Mykonos

snowyboy

It can be either, dock or tender.

The two times we were in Mykonos, in Sept. on S class and once on M class ship in November, we were docked.

Do not know what criteria they use for the two options.

We've been to Mykonos twice. The first time our schedule showed that we would be tendered, but were in fact docked. Second time we were scheduled to dock and were indeed docked. Think it just depends and you can't even really tell which it is going to be until the day!!

We docked on the Equinox. There were buses to take us to town, but we had to buy a ticket for around $10 RD trip per person.

The bus is an incredible rip off because the distance is short and they leave you at the very edge of town....but you're a captive audience. Some walk, but it's a bit hilly, as I recall there's no real sidewalk and while it's a short distance for a bus, it's not so short if you're walking.

Were i visiting again (been there twice), I'd prefer tendering which takes you right into town.

We also were scheduled to dock, but ended up tendering. Others who had visited before said we were much better off, the tender drops you right in town and you get a lovely view of the island from the ship anchored offshore. However, it ended up being a pretty long walk around the harbor to the tour buses --- Celebrity offered to refund any excursions if cruisers didn't want to do that walk.

Edited by cynbar

Can anyone help answer at Mykonos does the ship dock or is it a tender port if tender where is the drop off ?

We are on Equinox, the cruise prior to yours.

Our cruise itinerary says "Tender" for Mykonos, maybe check your itinerary, although they can change from time to time.

Our cruise itinerary says "Tender" for Mykonos, maybe check your itinerary, although they can change from time to time.

Thanks ours also say tender.

Question how do you get all your cruises in box like that tight together I tried without success.

Thanks ours also say tender.

Question how do you get all your cruises in box like that tight together I tried without success.

You need to go to the "edit signature" section and then delete out all the spaces . Took me a bit of trial and error.

If you check the port loads you can see how many other ships are on Mykonos that day. It is a good bet that the first ship due in will get the one and only dock.:cool:

I checked your cruise and I think you are alone on 22/9 so you should be docked.:)

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Greece/446-Mykonos/September_2015/

We are just back from the 21 May cruise on Equinox, we tendered at Mykynos, took about 10 minutes, dropped us at the pier, right in town, celebrity set up their drinks, cold towels station at the start of The pier. It was a very easy fun tender.

We have been to Mykonos twice, first time tendering, second time docked.

The tendering takes you right to the downtown pier, while you are docked about a mile from town.

This is one port where I think tendering actually beats docking.

Likely you will tender, because there are 4 other ships in port with you. Connie is due in an hour before Equinox. Then there is MSC Opera, Aegean Odyssey, and Star Clipper. EM