . ;)

The most in one go for me has been 7 sea days.

However, we have had 5 sea days, then 3 ports, followed by 5 sea days 2 ports and 2 sea days both have been on Transpacifics. I do enjoy sea days though.

The most for us had been 5 sea days Vancouver to Hawaii :) :D

Congratulations on your next Celebrity TA :):D Our next TA is with Mic on the CB !! :cool:

What I really am here to comment on is the 7 sea days. We have yet to have more than 2 in a row. When we first started cruising, I thought 2 sea days in a row would be too much, but I quickly found out that I really like 2 sea days! I'm not sure how either DH or I would handle 7 days. I expect I would either love or or hate it. I guess we will just have to schedule a longer cruise so we can find out. :D

Perhaps I should clarify 7 sea days . Celebrity called it sea day # 7 because it was .

DSC02206_zpsrlwqbus8.jpg

But our maximum consecutive sea days were only 4 , from Bermuda to the Azores . :) :D

I personally love those relaxing sea days. I have done a few " classic" Transatlantics on Cunard with no port stops across the pond.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

We haven't done an express TA yet . But I must admit , we love the ratio of equal busy port days and relaxing days at sea . There were several ports that we wanted to revisit and some nice new ports also . So everything considered , a very nice blend . :) :D

I love the photo with round fountain lights, the round satellite towers (at least I think they are) and the round moon.

JoAnn

Thanks JoAnn , it won't be long now and you'll see it first hand . Along with 2 of our favorite cities London and St. Petersburg !

Buckingham Palace

IMG_3876-001_zps5ce245c8.jpg

Tower Bridge

IMG_4113-002_zps844c1860.jpg

The London Eye

IMG_4153-001_zpsdb126a10.jpg

Spilled Blood church

Europe09007-1_zpsd773c32a.jpg

The Hermitage

IMG_9501_zpsvoqnw5sd.jpg

The Grand Cascade at Peterhof

8afa69a1-c736-469d-9966-4fa9b7544b29_zpsqymgnowd.jpg

For more photos , see our thread on St. Petersburg :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1775172

We haven't done an express TA yet . But I must admit , we love the ratio of equal busy port days and relaxing days at sea . There were several ports that we wanted to revisit and some nice new ports also . So everything considered , a very nice blend . :) :D

I agree, while I like sea days, having an itinerary where there are ports between blocks (2-4) of sea days is an excellent way to cruise.:D

Loving the photos of both the ship and London/St Petersburg.

Those seats in the shade cloth towers by the pool get very popular and it is an excellent place to lay down in the evening and watch the stars without being out in the open.

Edited by MicCanberra