Independence is fantastic

Was on Independence last November (western) and going again in October. (eastern). We enjoyed it but found shows were just okay but ice show great. Even though we found shows just okay we still enjoyed our cruise and found lots of great entertainment in the many clubs on the ship. We really enjoyed Love and Marriage show too.

Accounting for the fleet wide decline in quality and service, I've got to say Independence is just amazing. I haven't had much positive to say about Royal Caribbean recently, but we are a few days in and this cruise has been fantastic. The ship is in impeccable shape and the crew we have experienced have been great.

We had a record early boarding time of 10:25 in Fort Lauderdale. We may have to try and squeeze in another trip before she stops doing the 7 nighters out of Ft. Lauderdale! Any questions I'll try to answer.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Jamie is not on Indy at this time -- the current CD is Leigh Xuereb until Sept 8th.

Is Royal CArribean changing cruise directors mid-cruise? I'm on the September 6 sailing date this year. I saw this on another thread and thought this odd.

Is Royal CArribean changing cruise directors mid-cruise? I'm on the September 6 sailing date this year. I saw this on another thread and thought this odd.

Jamie and the lovely Bell were on Freedom in June

Was on Indy 7/12/15. Awesome!

I like the way they did the ice show, by muster station.

Enjoyable ice show.

Didn't eat in MDR for dinner, ate in the windjammer. Enjoyed the different dishes every night.

Junior from the Enchantment is now working on the Indy. Nice to see him again.

Waiters were great in the windjammer.

Embarkation was super slow. I jumped from the Pinnacle/Suite line to deck 7/10 deck line.

2 people checking in suites. 2 people for platinum and up, but 4 people for gold.

But then again less than 200 diamond and up on this cruise.

Concierges Raj and Gustavo are incredible.

Cleanest pool deck in the fleet.

ALL crew (except maintenance, blue jumpsuits) would remove any dishes or trash when walking by, including the officers.

Unbelievable!

Over the water cabana in Labadee totally worth it.

Disembarkation for suites and Pinnacle is superb.

Wonderful cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad you had a fab cruise. Indy has always been our favourite!! Can I ask. Where was the reserved pool seating for Suite guests. Is it above the sky bar or is it on the staggered areas as you walk up to sky bar. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopping on here real quick to see if anyone knows when Indy will be heading to dry dock next? Seems like it's been a few years.

We'll be on her in December for a five night; our first time on her but we'll have been on Freedom 3X by then.

I thought I read elsewhere that Indy is getting a bit "worn out" looking?

Not that I care too much; we were on Explorer last December and although the lady was looking decidedly tired, we had a great time. Best crew ever!

TIA

Hopping on here real quick to see if anyone knows when Indy will be heading to dry dock next? Seems like it's been a few years.

We'll be on her in December for a five night; our first time on her but we'll have been on Freedom 3X by then.

I thought I read elsewhere that Indy is getting a bit "worn out" looking?

Not that I care too much; we were on Explorer last December and although the lady was looking decidedly tired, we had a great time. Best crew ever!

TIA

I express "worn out" means different things to different people. I surely did not see rust, when we sailed on her in February. Perhaps there was a sofa or chair somewhere on the ship that could need replacement....but from my perspective the ship was in marvelous condition with a crew/staff that was working to keep it that way.

We had a great time, thanks to great staff and fun activities overseen by the cruise director staff.

We enjoyed the dining on board as well....I could have a cheesecake lollipop around, but not on the ship to go and get one....sad am I.

We just returned from the August 2nd sailing of Indy...Pure paradise!

The ship was great, service was excellent & the crew was very, very friendly.

Enjoyed our cruise director Leigh Xuereb & activities manager Frank the Tank.

I was on St.Maarten when the shooting of the police officer occurred during the attempted robbery. I was about 6 store fronts away. The shop keepers told us all to get inside their stores & they slammed down their metal gates to keep everyone safe. Very scary for everyone. Once things calmed down, many of us ran to the water taxis to return to the ship. Captain Loy made a couple of announcements about the incident & made passengers aware that they had people on staff to talk to if anyone needed to do so. St. Kitts was very nice. Once past the taxi drivers & private tour people, no one hassled you & the store owners were very friendly & helpful.

We have been on 12 RCCL cruises, & all the way around, this 1 ranks in our top 3.

We cruised the Indy in March our first cruise with Royal Caribbean, I can say We had a Fantastic vacation! This cruise started my LOVE for cruising❤️ Wonderful ship and extremely hard working crew! Loved it so much I booked my Second cruise with Royal on the Freedom of the sea's😊

another Indy lover. Going 3rd time in January, and hope that 5 nights is enough:cool:. Just curious about shows and formal nights, and looking forward to see captain Remo and super Mario again! Both were present on Indy in February 2014.

It has been confirmed Captain Remo has officially retired after 40 years service.

I was on St.Maarten when the shooting of the police officer occurred during the attempted robbery. I was about 6 store fronts away. The shop keepers told us all to get inside their stores & they slammed down their metal gates to keep everyone safe. Very scary for everyone. Once things calmed down, many of us ran to the water taxis to return to the ship. Captain Loy made a couple of announcements about the incident & made passengers aware that they had people on staff to talk to if anyone needed to do so. St. Kitts was very nice. Once past the taxi drivers & private tour people, no one hassled you & the store owners were very friendly & helpful.

We have been on 12 RCCL cruises, & all the way around, this 1 ranks in our top 3.

Unfortunately the police officer past away. He was sent to the Dominican Republic but they couldn't do anything for him.

If I heard correctly, he was the 1st police officer killed in the line of duty on St. Maarten. Very sad.

Super Mario was on Indy for Aug 2nd sailing- He gave a little speech at the C& A talk. His team also won the RCCL trivia contest-go figure.

I think they said he will be on until Oct or Nov of this year

We were just there via Freedom OTS on the day of his funeral... so sad. It's the first policeman shooting there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We were just there via Freedom OTS on the day of his funeral... so sad. It's the first policeman shooting there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sorry and sad to hear about. We were in St. Maarten in april on the Indy and never felt unsafe. Going on the Independence again in september and were looking forward to visiting St. Maarten again.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm looking for information on how good the wifi is onboard?

Can someone comment about in-cabin wifi as well as public areas?

Just got off last Sunday. I only used the Diamond Free 24 hour wifi. It worked in our cabin on deck 10. Was slow as usual.

Hope you have a great time. Enjoyed your previous review on Freedom!

Debbie

Just got off last Sunday. I only used the Diamond Free 24 hour wifi. It worked in our cabin on deck 10. Was slow as usual.

Hope you have a great time. Enjoyed your previous review on Freedom!

Debbie

Thanks Debbie :) I will be reporting LIVE again on my B2B :p