Has anyone accidentally wandered into an off-limits area?

smellycruzer

No, not accidentally. I think I would notice immediately.

Once, while on a cruise, one of my friends met up with an ACD who she knew (from before the woman worked for Princess) and the ACD took us on a tour of the crew quarters. She showed us her cabin and other areas. It was very interesting.

No, not accidentally. I think I would notice immediately.

Once, while on a cruise, one of my friends met up with an ACD who she knew (from before the woman worked for Princess) and the ACD took us on a tour of the crew quarters. She showed us her cabin and other areas. It was very interesting.

Just curious, what was the ACD's cabin like?

If you want to get an in depth look at the life of the crew on a cruise ship, read the books by Brian David Bruns. Cruise Confidential or Ship For Brains. He became a waiter on a Carnival ship to be closer to his girlfriend, who wound up on a different ship. After that contract was up, he went to RCI. Fascinating look at what goes on behind the scenes.

We were on the Caribbean in a stern room. When we went to muster the cabin steward had us use a stairway very near our cabin to go down to our muster station and return. While it certainly was not the crew quarters, it was rather stark and all metal used by only the crew.

Golly, I have been on a lot of cruises and have never even been close to entering an area not for cruise guest only (unless invited to an thorough ships tour on the Fairwind, which I took). There is no way to just wander into a crew area by mistake, unless your mistakes are on purpose. So if you enter a crew only area in error, how in the world did you find the pier.

Actually I have been in the "Crew Quarters", don't know exactly how it happened, but got on an elevator and when it opened I was in the Crew's

quartres! Just got back on and pushed a button to go up. Figured the crew

were using that particular elevator to get something from there to the level I had got on and forgot to change something in the settings. Believe me,we as

passengers have much better decor then the staff.

Sounds like a fun experience!

On a related note, isn't everyone here curious just to see a little more? Even if you know it's a crew area, don't you just want to stumble in and see the "behind the scenes" part of the ship?

IMO, the UST lacks quite a few spots on the ship that I would like to see up close and personal. Anyone else feel that way?

Yes.

I walked into the ladies' room once by mistake, I wasn't paying attention and went through the door on the left rather than the right... :eek:

Many a times when I was young and couldn't read the sign.

Just after the Muster Station Drill on Grand Princess we were all told to go back to cabins to return life jackets. To make this quicker we were told, along with everybody else to use the emergency stairs which were usually "crew only"...

I have experienced this also. I recall the crew area had plain white walls and vinyl flooring, very different from the passenger areas.