Celebrity: What's up with Infinity September-October 2016

milesfromu

Celebrity, please help us out here! There are five consecutive sailings of the Infinity from 9/11/2016-10/17/2016 that have been off the radar for nearly a month. There are many of us affected by this and we have been unable to receive any useful information. Pricing for alternate sail dates has changed since these sailings went off the radar and will continue to increase as time goes by. We happen to have two of the affected sail dates booked currently. Timely information would be helpful for those affected so we can move on with our planning and rearrangements if necessary before options dwindle. Thanks, and hope to hear back soon.

Please let us know what has happened to Infinity Sailings. I am booked on one sailing and am excited about a return to Bonaire. Invited some friends to join the cruise but when looking to book, the Infinity Cruise is gone.

This is not the way to do business with loyal cruisers. Please advise what is going on so we can make plans.

Edited by texkan

I called again today. On hold, then nothing. Every rep I talked to seems to have the same line, "we have no information", "revenue maintenance" . What the "expletive" does that mean?

Cant think of too many situations where they have your deposit and will not give you any information.

Terrible customer relations.

They're not showing because they are sold out according to the "sea" site.

Extremely doubtful. There was ample availability across cabin categories the day before they were pulled from inventory. Five consecutive sailings with widely varying itineraries. Again, unlikely to all sellout overnight after being in the inventory for more than a year.

They're not showing because they are sold out according to the "sea" site.

Cruises are Not Sold Out.

Celebrity told me and also my TA that the Revenue Dept was working on the cruises and the cruises were to be back on the website Last Week. (Not)

If I go to manage my reservations, all that it shows is Key West and Fort Lauderdale. The other ports are Not there.

Think that Revenue Dept is looking to Charter

Edited by texkan

I have also contacted my vacation planner about our cruise. (Oct 7) She was as helpful as possible. She said she has a direct line to the man that handles the Infinity, and would ask him for the answers, but she warned me that she may be told they are not ready to share the information. she promised me she would share any information she is allowed to share as soon as she can. At least she gave me an honest answer, and didn't try to make me believe some line of BS. that meant a lot.

It is a shame that Celebrity has many of us in this situation of limbo, and while we wait we are getting very frustrated, and missing out on other opportunities.

I have also booked Oct 27 as a back up, which is the same itinerary, but not the best timing for me.

I wish every in this situation good luck and I hope it works out for everyone.

My friend and I are in the same boat (pardon the pun).., I have to fly from Australia. I have enquired through my US agent too and been given the same spin.

I'm not feeling hopeful...:mad:

Very poor...come on just tell us the real situation please Celebrity.

Sue

I have also contacted my vacation planner about our cruise. (Oct 7) She was as helpful as possible. She said she has a direct line to the man that handles the Infinity, and would ask him for the answers, but she warned me that she may be told they are not ready to share the information. she promised me she would share any information she is allowed to share as soon as she can. At least she gave me an honest answer, and didn't try to make me believe some line of BS. that meant a lot.

It is a shame that Celebrity has many of us in this situation of limbo, and while we wait we are getting very frustrated, and missing out on other opportunities.

I have also booked Oct 27 as a back up, which is the same itinerary, but not the best timing for me.

I wish every in this situation good luck and I hope it works out for everyone.

Due to the ongoing state of limbo and no word from Celebrity Official on these boards,we switched to 10/27 even though the 10/17 date worked better for us.... 10/27 has a very nice roll call group..so if you end up losing out on your first choice...see you there! Hope an answer about the charter is announced soon.

Due to the ongoing state of limbo and no word from Celebrity Official on these boards,we switched to 10/27 even though the 10/17 date worked better for us.... 10/27 has a very nice roll call group..so if you end up losing out on your first choice...see you there! Hope an answer about the charter is announced soon.

