Anthem of the Seas - 22nd May 2015 - Canary Islands - Review / Pics / CruiseCompass's

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE REVIEW.

You writing style is excellent and easy to read. Your photos were great to see.

I totally agree about the whiners/complainers on ships. If you had been on the Quantum in December you would have heard an all time record of them.:eek:

Yeh they have Modelo in the UK, I've had it, but it still no where near as nice!

Shame really, I literally have no idea why it has stopped being imported.

I've often wondered if the originators of Dos Equis and Modelo in Mexico were Germans, because that it what those brands remind me of (and probably why I like them). The good thing about beer brands is that there are always more to try. I hope you can find some other imports you like.

Hahaha, Jesus Christ, as if this is you! Small world eh!

I loved seeing you take part it all the contests. You seem like a great guy to get on with in life.

it's a shame we hadn't met Andrew.

take it easy :)

I'm back on there with my boy and his friend in October for the weekender too :)

it's a shame we hadn't met Andrew.

take it easy :)

I'm back on there with my boy and his friend in October for the weekender too :)

Yeh I agree it would have been nice to meet you

Is that the last sailing before the Transatlantic?

I had looked at doing that too, but unfortunately going to York for the weekend for a boys drinking weekend already!

Thank you for your review very informative.

We have just booked the Anthem for late September Canaries etc.

This will be my second cruise my first in May on the Caribbean Princess to the Med.

I had read reviews on other sites that were not favorable but yours has put my mind at rest and I am really looking forward to the cruise it will be different.

My Aunt and I are in our seventies so some of the activities are beyond us but we shall enjoy watching others giving it a go. Love and embrace technology so looking forward to everything.

Thank you once more :)

We are on that cruise too. Have you joined the roll call for it yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are on that cruise too. Have you joined the roll call for it yet?

I am pretty new to cruising so not sure how the roll call works I shall look into it.

I did look up the roll call on my last cruise but everybody seemed to know one another but hey they were all first timers once.

My aunt is a veteran cruiser but on Cunard I think this ship will be a shock to her. She is young at heart and it does you good to try out new things.

Thank you for your reply x

I am pretty new to cruising so not sure how the roll call works I shall look into it.

I did look up the roll call on my last cruise but everybody seemed to know one another but hey they were all first timers once.

Hi Erinafare,

Below pls. find the link to the roll call of September 28th:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2058428&page=12

Another 100 days ....:)

Hey folks, seems like we all follow the same threads :D

You're right ... with a mediocre level of satisfaction of around 60%, we try to gather every info available from those who have been "guinea pigs" before us on the Anthem :)

And, a big THANK YOU to swoopy2110 for taking the time to do this review ++, and "prepare" us for what lays ahead :D

Hi Erinafare,

Below pls. find the link to the roll call of September 28th:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2058428&page=12

Another 100 days ....:)

Thank you for the thread I shall definitely follow it up.

We met some very nice people on last cruise especially from across the pond as it was a repositioning cruise from Fort Lauderdale.

We did anytime dining and we were happy to share tables this way we met some really interesting people. Our table was always last out of the dining room so shows we all got on fine. Happily we didn't come across any whingers or moaners perhaps because we always looked happy so they avoided us.

I see you have been on my dream cruise Caribbean/Panama. The dream is getting closer :)

Thanks for your review. Weird question, but what keeps people from grabbing someone's door key and entering? If I remember right, you said it was in the door jam.

Probably the fact that the cabin is empty at that time [emoji6]

Lähetetty minun GT-I9505 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

You're right ... with a mediocre level of satisfaction of around 60%, we try to gather every info available from those who have been "guinea pigs" before us on the Anthem :)

[/size] :D

I honestly take those numbers with a pinch of salt.

The ones that have had an 'awful' time will be the ones on there writing every negative thing possible to bring the ratings down.

I read on one of the negative reviews someone said - "The Vietnamese Tacos Picture outside Silk showed 3 Tacos. I was very disappointed to find when I ordered it they only brought two Tacos"

I mean FFS just order another one.

It's those sort of people who go on cruises just to complain afterwards.

The ones that have had an 'awful' time will be the ones on there writing every negative thing possible to bring the ratings down.

