NO Solo supplement...

sassy~one

As noted above, they used to have no, or low solo supplements fairly often, but lately it's a thing of the past. My wife and I sail separately quite often, because of our MANY pets, and my wife's little business, which is difficult to close,,,,even for a week. All you can do is keep checking the ships/sailings you're interested in, and ever so often, a deal comes along. ;) Good luck, and I'll see you aboard.

"SKY"

I haven't seen any cruises with no solo supplement since February. I saw one of the 10 day cruises from Galveston for $499, no supplement, and there were a ton last fall. My Splendor repo cruise went down to about $299 with no supplement a few weeks before the sail date 6 months ago. I doubt they'll waive the solo supplement over the peak summer months. There have been a lot offered during Sept-Nov the last 2 years, so maybe then. They're usually posted a few weeks to maybe 2 months in advance. I always go to carnival.com, enter 1 person, and see what comes up.

Edited by gapearl

I haven't seen any cruises with no solo supplement since February. I saw one of the 10 day cruises from Galveston for $499, no supplement, and there were a ton last fall. My Splendor repo cruise went down to about $299 with no supplement a few weeks before the sail date 6 months ago. I doubt they'll waive the solo supplement over the peak summer months. There have been a lot offered during Sept-Nov the last 2 years, so maybe then. They're usually posted a few weeks to maybe 2 months in advance. I always go to carnival.com, enter 1 person, and see what comes up.

Hope you will be doing reviews especially Asia.

Not often because married couples brag about getting 2 room so they can have more room for dressing and a extra bathroom so it wrecks it for everyone else.:eek:

And this stinks... Carnival needs to watch for married couples booking separate cabins side by side for these solo rates... and not allow it.. it is a shame that their selfishness messes it up for those who truly have to cruise solo...

how often do they go on sale?

Carnival's latest list of reduced, but not zero, single supplement offers:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/GOCCL/Files/Sales/SingleOccupancy.ashx

This list was published May 6th and may not include all single supplement offers. Hopefully we'll see better offers once we get past peak summer season. Carnival doesn't seem interested in solos since bookings are improving this year.

Usually they appear on the CCL website in Sept for Oct and Nov. cruises. Whenkids go back to school and summer vacations are over. They look to fill the cabins. Most of the deals are for 3-5 day sailings. Good Luck.

Carnival's latest list of reduced, but not zero, single supplement offers:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/GOCCL/Files/Sales/SingleOccupancy.ashx

This list was published May 6th and may not include all single supplement offers. Hopefully we'll see better offers once we get past peak summer season. Carnival doesn't seem interested in solos since bookings are improving this year.

Currently, there are no real deals on other lines either. You'll see 150% on Carnival, but if compared to double occupancy rates, they come out the same by jacking up the solo rate, then cut 50% from that rate so it has the appearance of giving a special solo rate:mad:

No, I'm not a Carnival basher, just posting what I noticed. Did my comparison on that other site. Maybe this fall there will be some no supplement deals like years ago.

And this stinks... Carnival needs to watch for married couples booking separate cabins side by side for these solo rates... and not allow it.. it is a shame that their selfishness messes it up for those who truly have to cruise solo...

As a sometimes solo cruiser, I agree, but how would they or could they enforce this? I never knew folks did this until I saw these posts. One thing I have found, is that sometimes there is no solo deal, but the cost of the cruise can be low enough that it is competetive with the price as a solo rate, especially close in to sailing date.

Off topic (but not too off topic) ,I wonder if there is a social site where people could find

other prospective "solos" to match up with. If there isn't ,this could be my million dollar idea .;)

For my last cruise which ended 2 days ago [not with Carnival, with P&O Australia], the agency I booked with paired me up with someone as a way to defray costs. It worked out pretty well! Certainly saved a bundle than if I got the whole room.

Wish more agencies offered this kind of booking. Lots of single travelers out there!

Off topic (but not too off topic) ,I wonder if there is a social site where people could find

other prospective "solos" to match up with. If there isn't ,this could be my million dollar idea .;)

Sorry man, there's at least 3 that I know of. Plus Norwegians solo cabins. Lots of options for those of us who go it alone.

Sorry man, there's at least 3 that I know of. Plus Norwegians solo cabins. Lots of options for those of us who go it alone.
Darn ! :mad::D

I figured there would be, but this option never seems to be mentioned on CC .

Are these three TA's or the equivalent of "dating" sites . Do they put you in a shared cabin

or help you find like minded individuals .

Darn ! :mad::D

I figured there would be, but this option never seems to be mentioned on CC .

Are these three TA's or the equivalent of "dating" sites . Do they put you in a shared cabin

or help you find like minded individuals .

1 is a TA that does hosted singles cruises and does roommate matching, 1 appears to be more like a dating thing than a TA, but they only do vacations, also has roommate matching. The other one, it's a message board where solos can advertise for roommates.

It is on CC found under specialty cruising, singles and solos, which is differentiated. Singles are looking, I guess, and solos not necessarily.

Edited by AngAndBoys

Singles are looking, I guess, and solos not necessarily.

The way I understand the distinction, "single" means traveling on a cruise without being committed to a life partner, and "solo" means having their own cabin regardless of relationship status.

It's possible to be single and not solo, solo and not single, or solo AND single.

The way I understand the distinction, "single" means traveling on a cruise without being committed to a life partner, and "solo" means having their own cabin regardless of relationship status.

It's possible to be single and not solo, solo and not single, or solo AND single.

Great one. I am solo sometimes and single majority of the time. Lately, all the time. But happy.