There are a few problems with transferring to the Oct 27 cruise. One is that the prime cabin that I booked for the Oct 17 cruise is naturally not available. Then there is the cost difference and many other inconveniences.

happy cruising 🎱🚢🇺🇸🌞

Too short to be a charter (unless a Billionaire needed a new yacht temporarily) and too long to be a regular refirb. Maybe a retrofit? They usually take several weeks, like 6-8 weeks??

As of today, my cruise webcams shows Infinity "at sea". The ship tracker is showing N 47°18' W 129°00' , which is in mid-north pacific ocean off of California. (updated 2:34 pm today) It just went through drydock in Nov. 2014.

It's likely they're not saying because they haven't finalized the new plan for the missing time / dates. My opinion is once they have the new plan and new itineraries that will likely include a charter / floating hotel in the middle, they'll come back with an announcement and new info. I would keep any booking if you're going to move, as the forced change may / could come with extra perks.

Sorry for the frustration.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I've been waiting to hear about my cruise on 3/14/2016 on the Connie-it's disappeared from the sites. It's actually been gone 3 months now. Supposedly it's "sold out." Everything is still showing up in my celebrity though.

I wouldn't hold your breathe for answers. I haven't gotten anywhere in 3 months with my TA, Celebrity or other contacts.

There are a few problems with transferring to the Oct 27 cruise. One is that the prime cabin that I booked for the Oct 17 cruise is naturally not available. Then there is the cost difference and many other inconveniences.

happy cruising 🎱🚢🇺🇸🌞

Oooh...sorry.....

we got our same cabin and perks and only for $ 100 more...hoping they get the res right...takes awhile to add the perks to the new date...so we are keeping an eye on that..and hoping no changes for the 10/27 /16 itin..,,that would be the final straw!

Oooh...sorry.....

we got our same cabin and perks and only for $ 100 more...hoping they get the res right...takes awhile to add the perks to the new date...so we are keeping an eye on that..and hoping no changes for the 10/27 /16 itin..,,that would be the final straw!

For us it is really not that big of a issue. We have other cruises booked and this is just another straw on the pile that is stacking up to make us look into other alternatives to cruising. If it gets canceledthere will be more money for something else.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Yup...we hear you.. there are other options..

The AIC we tried was total modern luxury...seamless service from the time we booked, til the transfer to departure airport....our concierge handled luggage, stocked the in room bar with dh's favs, booked our excursions ,dinner and spa res,....plenty of room at the quiet and active pools, lots of nightime entertainment and no upsells...beautiful beach and and off shore island too!

.we also love our Fla vacation place...very relaxing lifestyle.

Not done yet with cruising but not 100% of the time...

It's likely they're not saying because they haven't finalized the new plan for the missing time / dates. My opinion is once they have the new plan and new itineraries that will likely include a charter / floating hotel in the middle, they'll come back with an announcement and new info. I would keep any booking if you're going to move, as the forced change may / could come with extra perks.

Sorry for the frustration.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

YES. Either an IT Tech convention out of San Fransisco wanting to use it as a "floating hotel", OR a fortune 500 Club took rest of rooms. The ship still had lots of rooms left on April 4th when my brother booked and on April 16th when I checked for price drops. Then while we were away From May3-16 on our Bermuda cruise, my agent noticed a big price drop and when he tried to call celebrity, they said no info could be processed at that time. I checked for price drop the day after I got home and it wasn't shown on celebrity (said suite available, but then couldn't book it), but when I went to my agents website and looked up price through their engine, it did show a $300 price drop on my category. Then POOF, gone by next day. That's when I started doing my special internet searches and found a couple reason's why this may be happening.

Yes we are on the 17th October 2016 cruise also and also completely hacked off with Celebrity.

Have tried to change to a cruise on Eclipse but Celebrity want to charge us £150 for the privilege!!!! We are happy to pay the cruise fare difference but nothing else.

If this cruise is cancelled we intend to take our money and book with another cruise line on principle. And that wont be RCCL or Azamara also!