Website broken again?

Logged in to C&A and cannot access either my gift preferences or my upgrade preferences - A page comes up that used to have the dropdown boxes, but all that's on it now is:

UPGRADE PREFERENCES

upgrade-preference.gifribbon_DIAMOND_PLUS.jpgHow do you prefer to take advantage of your upgrade privileges? Would you like to automatically receive available upgrades? Or do you prefer to limit your upgrades with specific conditions? Select your Upgrade Preferences by completing this online form. Only available upgrades that meet the criteria you select will be offered to you.

What’s next? Sit back and relax! If an upgrade becomes available to you, we will contact you through your email address provided in your My Cruises account.

Nothing else:eek:

C&A is currently updating the Bonus Gift Preferences. There is no drop down menu when you can change your selection. Our Upgrade Preferences are fine, but others have reported, like you, that they are missing.

I called on Friday afternoon and was told they they are working on it.

Edited by cruisenfever

C&A is currently updating the Bonus Gift Preferences. There is no drop down menu when you can change your selection. Our Upgrade Preferences are fine, but others have reported, like you, that they are missing.

I called on Friday afternoon and was told they they are working on it.

Thanks. I was just going in to check my gift selections, because it's been awhile since we've cruised, so hopefully, they haven't changed. Last week when I went in to check my upgrade preferences, all of the choices were there, but they were all unchecked. We had previously selected the "only upgrade on the same deck" option, but it was unchecked.

Thanks you all for posting......

We signed into our account online and we could not view the upgrade preferences or the bonus gift preferences.. I called Crown and Anchor and reported as such. They never acknowledged that they were updating the gift preferences... They did checked my preferences and they could view them on their computer.

Thanks Cruisenfever for sharing that they are working on the Bonus Gifts update.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the response I got a few days ago from Crown & Anchor:

We are currently having online difficulties with the preferences area of the website. Our technical team is working on this situation; regrettably, we do not have a time frame when it will be functional. In the meantime, you may contact our office directly at 1-800-526-9723 and a Crown & Anchor Society representative would be happy to update your choice. Optionally, if you know what you would like, you may also submit your request via e-mail to this address. Requests must be received at least 11 days prior to sailing. We truly regret any inconvenience or frustrations this may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to resolve this issue.

It must not be a very big priority for them. I sent a note from the website about a month ago about it. All I ever received back was the automated receipt note...

It used to work fine before they made some change. As an ex-software engineer, I know that if they had someone working on the bug, it would only take a couple days at most to find the problem, fix, test and update the web site software.

Still broke! Tried again this morning and only option I have is 'Save Changes'. LOL! Can't make any changes so how can you save them? :eek:

I haven't worried about looking at preferences lately, but I tried it this morning, just to check after seeing this thread. Seemed to work fine for me. I updated both gift and upgrade preferences.

Edit: I accessed the site with Chrome browser. Just thought I'd add that info, as sometimes certain glitches occur with one browser, but not another.

Edited by Paul65

I haven't worried about looking at preferences lately, but I tried it this morning, just to check after seeing this thread. Seemed to work fine for me. I updated both gift and upgrade preferences.

Edit: I accessed the site with Chrome browser. Just thought I'd add that info, as sometimes certain glitches occur with one browser, but not another.

Interesting. I just tried with IE and Firefox and neither shows my upgrade or gift preferences.

Interesting. I just tried with IE and Firefox and neither shows my upgrade or gift preferences.

That is interesting. If you have Chrome (or don't mind downloading/installing it), I'd be curious to hear if it works for you.

I just tried again and it didn't work for me either using Chrome.

I'm an ex-software engineer also and it shouldn't take weeks to resolve an issue. But if they have everyone tied up and not a high priority, guess it will stay broken.

I just tried again and it didn't work for me either using Chrome.

I'm an ex-software engineer also and it shouldn't take weeks to resolve an issue. But if they have everyone tied up and not a high priority, guess it will stay broken.

Hmm. If it's not just the browser, then maybe it conflicts with certain versions of software - maybe Flash or Java or something like that. I just know that I was able to log in, go to "Member Area" and click on the various preferences, and all seemed to work fine for me.

Edited by Paul65

I tried it with IE, Firefox, and chrome(tablet) and I had no sues. Your internet cache may still have parts of the LD version saved. Clear the browsing history and try again

My browsing history, cache, and cookies clear every time I exit the browser. Still no luck.