Tips in a Sky Suite

From what I understand (we are first time Celebrity cruisers, normally we are RCCL cruisers), we are in a Sky Suite where there is a stateroom attendant, an assistant attendant, a "European trained butler" and a concierge. First, is this correct? And second, what is a reasonable tip for the butler and concierge? We usually leave $100 for the stateroom attendant at the end of the week on top of the included tips paid in advance. So I guess we'll also give $100 to the asst. stateroom attendant. Not sure the concierge merits $100, but curious on the collective thoughts on it, plus on the butler.

Edited by Wheeling_family_of_3

Tipping is a very personal thing and you will read a lot of tipping advice/suggestions on this board. It has been discussed multiple times. Tips for your staff are included in the tips paid automatically. If you receive excellent service, which we always do, we do leave extra for the butler, the stateroom attendant, asst stateroom attendant, and if we have the same waiters over the cruise, we leave them extra also.. We usually do not tip the concierge, as we do not really use their services. Note that more important than tips is a mention, by name, of the staff members, in the after cruise questioner. That is how they receive promotions and raises.

Enjoy your cruise !!

We were in a Sky Suite in December, and did tip the butler and stewards extra. They will introduce themselves promptly when you arrive. But I think you can safely cross off the concierge from your tip concerns. While a list of suite benefits somewhere may promise the services of a concierge, we never met such an individual.

I think this is a promised "benefit" carried over from Concierge Class (and we never met this staff person when traveling in CC either). I think there was a phone number you could call if you desired services of a concierge, and maybe some people do get assistance from such a staffer on board. (And if so, would tip accordingly as you do in a hotel.)

I believe for the higher priced suites with access to Michael's Club, the person staffing that room probably serves as a true concierge and is tipped by some of those suite passengers.

We have traveled in Concierge and in a Sky Suite and there really is no "concierge" that we have ever identified. We did tip extra to both room stewards and our butler when we made any extra requests and then again at the end. Enjoy your Sky Suite and your cruise!

Edited by Jane2357

We were in a Sky Suite in December, and did tip the butler and stewards extra. They will introduce themselves promptly when you arrive. But I think you can safely cross off the concierge from your tip concerns. While a list of suite benefits somewhere may promise the services of a concierge, we never met such an individual.

I think this is a promised "benefit" carried over from Concierge Class (and we never met this staff person when traveling in CC either). I think there was a phone number you could call if you desired services of a concierge, and maybe some people do get assistance from such a staffer on board. (And if so, would tip accordingly as you do in a hotel.)

I believe for the higher priced suites with access to Michael's Club, the person staffing that room probably serves as a true concierge and is tipped by some of those suite passengers.

Correct, the concierge for your level of suite covers the whole ship, not sure how much you would use him/her. Also, any tips given to stateroom attendant covers the assistant. Tipping of course is personal but I think you are way overtipping. Remember, these tips are in addition to the automatic tips given.

Also, you may use the Butler more than the stateroom attendant.

Edited by dkjretired

If you wanted to make lunch reservations for a shoreside restaurant, the Concierge might be the one to contact. He/she also handles lost suitcases (had that happen to friends once and the Concierge was their go-to guy on board for contact the airline). But there is one Concierge for the entire ship, he/she is not devoted to only Concierge Class or only Suite Class. You are safe to remove this name from your list.

The stateroom attendant doesn't really do much for us except his/her job of making the bed and cleaning the stateroom. We usually leave on the auto tips. For the butler, depending on how much we make him run, we tip accordingly, i.e., lots of linen room service breakfasts and canapés in the afternoon, ice, shoe shine, espressos in the AM. We will give him extra depending on the length of the cruise, and last but not least, the asst stateroom attendant -- he's the one responsible for keeping the bathroom & toilets cleaned. I always seek him out at the end of the cruise to give him extra.

What bluecruisin said.

We spread out our tips. After a couple days in, we might give our butler a $20 bill when he's delivering breakfast or the afternoon canapés. He's the one you really see most when you're in a suite. When we've had the butler set up a special party or do something special for us we've tipped him. We give a couple dollars for room service breakfast (which we always do on port days to save all the back and forth).

We also spread out our extra tips for the room steward/assistant. We might give an extra $20 a couple times.

We always give something on the last evening.

I like the idea of searching out the assistant because I never thought about him doing the bathroom but I think it's worthy of tipping for that. I'm going to do that from now on.

Enjoy your suite.

We have traveled in Concierge and in a Sky Suite and there really is no "concierge" that we have ever identified. We did tip extra to both room stewards and our butler when we made any extra requests and then again at the end. Enjoy your Sky Suite and your cruise!

Just curious if these were adjoining cabins? We are staying in a Sky Suite and connecting Concierge cabin coming up on the Reflection. We have the adults in the suite and kids (young teens) in the Concierge. I was wondering if the attendants were the same?

From what I understand (we are first time Celebrity cruisers, normally we are RCCL cruisers), we are in a Sky Suite where there is a stateroom attendant, an assistant attendant, a "European trained butler" and a concierge. First, is this correct? And second, what is a reasonable tip for the butler and concierge? We usually leave $100 for the stateroom attendant at the end of the week on top of the included tips paid in advance. So I guess we'll also give $100 to the asst. stateroom attendant. Not sure the concierge merits $100, but curious on the collective thoughts on it, plus on the butler.

As everyone has said, tips are a personal thing. We tip the attendant and sometimes the assistant, dependent upon the service received directly from him or her. We also tip the butler. The only cocierge we tip is the one stationed in Michael's Club when we are in a celebrity suite or above.