Portable fans??

Hey all,

Can I bring a portable fan on the Navigator?? I always sleep with a fan at home and have heard through the grapevine that they may not let me on board with one and might confiscate it. Is this the case?

They were confiscating electric fans on our May Navigator cruise. They also told us they no longer deliver fans to the rooms.

I agree with Bob that battery operated fans should be fine.

This is the fan I have brought on several trips! No issues and works great!

57d561a5e5dce2af7cc7ff0c56a161de.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Travelon-Speed-Personal-Folding-Fan/dp/B0050JBUUK/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1433751072&sr=8-10&keywords=battery+fan&pebp=1433751087050&perid=14H56EPV78D6MYGZY4Y9

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

If you use it mostly for the sound, there is an app available for both Apple and Android smartphones called Whitenoise. It has multiple types of noises including box and oscillating fans. It costs about 2 to 3 dollars for the full version. I'm not sure if the 'free', trial version includes them or not but certainly worth checking out. We've used it many times on cruises and at home. You can adjust the volume to suit your environment.

Hope this helps and have a great cruise!

Brig

I always take a small 6" plug-in fan in my checked luggage and have never been stopped or questioned about it.

The fan is all plastic (except for the motor) which makes it almost invisible on an X-Ray machine.

i have always brought an elect fan and packed it away in my suitcase, my last cruise was may 2014. i will say i was gonna bring two fans and the one that I was just gonna check in, they said it was too big, so they said after trip, i can pick it up - and did and it was bigger, they said small fan was ok

I take this 10" fan. Packs easy. Power pack disconnects from it (pack it separate) and fan can run on batteries. Have never had an issue. Moves air really well, even has a USB port for charging. About $20 at Target or BBB

http://www.o2-cool.com/10-Inch-Portable-Fan-with-USB-Power-Port-AC-Adapter-FD10002AU?page_id=845

I bring a 10 inch electric fan. I use mine for airflow ALL night long (hot flashes), and it's much lighter than a fan that takes tons of batteries! Batteries will not run all night for 7 nights.....so electric, it is!

I have also traveled with a small desktop fan (about 5 inches) when space was tight...both create the airflow that I need....both are electric and are fine.

I always take a small 6" plug-in fan in my checked luggage and have never been stopped or questioned about it.

The fan is all plastic (except for the motor) which makes it almost invisible on an X-Ray machine.

Same for us, never had it questioned by any cruise line or airport but that doesn't mean the rules cant/haven't changed and they might now be looking for them.

I purchased one of these for a cruise in which I book an interior room. I'm a little claustrophobic and felt that small air movement would help. It worked like a charm! Adjustable head and multiple speed fan.

Hey all,

Can I bring a portable fan on the Navigator?? I always sleep with a fan at home and have heard through the grapevine that they may not let me on board with one and might confiscate it. Is this the case?

I never cruise without my little electric fan! Fits in my carryon. :D