Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

If you do book any of the Antarctica cruises, I will definitely be wanting to see those pictures!

We haven't been to Antarctica yet - but we got pretty close in 2013 !!

Here's some photos and a link to that photo cruise review on the HAL Zaandamn :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1958814

b1c4bbbc-1cee-4821-96b4-7ffc4831f08d_zpsqp6imuym.jpg

I will be watching for you two on your aft balcony during sailaway. I'll be the one frantically waving at my computer screen! Did you send a "request a wave" to the people at PE Webcam? I have had some pretty good luck getting on camera when I have done that on our cruises.

Thank you for the reminder Nancy , we put in our request to the Port Fever website this morning . :) :D

Webcam Wave Request

Port Everglades Webcam Banner Waves Port Everglades Webcam Location

View more Wave Photos

Cruise ship webcam "waves" are 100% free of charge. We will take control of our HDTV camera and zoom in on the "wavers". Friends and family back home can watch your sail-away live.

Sail-away still image captures can be viewed for up to 3 months through our webcam archive: PortFever.

Recordings of our live webcam video from Port Everglades sail-aways may be replayed here.

For a more permanent memento, sail-away video may also be available for sale as a digital download... contact us for more details. Include in your own personal vacation video or perhaps as a DVD gift.

Please note that we are no longer taking hi-res photographs on a regular basis.

Fill out the form below to submit your request.

Very important that you also provide your intended location on the ship during sail-away e.g. port side balcony cabin number, exact top deck railing position, bridge wing, etc. and details of a unique identifier like a colored banner or flag. Our webcam can only see the bow, port side and aft of vessels leaving the port. Your location must be in one of those areas.

If you have a banner, make sure you also bring something (rope or tape) to secure it to the railings... it can be windy!

The more advance your notice, the better. Due to the volume of requests we regret that we are unable to personally respond. However, you should receive an automated confirmation email. Barring unforeseen circumstances or technical outage, we intend to cover all cruise ship sail-aways with our HD webcam. Please remember that we cannot guarantee that we will find you on any particular sail-away. If your ship is delayed and departs after dark, it is very unlikely that you will be visible on our webcam.

Enjoy your cruise!

No worries, Rosie is fine now although her back still plays up occasionally and she will never get full use/movement of her arm/wrist however, the biggest thing is the fear of walking on or near Ice and snow.:(

In every day life, it doesn't matter here but it does cut out a lot of the world for a lot of the year when considering travel.

Hope your visit with your Mum (the drive) goes well.:D

We're glad that Rosie is better and healed and we really agree with her about the slick surfaces , you gotta be careful ! A good drive and a great visit . :) :D

I didn't know you could do this, sounds cool.

I heard about and saw it on Bimmer 09's review .

Scubacruiserx2 wins the Pillow Mint for the correct answer to my song quiz!!

Castles made of Sand - Jimi Hendrix , one of my favorites when in high school . Great review and photos as always Norris !! How did you get the still photo from PE ? And thanks for the shout out !!

Great song from the great Album Axis Bold as Love. Well done.

The still I took from the Port Fever website where they have the sail away video archive. Then I asked to buy a video copy of the whole sail away.

They asked how I was going to use it.

I said in a review on CC.

They said-it's for home use only. I asked if ok to use the still I had grabbed?

They said sure as long as it has their watermark.

Thanks for stopping by and for the compliments Tom!

Norris

bimmer2009_zpsplydbrbm.jpg

Nice pic of the two of you.

The pie and Guinness look great and I only have salad for lunch.:(

Thanks Mic , but we had to try it to compare it to shipboard experience on the Eclipse . ;)

DSC02835_zpshp4en43x.jpg

DSC02838_zpsekhqvsq2.jpg

The cost aboard the ship was about the same as , but The Earls Court Tavern experience and food wins , hands down .

Only a salad ? :( :(

Thanks Mic , but we had to try it to compare it to shipboard experience on the Eclipse . ;)

DSC02835_zpshp4en43x.jpg

DSC02838_zpsekhqvsq2.jpg

The cost aboard the ship was about the same as , but The Earls Court Tavern experience and food wins , hands down .

Only a salad ?

Good to know, about which is better.:D

Yeah "lose to cruise".

I put on weight from the September/October trip & cruise but then hit the lead up to Xmas and then another Cruise over new year, so I am still trying to get some weight off in time for April's adventure.:eek:

We just looked at the Transatlantic cruise that we did on the Eclipse last year and we were shocked :eek: A deluxe veranda cabin for this years cruise in April is less than $1000 !

But the itinerary has changed a lot . Gone are France , Spain and the Azores but they added 1 day in Nassau . I wonder why it's not sold out ? :rolleyes:

Good to know, about which is better.:D

Yeah "lose to cruise".

I put on weight from the September/October trip & cruise but then hit the lead up to Xmas and then another Cruise over new year, so I am still trying to get some weight off in time for April's adventure.:eek:

It's just our opinion on the food and we did enjoy the Eclipse version , but it's kinda like watching a tribute band but paying full price . I've also put on some weight but I think that it's too late to diet now ! :) :D

We just looked at the Transatlantic cruise that we did on the Eclipse last year and we were shocked :eek: A deluxe veranda cabin for this years cruise in April is less than $1000 !

But the itinerary has changed a lot . Gone are France , Spain and the Azores but they added 1 day in Nassau . I wonder why it's not sold out ? :rolleyes:

I think a few things may put people off, terrorism, Zika and the change in itinerary.

I didn't know you could do this, sounds cool.

