Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

Yes, and just to be clear, remember that criminals that were sentenced to deportation as they were often the dissenters (mainly Irish), debtors and petty criminals.

Any serious crimes, like murder, grand theft, rapists, etc, were hanged or beheaded (as was the times).

And yes, Australia owes it's colonisation to America's independence and England's need to deport a troublesome population.

I'm married to one of those dissenters ( Irish mainly ) . Although when we looked at some of the records from her ancestors departure point in Cork , Ireland , we found that she had a little more English lineage than she had thought ! ;)

Great pics on a lovely day.

Thanks Mic , we appreciate the kind words ! Here's a few more snaps from the park on a beautiful day .

The eyes have it .

IMG_1298_zpssvnilqzj.jpg

Feeding the fowl

IMG_3888-001_zpsc5b06ae5.jpg

IMG_1322_zpsybejlenf.jpg

A different viewpoint

IMG_1334-001_zpsykzob8kz.jpg

We're not sure what these are , but we liked them

IMG_1302_zpsw9tougtr.jpg

IMG_1302-001_zpsfmit64zp.jpg

A little bit further we saw a paddock with a member of the Household Calvary Mounted Regiment practicing .

IMG_1337_zpsgtrn8d2y.jpg

It was a great photo op and he was joined by an instructor .

IMG_1343-001_zps6djc6deu.jpg

And with his Sabre drawn . These men are from the squadron of the Blues and Royals and wear blue tunics .

IMG_1348_zpsd95vjhuo.jpg

The other squadron from the Household Calvary Mounted Regiment is the Life Guards , one of which is pictured here at the Whitehall Palace .

dcbc25a6-70ee-41e9-84ae-f4c564004ee7_zpsb6ytpe9m.jpg

This left me a bit confused . Usually the Blues and Royal wear a red plume on their helmet . But the mounted man had a white plume like the one on the Life Guards's helmet . His instructor had to take a phone call .

IMG_1351_zpssjessiar.jpg

London calling ?

The practice grounds are excellent to see them go through the paces without all the crowds. Love that song from the Clash.

As for the plants, they look some sort of Protea and the long stem makes them similar to the Waratah without the flower on top but they don't have all the little things up their stems. In any case, I would be surprised if they grew there.

Enjoying seeing London through your eyes. Easy to forget what we have on our doorstep when we are caught up,in the day to day grind. Still haven't been to Diana's fountain..

Ps. London Calling is my ringtone [emoji3]

Yes, often you need to move away before you get to experience being the tourist in your home city.:D

Enjoying seeing London through your eyes. Easy to forget what we have on our doorstep when we are caught up,in the day to day grind. Still haven't been to Diana's fountain..

Ps. London Calling is my ringtone [emoji3]

Thank you nursedibdob . We only had short in London after Russia and so we just stayed local near Earl's Court . It's so easy when you're working to hurry past everything , but on holiday you can slow down , walk , enjoy and live in real time . :cool:

London Calling was a great song however , I was more of an Ultravox fan during that era . ;)

After our wonderful dinner we returned to our cabin to change clothes . On the balcony we observed calm seas and an absence of the cloud cover revealing the stars and moon - very romantic . In our Celebrity Today we were instructed to move our clocks forward 1 hour . So it seemed like a good idea after our long dinner to turn in early . I had hoped to see a sunrise and take some pictures of the ship early . Grabbing the camera and letting the little lady sleep , I headed out for a cup of good coffee at Cafe Al Bacio .

DSC02203-001_zpsl8p3xlqe.jpg

We had been waiting to try them and compare it to the International Cafe on Princess . Surprise ! They would not open until 7 AM . Point Princess , open 24/7 . Undaunted , I headed back to the Oceanview Cafe . Mixing my coffee normally , I took a swig - Yuck ! More cream and some chocolate made a mocha - a little better . Time for some pictures before sunrise . The Eclipse is filled with eye popping pop art .

IMG_5124_zpso611rql1.jpg

IMG_5125_zpsliellrph.jpg

IMG_5123-001_zpsstgfz2wj.jpg

IMG_5122_zpsao1rply1.jpg

In a suite on Celebrity, is getting good coffee a perk?

The practice grounds are excellent to see them go through the paces without all the crowds. Love that song from the Clash.

As for the plants, they look some sort of Protea and the long stem makes them similar to the Waratah without the flower on top but they don't have all the little things up their stems. In any case, I would be surprised if they grew there.