I read on one of the negative reviews someone said - "The Vietnamese Tacos Picture outside Silk showed 3 Tacos. I was very disappointed to find when I ordered it they only brought two Tacos"

I also think it takes time for a new ship to find its market. Many will try a ship as they are fans of other ships in the cruise line but with Quantum class being quite different they may not be pleased. I usually give it a year before actually believing the reviews since they tend to even out a bit more by then.

I read this review recently .... Think they gave 1 out of 5 ...... couldn't stop laughing at the 3 tacos in the picture thing ..... Disgraceful :):) HaHa .... Get a life some people !

Woke up and discovered "The Morning Show" on RCTV where Joff & Amy (Cruise Staff) tell you about what's going on today. It shows daily from midnight - noon. Found it to be a very fun show to watch on a daily basis. Fully recommend you watch it.

Today we had RipCord by iFly booked at 11.20am. Wasn't sure what to expect, but it looked like it would be enjoyable (also thought it would be best going early in the cruise so there was no chance I'd be over the weight limit by the end!). I heard them say they were booked up for the next 5 days, so I'd fully recommend you book this in advance.

You are weighed, and then watch a safety and demonstration video first, before you are suited up and walk up the stairs to RipCord. You get a 1 minute complementary session, and I think you can pay for further sessions if you wish.

You have to keep your head and arms up, then fall into the air stream, which instantly pushes you back up. I found it quite difficult to keep myself up at first, but the instructor who is in the device with you guide you with arm motions on what you need to do. It was a very bizarre but for experience. As you are only an amateur at it, they don't take you up high and you are very close to the ground. I noticed that later in the week, certain instructors were taking the young kids up to the top and back down again which would be nice for them (I wish I was that age!).

11391493_10207282021034708_5043970530428321488_n.jpg?oh=3a8ad8e4111c38017b3cb04f82107149&oe=56031E9E&__gda__=1441460844_b89ae4d1ae076867c55602a892f80f77

As you can see, it does wonders for your looks!

We then went to the Windjammer for lunch again, before going to sit outside to read / listen to music / relax.

We both went in the pool mid-afternoon. We were he only ones! It was freezing! I always find the best way to get over the coldness is to just jump in and let your body sort itself out.

After getting out of the pool, we watched some of the kids on the Flying Trapeze in the SeaPlex. I'm not sure many of them understood what they were doing, but they looked like they were having fun.

Dinner tonight was at American Icon, 7.30pm again (I know I said American Icon yesterday, I actually meant Chic!).

Tonight they had the full menu on offer. The Crab Cakes are one of my favorite things to get on a Cruise Ship and I'm glad they had them here. The warm cookie desert was also lovely, and very soft!

After dinner, we again went to watch Karaoke, in the Music Hall Tonight (again just trying to get our bearings round the ship, and explore the different venues), before going to Boleros for some late night music. Both of us were much more awake tonight!

Cruise Compass - Day 2

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc20/6049/day-2-cruise-compass-pdf-1-8-meg?da=y

The part about doing iFly first made me laugh lol. What is the weight limit ?

Hey thanks for yr detailed review....can you tell me the weight limit on the rip cord I fly?...many thanks

Weight limit is 250, and niot 251, my husband was told very rudely and publicly that he could not go on after being told not to worry because his height would compensate he is 6 feet 4 inches.

• 3 weeks later...

When I was on Enchantment in 2012, they had Boleros. I was there every night. I especially like that you could request songs to be played. Is this true on Anthem? I liked all the line dancing tunes like the Wobble, Cupid Shuffle, The Electric Slide and the Cha Cha Slide. Did they play those songs on Anthem? I will be on Anthem this Nov. and looking to frequent Boleros and dance up a storm!

Thank you so much for your review. Please share your experience in the Puzzle Break Room.

It was great fun ..

Can't reveal too much as it'll give the game away.

But you all had to work together. All had to solve puzzles. Find things in the room to solve the game.

Given the small room, there was a lot hidden. I was glad we solved it :)

When I was on Enchantment in 2012, they had Boleros. I was there every night. I especially like that you could request songs to be played. Is this true on Anthem? I liked all the line dancing tunes like the Wobble, Cupid Shuffle, The Electric Slide and the Cha Cha Slide. Did they play those songs on Anthem? I will be on Anthem this Nov. and looking to frequent Boleros and dance up a storm!

Boleros on Anthem is just like that and will be your new home. Enjoy.