Royal Caribbean / Galveston

Sure wish Royal Caribbean would offer a 11 day out of Galveston like Carnival Cruise Lines, that takes in Costa Rica. Right now RCCL just repeating the same ports over and over again. Anyone know why they don't?

There is a very tempting 9 night coming up:

November 13, 2015 - 9 Night tour Of The Western Caribbean -

Cruise Line: Royal Caribbean Royal Caribbean

Ship: Liberty of the Seas

Departs: Galveston - Texas - Friday, November 13, 2015

Returns: Galveston - Texas - Sunday, November 22, 2015

11/13 Galveston - Texas

(Depart 04:30 PM)

11/14 Cruising

11/15 Cruising

11/16 Falmouth - Jamaica

(09:00 AM - 05:30 PM)

11/17 George Town - Grand Cayman

(07:00 AM - 04:00 PM)

11/18 Roatan - Honduras

(10:00 AM - 06:00 PM)

11/19 Puerto Costa Maya - Mexico

(08:00 AM - 05:00 PM)

11/20 Cozumel - Mexico

(07:00 AM - 04:00 PM)

11/21 Cruising

11/22 Galveston - Texas

(Arrive 07:00 AM)

We are booked for November 13. They don't come around that often. I wish there were longer options too but let's face it, most can't afford the time or money the longer cruises take. Still a couple of times a year it would be nice to take a two week block and do maybe a 10 night with another four night from Galveston. Sometimes I also wish RCL had a short cruise out of that port when you'd just like a quick get away.

Sometimes I also wish RCL had a short cruise out of that port when you'd just like a quick get away.

x2 We just booked Enchantment for a "quick get away" out of Port Canaveral. Got a great deal including flight, but would much rather drive down to Galveston for the 3 or 4 nighters.

I can't imagine that they get that many repeat cruisers out of Galveston since the ports rarely change. Most Texans that cruise have already taken land vacations to most of those ports anyway.

There are lots of repeat cruisers out of Galveston, including us. We see many familiar faces each time we cruise from there. The point for the repeaters is the cruise experience, not the ports. Also NOS has an unusally friendly and attentive staff.

There are lots of repeat cruisers out of Galveston, including us. We see many familiar faces each time we cruise from there. The point for the repeaters is the cruise experience, not the ports. Also NOS has an unusally friendly and attentive staff.

Agree, we don't have to fly anywhere either:D

We are also repeat cruisers out of Houston (including Galveston). In that RCCL seems to only do the Western Caribbean, we look for good ships. We went out of Galveston on May 3rd on the Navigator and had a great cruise. We didn't get off the ship for the most part. I don't have much interest in Jamaica or Cozumel and no interest in other ports like Belize. I would also really like to see RCCL do the Eastern or Southern Caribbean. I am sure they wouldn't have any problem filling up 10-12 day cruises to those regions. How about the Panama Canal? Instead of spending millions on ports like Falmouth, Jamaica - I'd like to see them invest in smoothing out their operations in the Galveston Port.

I can't imagine that they get that many repeat cruisers out of Galveston since the ports rarely change. Most Texans that cruise have already taken land vacations to most of those ports anyway.

every single person we met on our NAV cruise was a multiple repeater. Many combine a few days in Galveston pre/post cruise as well. hell a few lived in Galveston and cruised monthly.

We are also repeat cruisers out of Houston (including Galveston). In that RCCL seems to only do the Western Caribbean, we look for good ships. We went out of Galveston on May 3rd on the Navigator and had a great cruise. We didn't get off the ship for the most part. I don't have much interest in Jamaica or Cozumel and no interest in other ports like Belize. I would also really like to see RCCL do the Eastern or Southern Caribbean. I am sure they wouldn't have any problem filling up 10-12 day cruises to those regions. How about the Panama Canal? Instead of spending millions on ports like Falmouth, Jamaica - I'd like to see them invest in smoothing out their operations in the Galveston Port.

I agree a 10-12 night would be awesome! I wanted to do the Jamaica/GC itinerary out of Galveston but I found it out of Port Canaveral and it included Labadee. Royal needs to give us some variety.

We'd love to go back down to galveston if they'd change up their itineraries. check in and debark were great for us and it's only a 7-8hr drive. practically parked right outside the terminal. we have no interest in RCI's current ports from there and we are new to the cruising thing so we're wanting to see more new ports before making the ship our vacation destination.

Sometimes I also wish RCL had a short cruise out of that port when you'd just like a quick get away.

This is exactly what I would like to see RCCL do also. I am so scared of Carnival. It was the Carnival ship out of Galveston that does short trips that got stuck out at sea and toilet water was everywhere. I work too hard to spend my money like that:eek:

It would be fun to have a RC ship to get on out of Galveston that would go to Cozumel and come back like Carnival.

I also wonder if it is possible to get to Labadee from Galveston?

We are repeat cruisers out of Galveston too, living only 3 hours away. It definitely is much more stress-free to only drive 3 hours and hop onboard, but every summer we contemplate driving to Florida to go to more exotic ports (St.Thomas, Aruba, San Juan, etc). We decided again this summer it was worth the drive to Florida to go to some new ports, just like we have the past 2 summers to go on Allure and Oasis.

We went on Navigator though in December and LOVED it! We have also been on Carnival Triumph. I would definitely like more variety out of Galveston, I think the port is becoming more and more popular as more repeat cruisers come up. I think Royal will follow soon- Carnival has recently added a 3rd ship and their recently new ship, Carnival Breeze, is relocating to Galveston in late 2016. Interested to see what happens.

Looking forward to our first cruise out of Galveston on NOS in October so it is heartening to see so many posts from repeat Galveston cruisers, one poster noted NOS has an especially friendly and attentive staff - always a good thing to hear!

I'm curious if repeat Galveston cruisers have given direct feedback to RCCL regarding more ports, varied length cruises and what, if any, response from RCCL? What are the chances that Royal's long range planning staff already have something on the drawing board considering this very popular port and loyal following along with increased competition from Carnival and Disney?

Hoping to become a repeat Galveston cruiser!