The SteakHouse

MrsAReid

Hello. I hope everyone is having a great day. The DH and I will be traveling aboard Carnival Breeze on 11/1 and I personally want to know is the steakhouse really worth the 35 per person? My husband do not eat steak like I do so are there any other options he can choose from? Please give your honest opinions and your experience if you had dinner at the steakhouse. Also, is it true you get a FREE bottle of wine?

The complimentary bottle of wine is only if you eat in The Steakhouse on the first night of your cruise.

I am not a big steak eater myself, but they do have other entrees to choose from...the chicken is awesome, as well as the lobster ravioli. For something he may be more familiar with, they always have a fresh catch seafood entrée.

I have eaten in The Steakhouse several times, and every time it is a great experience. IMO, it is definitely worth the upcharge. Just think of it as an excursion while on the ship if you need to justify the cost. It is worth it to try at least once.

One piece of advice...the portions are large, and between the appetizer, the salad and bread, the entrée and the dessert you will be stuffed. Eat light the day you are going to better enjoy your dinner experience!

Hello. I hope everyone is having a great day. The DH and I will be traveling aboard Carnival Breeze on 11/1 and I personally want to know is the steakhouse really worth the 35 per person? My husband do not eat steak like I do so are there any other options he can choose from? Please give your honest opinions and your experience if you had dinner at the steakhouse. Also, is it true you get a FREE bottle of wine?

Even if you were a steak eater, if you can't tell the grade difference between choice select or Prime, it's a waste of money.

We did it, we enjoyed it, but we wouldn't do it again. Especially at $35 on top of a meal you've already paid and tipped for. And the service? The food still comes on plates, served from the right. No big difference from the great service you usually get down in the dining room, where you tip around $2 a meal per person. Tip in the SH is $15, and included, per person.

We did it on the Breeze. I don't recall the non-steak options, but there were some. We did get the free bottle of wine, Santa Carolina I believe it was. It was ok, nothing special.

That about sums up my opinion of the steakhouse. It was ok, but nothing special. I will add, we did it the first day and we were all very tired. Perhaps we would have had a higher opinion if we weren't so tired.

We love the Steakhouse and do it on every cruise we do a Carnival ship that has it. A more upscale, relaxing dinner in a more intimate venue. The wine that is offered on first night (and also first formal night) is a good every day type of wine. Having dined at a Steakhouse over twenty times, I recommend it hightly.

I usually go to the Steakhouse one night per week long cruise, usually the last night. There is a Chilean Sea Bass, rack of lamb, and chicken entrée for the non steak diners.

The appetizers and entrées are far superior to what you can get in the MDR. Only you can decide if the extra charge is worth it. Obviously, I do, at least for that one night in 7.

Free wine is not my cup of tea if you will, so I won't comment on that.

We go to the steakhouse twice each 7 night cruise, and feel it's well worth the $70.00 total, plus tip.

I know they have seafood options as well as chicken.

Like the others have said, the portions are huge!

As for the wine, we just got off the Pride and the free bottle is offered the first two nights of the cruise. Also, if you don't like the free wine, you can choose any bottle and get 50% off. We enjoyed a nice pinot grigio the first night.

We love the Steakhouse and do it on every cruise we do a Carnival ship that has it. A more upscale, relaxing dinner in a more intimate venue. The wine that is offered on first night (and also first formal night) is a good every day type of wine. Having dined at a Steakhouse over twenty times, I recommend it hightly.

hightly???:):)

Thank You Everyone! You all have been truly helpful.

I'll add, I had the cheesecake for dessert. It is huge and very good. It is more Philadelphia style than New York style, as are all Carnival cheesecakes. Very light. Personally I prefer the denser New York style, but still tasty.

I'll add, I had the cheesecake for dessert. It is huge and very good. It is more Philadelphia style than New York style, as are all Carnival cheesecakes. Very light. Personally I prefer the denser New York style, but still tasty.

I am usually to stuffed to even entertain the cheesecake, but I do love to see people's faces when they bring it out. I do really enjoy their ice cream, such exotic flavors.

I am usually to stuffed to even entertain the cheesecake, but I do love to see people's faces when they bring it out. I do really enjoy their ice cream, such exotic flavors.

A guy at the table next to me said he won 40 bucks that I would finish the steak. I did that, but I wasn't about to finish the cheesecake.

Used to order the porterhouse but could never finish it but can finish the others.

Wish the cheesecake was NY style.

Me too. It definitely wasn't in my opinion, much too light. Fortunately they didn't label it as such on the menu. The menu in the dining rooms and the placards in the lido always just said cheesecake. That said, they do have good cheesecake.

On the FREEDOM and PRIDE, we were offered a free bottle of wine even though it wasn't on the first night. They also offer 40% off a bottle of wine of your choice if you don't want the bottle that's free.

IMO, the best bargain is Cucina del Capitano. For $12, it's a wonderful experience.

I think it is worth $35 per person. The food quality and service are top-notch. There are alternatives to steak--everything from lobster to lamb to ravioli to pork.

http://www.carnival.com.au/~/media/CCLAU/explore/dining/menu-pdf/nouveau-menu.ashx

Edited by winddawn

Me too. It definitely wasn't in my opinion, much too light. Fortunately they didn't label it as such on the menu. The menu in the dining rooms and the placards in the lido always just said cheesecake. That said, they do have good cheesecake.

Guess we will agree to disagree on the cheesecake. Grew up on NY and other cheesecake just not worth the calories to me

Just off the Conquest, where I dined at the Steakhouse 3 nights. IMHO, definitely worth the money, food and service quality much higher than in MDR and the atmosphere is much more relaxing. Also, on a lot of the ships the Steakhouse has panoramic water views where some MDRs don't. As for the wine, it was free on the first and second nights but I prefer some of their better wines on the list so I went for the 50% off option on those nights. There are lots of non-steak options. Crab cake, lobster bisque, tuna tartare for apps,--fish, seafood ravioli and lobster tail for entrées. All of much better quality and larger portions than in MDR. Hope you enjoy!

I was on the Carnival Pride two weeks ago and had dinner at David's. I had the Surf & Turf and it was excellent. The entire meal was excellent as was the service.

The MD whispered to my wife and me that the man at the table next to us was getting ready to propose to his girlfriend. He had set it up with the MD to have the proposal written and included in the menu. The MD was taking pictures the whole time as they were looking at the menu and when she turned the menu page to the proposal, he got down on his knee and asked her to marry him. She said yes and there was lots of crying in the room (others were watching too) and we all applauded.