Great advice Mic ! We hope to take our grandson to London and on a Baltic cruise in June , and we may opt for the changing of the Horse Guards at Whitehall , instead of the more crowded Buckingham Palace .

Yes, often you need to move away before you get to experience being the tourist in your home city.:D

We have a large tourist base here in South Florida , especially in the Winter , and they can sometimes tell us about places around here which we don't even know exist ! :) :D

Thank you nursedibdob . We only had short in London after Russia and so we just stayed local near Earl's Court . It's so easy when you're working to hurry past everything , but on holiday you can slow down , walk , enjoy and live in real time . :cool:

London Calling was a great song however , I was more of an Ultravox fan during that era . ;)

Have you been to Vienna?:D

Have you been to Vienna?:D

We spent 10 days in Munich during Oktoberfest and made a day trip to Neuschwanstein Castle .

IMG_4210.jpg

And we wanted to do an overnight in Vienna or Saltzburg . But since it was a big anniversary of The Sound of Music , one of Pat's favorite's - happy wive , happy life .

IMG_4658.jpg

But after dinner in Saltzburg , I couldn't resist and begin singing , " We walked in the cold air ...."

:) :D

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Yeah , do you think it would work ?

No , our friends in a suite had to pay the same as us at Cafe Al Bacio . :eek:

Thank you for your quick answer. We loved your pictures, can I ask what type of camera you used. My DW is tired of using our IPhone, and would like to get a Camera with telephoto.

Don't buy a camera, buy a Canon.:cool:

BTW, Celebrity nearly always (last couple of years) has the drinks package as a perk, which gets you the coffees and teas at Café Al Baccio.

Thanks Mic , I stand corrected . Maybe one day we can afford the suite life on Celebrity . ;) Until then listen to Mic as has a lot more experience on Celebrity than we do ! After checking with my DW , she reminded me that our friends said that they didn't care for the coffee in the suites only dining room Luminae , and so they went to Cafe al Bacio for coffee .

Thanks Mic , I stand corrected . Maybe one day we can afford the suite life on Celebrity . ;) Until then listen to Mic as has a lot more experience on Celebrity than we do ! After checking with my DW , she reminded me that our friends said that they didn't care for the coffee in the suites only dining room Luminae , and so they went to Cafe al Bacio for coffee .

Sorry, I didn't mean it was for Suite guests, I meant anyone in general when booking X cruises have had access to the '123 Go' or the 'BBB' (big better best ) sales and most people would pick the drinks perk.

Edited by MicCanberra

Thank you for your quick answer. We loved your pictures, can I ask what type of camera you used. My DW is tired of using our IPhone, and would like to get a Camera with telephoto.

As Mic said , we're both Canon shooters ( SLR with removable lenses ) . I also use a small pocket camera which works very well a Sony SX - 100 III . But it doesn't have much zoom capability . Can you tell us more about what type of camera you would like ?

There's a review here of some good mid size cameras here and a small one at the end that is very similar to my Sony SX - 100 . The photo quality is less in low light , but it has much greater zoom than mine .

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/2015-roundup-long-zoom-compacts/16

Sorry, I didn't mean it was for Suite guests, I meant anyone in general when booking X cruises have had access to the '123 Go' or the 'BBB' (big better best ) sales and most people would pick the drinks perk.

Do you know if coffee at Cafe al Bacio is included in a suite price ?

Do you know if coffee at Cafe al Bacio is included in a suite price ?

I do now, All Suite guest get the espresso and cappuccino available in their room but if you have a suite better than Sky or Celebrity

Complimentary Premium Beverage Package for all guests in suite. Minors will automatically receive a Premium-Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package

If a premium package is included you can get coffees at Cafe' Al Baccio as well.

Edited by MicCanberra

I'm back, and I'm all caught up - again. You'd think I would have learned by now not to fall so far behind. :confused:

Cute studio in London. Looked like it had everything you would need. I loved seeing the Princess Diana memorial and the Royal Albert Hall. The practice grounds sound like a good idea that I will keep in mind in case I get a chance to visit London.

I can't wait to see what you think of the Regal Princess. It is one of the ships I'd love to sail on in the near future. Maybe once I get these "classic" parts of mine that I've just had repaired fully back into working order. :eek: :D

Edited by perfect match