back to back

delidan

Your cruise card will have a start and end date that will cover both segments.

If your turnaround day is at a USA port you will likely be required to get off of the ship at some point to satisfy immigration requirements. If you have not left on your own (Princess excursion, tour on your own, etc.) by around 10 AM, you will meet at announced time and place to be led off as a group and then back onto the ship once the passenger count has been zeroed.

Your cabin account can be carried over to the second segment instead of being closed out on the first segment.

You will not be required to attend the muster drill for the second segment.

A letter with the information you need will be delivered to your cabin a couple of days before the end of the first segment.

Your cabin steward will appreciate it if you let him/her know on turnaround day he can work on your cabin after he has done the cabins for the new passengers.

If you are in traditional dining, you will be asked before the end of the first segment if you would like the same table for the second segment.

If you back to back is booked as one cruise you will get a mini-bar restock at the beginning of the 2nd cruise as well as the other perks, however you will not get a second set of internet minutes. If it is booked as 2 separate cruises then you will get a 2nd set of internet minutes however there is no carry over of any unused minutes. As for the zeroing out of the ship in a US port how it is done seems to depend on the number of in-transit passengers and how the CBP wants to handle it. It January on a b/b/b on one leg there were almost 1,000 in-transit pax so everyone met in a dining room and were led ashore where there was a cursory inspection of passports. At the beginning of the 3 leg there were far fewer in-transit people and CBP came aboard where there was a cursory inspection of peoples' passports in a dining venue.

If it is booked as 2 separate cruises then you will get a 2nd set of internet minutes however there is no carry over of any unused minutes

A year ago on Royal we had a cruise of 18 days, which turned out to be a B2B of 15 followed by 3. I wound up with quite a few unused internet minutes that did roll over to the second leg, and then minutes added for the 3 days. Never did use them all.

We were also surprised by a second lineup of mini-bar bottles.

Steve

If it is booked as 2 separate cruises then you will get a 2nd set of internet minutes however there is no carry over of any unused minutes

A year ago on Royal we had a cruise of 18 days, which turned out to be a B2B of 15 followed by 3. I wound up with quite a few unused internet minutes that did roll over to the second leg, and then minutes added for the 3 days. Never did use them all.

Steve

Our minutes carried over as well.

Steve

We have also gotten two awards on a b2b, even if booked as one cruise

Steve

Same thing happened to us but since then I've heard they fixed that glitch & the counter resets to zero each segment. :(

Sometimes, and I say sometimes, on the last night of a segment the duty free shop will sell duty free bottles of alcohol for carry out. It is supposed to be only for those passengers who are disembarking, but they don't always check. Just sayin ...

I can only base it on July/Aug of last year out of Southampton. Both I and my wife's internet minutes did roll over to the next cruise. Haven't cruised since so don't know if they "fixed" this "problem".

In April of this year, aboard the Coral Princess, our unused minutes from the first leg rolled over to the second leg.

Sometimes, and I say sometimes, on the last night of a segment the duty free shop will sell duty free bottles of alcohol for carry out. It is supposed to be only for those passengers who are disembarking, but they don't always check. Just sayin ...

That is when I get by with a little help from my friends.

Its has worked well for us. ;)

Same thing happened to us but since then I've heard they fixed that glitch & the counter resets to zero each segment.

Oh! Poo!

It was a weird cruise we were on. They had 15, 18, 22, & , & maybe 25 day choices. We were going to do 15 and get off at Copenhagen but then decided to see Norway, Sweden, & Germany. Had no idea it was treated as a B2B.

Steve

Hmmm, that's good to know. We're on a b2b to Alaska, booked as two separate cruises. How does bringing wine on board work? Can we bring two bottles each at the start of 1st leg or have to go with two at first leg and two on second leg (would have to try and find wine in Whittier)?

We've taken two b2b cruises. For one, we got to book the same cabin for both cruise. For the other, we had to switch. For the one where we kept the same cabin, our Internet minutes rolled over. For the other b2b, we were able to use our minutes from the first cruise until around noon on turnaround day.

As for wine, some people have reported successfully being able to bring on wine for the second cruise on the first cruise without paying corkage. I've read at least one report where the cruise line stored the wine for the second cruise, delivering it to them after the first cruise was finished.