It really is cool! I even managed to find some pictures of our snorkel boat and my dive boat from the week we spent in Ft Lauderdale this past fall. I couldn't request a wave since we weren't on a cruise ship, so did not get a zoomed in shot, but I did manage to get a picture of each boat as it went by the webcam.

Joe and Pat, have a great cruise. I will be watching the webcam, waving at you guys and getting excited for the "Knee Surgery Recovery Cruise" I booked for us yesterday. Freedom OTS out of Port Canaveral, 7 days Eastern Caribbean. I got a good price on an aft Jr Suite, and we like sailing from PC since it is so close to home. Let's just say I was super motivated in my knee rehab today. :D

On our last full day in London we wanted to visit the Natural History Museum . However , there were so many school children assembled there when we arrived that we decided to visit there instead we returned in August . So we went to see the changing of the guard at Buckingham palace hoping that it wouldn't be too crowded .

Earl's Court tube station

DSC03517_zpswdqrg3iy.jpg

But , of course , it was .

0376c973-37a4-4b42-9515-42199a104599_zpsch3ddroc.jpg

Pat stationed herself by the fence on the left side

DSC03558_zpsckzwgvbb.jpg

And I went across to the Queen Victoria Memorial to see if that was better

DSC0355220Stitch-001_zpswejezrzr.jpg

Here's an uncropped stitch from there

DSC0355020Stitch_zpsobylqtgj.jpg

Returning to Pat , the place was packed and it almost impossible to take any good video footage where we were .

DSC03560_zpsmok4nfaj.jpg

But we did find some good video on the internet .

I don't really diet strictly, I tend to cut out alcohol and iced coffee (milky kind) and exercise more when I lose to cruise. The salads and such are our usual home foods as we tend to eat rather healthily at home but indulge on cruises.:D

We usually eat healthy also , but with a drink after dinner - the snacking begins . :eek:

Wow, good work, nothing like a cruise to help with motivation.:D

If laughter is the best medicine , an upcoming cruise is a close second .

It really is cool! I even managed to find some pictures of our snorkel boat and my dive boat from the week we spent in Ft Lauderdale this past fall. I couldn't request a wave since we weren't on a cruise ship, so did not get a zoomed in shot, but I did manage to get a picture of each boat as it went by the webcam.

Joe and Pat, have a great cruise. I will be watching the webcam, waving at you guys and getting excited for the "Knee Surgery Recovery Cruise" I booked for us yesterday. Freedom OTS out of Port Canaveral, 7 days Eastern Caribbean. I got a good price on an aft Jr Suite, and we like sailing from PC since it is so close to home. Let's just say I was super motivated in my knee rehab today. :D

Wow Nancy another cruise , that's such good news ! :) :D And yeah , it's a great motivator . We would love to see the cruise ships going out like that , but our diving is usually over in the morning and so we don't get to see it . We were checking the weather for tomorrow's sail away and it may be the coolest night of the year ! And we also found this :eek: :

florida20freeze202016_zpslypdbpgz.jpg

Hopefully this will prevent mosquitoes !!

Wow Nancy another cruise , that's such good news ! :) :D And yeah , it's a great motivator . We would love to see the cruise ships going out like that , but our diving is usually over in the morning and so we don't get to see it . We were checking the weather for tomorrow's sail away and it may be the coolest night of the year ! And we also found this :eek: :

florida20freeze202016_zpslypdbpgz.jpg

Hopefully this will prevent mosquitoes !!

Joe, at the bottom of the PE Webcam is a likn for "snapshot archive" from

Port Fever. It is a 24 hr archive of snapshots taken every few minutes. If I remember correctly that is where I found the shots of the snorkel and dive boats. Our snorkel trip was in the afternoon, but the dive was early morning. You just have to be lucky enough to be in the frame when they snap the picture. That shouldn't be a problem unless you're going past the webcam really fast. I keep meaning to go back in and see if I can find us passing through on the water taxi the day we went south to Hollywood Beach.

We have noticed that it will be a bit cold around here this week. Could be worse, though. We could still be living in Connecticut. It will be a whole lot colder there than it will be here this week! No, I do not miss winter at all!

Hopefully you will be out of the wind on your aft balcony during sailaway tomorrow so you will be warm enough to enjoy the experience. From what I've seen, it will be warm enough as you sail south so you will enjoy your cruise without having to worry about being too cold. If you are cold, just jump up and down and wave harder. :p That should keep you warm!

Joe, at the bottom of the PE Webcam is a likn for "snapshot archive" from

Port Fever. It is a 24 hr archive of snapshots taken every few minutes. If I remember correctly that is where I found the shots of the snorkel and dive boats. Our snorkel trip was in the afternoon, but the dive was early morning. You just have to be lucky enough to be in the frame when they snap the picture. That shouldn't be a problem unless you're going past the webcam really fast. I keep meaning to go back in and see if I can find us passing through on the water taxi the day we went south to Hollywood Beach.

We have noticed that it will be a bit cold around here this week. Could be worse, though. We could still be living in Connecticut. It will be a whole lot colder there than it will be here this week! No, I do not miss winter at all!

Hopefully you will be out of the wind on your aft balcony during sailaway tomorrow so you will be warm enough to enjoy the experience. From what I've seen, it will be warm enough as you sail south so you will enjoy your cruise without having to worry about being too cold. If you are cold, just jump up and down and wave harder. :p That should keep you warm!

Thanks for the info Nancy . It surely won't be as cold as Connecticut , but we suspect that some visitors will be surprised at how cool and windy it will get tonight . We will probably go up to the MUTS venue if the Super Bowl is on and take some photos but we do like our little aft balcony , with little or no breeze ! :) :D