Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

Thank you for your quick answer. We loved your pictures, can I ask what type of camera you used. My DW is tired of using our IPhone, and would like to get a Camera with telephoto.

My Canon with a telephoto and a wide angle lens and the Sony SX - 100 III are the cameras used in this thread .

IMG_5544_zpsc4xcs2sf.jpg

My Sony SX - 100 III on the right and my wife's Hx - 90 v on the left . My wife's camera on the left is the smallest superzoom lens camera currently made .

IMG_6863_zpsl6pwdvyt.jpg

I do now, All Suite guest get the espresso and cappuccino available in their room but if you have a suite better than Sky or Celebrity

Complimentary Premium Beverage Package for all guests in suite. Minors will automatically receive a Premium-Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package

If a premium package is included you can get coffees at Cafe' Al Baccio as well.

Thank you for the great information about suites Mic , maybe one day for us .;)

Thank you for the great information about suites Mic , maybe one day for us .;)

We have a Junior Suite on our 3 day sampler coming up on the Explorer of the Seas, just under 3 weeks time. It was a bargain costing us around $225 per night per person, when the inside cabins were going for $165. We thought, we would try it while it was not so much more.:D

I'm back, and I'm all caught up - again. You'd think I would have learned by now not to fall so far behind. :confused:

Cute studio in London. Looked like it had everything you would need. I loved seeing the Princess Diana memorial and the Royal Albert Hall. The practice grounds sound like a good idea that I will keep in mind in case I get a chance to visit London.

I can't wait to see what you think of the Regal Princess. It is one of the ships I'd love to sail on in the near future. Maybe once I get these "classic" parts of mine that I've just had repaired fully back into working order. :eek: :D

It's great to see you back and we hope that rehab is going well . ;) You had a lot of work done and it takes time to heal and strengthen .

We really did enjoy our brief visit to this area of London and we're getting ready to visit Harrods , in the exclusive Knightsbridge area for the first time .

Yeah we're really looking forward to the cruise ! Are you considering changing your cruise to the Regal ? They are about the same price as your RCI cruise .

We have a Junior Suite on our 3 day sampler coming up on the Explorer of the Seas, just under 3 weeks time. It was a bargain costing us around $225 per night per person, when the inside cabins were going for $165. We thought, we would try it while it was not so much more.:D

Love the sound of an upgrade - especially at a bargain price ! :) :D

After our walk in the park we paid our first visit to Harrods . Harrods is an upmarket department store located on Brompton Road in Knightsbridge, in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, London.

The store occupies a 5-acre (20,000 m2) site and has 330 departments covering one million square feet (90,000 m2) of retail space, making it the biggest department store in Europe.

The Harrods motto is Omnia Omnibus Ubique, which is Latin for 'All Things for All People, Everywhere'. Several of its departments, including the seasonal Christmas department and the Food Halls, are well known. (source wikipedia )

IMG_1357_zpsrknm9taz.jpg

As it was nearing the lunch hour we agreed to check out the food hall and purchase some souvenirs for family . But , living up to it's motto , Harrods soon dazzled and distracted one of our members .

DSC03450-001_zps6cefnpug.jpg

While the other stuck to business .

DSC03451_zpsezzg2hvt.jpg

At 11 am , a little early for seafood salad

DSC03454_zpsfpuhtoar.jpg

But it sure looked good

DSC03452_zpsqgzeclud.jpg

Now here's a sensible choice to take back with us .

DSC03455_zpscmuekir8.jpg

It is worth going to Harrod's just to look at all the cars parked outside. When we were there, there were Ferraris, Bentleys, Lambourghinis, Jaguars and the fancy types of BMWs, Mercedes Benzes and Porshes and more. So much wealth and machinery to look at.:D

Glad you are back and hopefully recovered.

It's great to see you back and we hope that rehab is going well . ;) You had a lot of work done and it takes time to heal and strengthen .

We really did enjoy our brief visit to this area of London and we're getting ready to visit Harrods , in the exclusive Knightsbridge area for the first time .

Yeah we're really looking forward to the cruise ! Are you considering changing your cruise to the Regal ? They are about the same price as your RCI cruise .

Thanks, guys! Recovery is going well, although much slower than I would like. Not quite ready for another cruise yet, but I am starting to think about it. Until I'm ready to go myself, I'll just have to tag along online with you! :o

Joe, the Regal cruise, or maybe one of the Southern Caribbean itineraries on the Royal that I've been looking at would be in ADDITION to the Oasis cruise we already have booked, not instead of it! :D :eek:

Thanks, guys! Recovery is going well, although much slower than I would like. Not quite ready for another cruise yet, but I am starting to think about it. Until I'm ready to go myself, I'll just have to tag along online with you! :o

Joe, the Regal cruise, or maybe one of the Southern Caribbean itineraries on the Royal that I've been looking at would be in ADDITION to the Oasis cruise we already have booked, not instead of it! :D :eek:

Sounds great Nancy , 2 cruises are better than 1 !! ;)

Desserts! Why did you have to show me desserts? :eek:

I am heading to the kitchen now to see what I can find. I can guarantee you, though, that I will not find anything quite as amazing looking as the desserts in your picture. I guess that's probably a good thing........ :D

I love Cafe' Al Baccio but more for the coffee than for the desserts, although it would be a shame if you went all the way here and only got coffee.;)

We did indulge in both on the Eclipse occasionally - but not like we do on Princess ! The International Cafe is open early and so a cup of coffee and a Cronut ( croissant/donut ) became a routine before breakfast . :) :D

2d386551-f00d-4896-afc3-6e6098288e8a_zpsaeom5aki.jpg

ffd7417f-2e94-4645-9c3c-49725ee796ad_zpsqbm1j3co.jpg

The offerings at the international Café are very nice as well.:D

We really do enjoy the Celebrity and the Princess offerings at their coffee shops ! And we are really looking forward to trying the Horizon Bistro Pastry Shop on the Regal as described here :

Horizon Bistro Pastry Shop -- The Horizon Court aboard Regal Princess features a dedicated pastry shop. Here guests can indulge in fresh-baked goodies throughout the day, including croissants, pastries, hot desserts, freshly baked waffles and French toast at breakfast; classic and modern desserts at lunch and dinner; tea sandwiches, cookies, desserts and waffles at tea time; and special show pieces and flambés in the evening. This completely separate space features its own unique design, décor, function and seating area, plus a dedicated specialty coffee section. Guests even get to see Princess’ pastry chefs in action as they demonstrate their skills in chocolate work and cake decorating.

:) :D

On the subject of the Regal Princess ( hopefully , our next cruise and thread ) , we found an entry from a food blog about their experience on the Regal Princess .

http://www.tasteandtellblog.com/food-aboard-the-regal-princess/

Regal-Princess-Food-tasteandtellblog.com-01_zpsi5jawwj0.jpg

Photo taken from the blog

Edited by scubacruiserx2