Tuesday's Press Release ????

Usually there are pretty accurate rumors that foretell what an announcement will be. There were several articles on the internet that were pretty accurate on last week's announcement about the new cruise line that would be targeted on helping people on islands.

I am just guessing, but I wonder if the announcement will be about limiting carry-on beverages.

My second guess would be an announcement about somehow integrating the loyalty programs on the Carnival corporation lines. At one time JH a had said "something may be coming down the pike" when someone asked; however, that has been quite a while ago.

Any other guesses?

Edited by kteachcruiser52

Not another announcement about an announcement!:mad:

Yes, another one. I think they saying this one is a press release. JH a said he will be on FB to answer questions and listen to comments after the press release. This makes me think it will not be a popular announcement.

Usually there are pretty accurate rumors that foretell what an announcement will be. There were several articles on the internet that were pretty accurate on last week's announcement about the new cruise line that would be targeted on helping people on islands.

I am just guessing, but I wonder if the announcement will be about limiting carry-on beverages.

My guess is: In order to expedite the boarding process beverages will no longer be allowed to be carried on.

My second guess would be an announcement about somehow integrating the loyalty programs on the Carnival corporation lines. At one time JH a had said "something may be coming down the pike" when someone asked; however, that has been quite a while ago.

It was asked two weeks ago and my bet is no decision on this for quite a while.

My guess is: In order to expedite the boarding process beverages will no longer be allowed to be carried on.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the no beverages allowed to be carried on. That could be why they lowered the price on a 12 pack of water from the fun shops online to $2.99.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the no beverages allowed to be carried on. That could be why they lowered the price on a 12 pack of water from the fun shops online to $2.99.

That was my thought as well!

Any other guesses?

I wish Carnival Corp would integrate the individual loyalty programs. My guess is if they do they will set the level thresholds higher though.

Then they better have a bar open 24/7! When I wake up at 4:3oam I want my Dr Pepper! :mad:

Edited by mediccruzin

The combining of the loyalty programs across brand lines on the public face end is still a long ways off...the first phase will be focus on the "back room" (vendors, accounting, safety, fleetwide standards, joint advertising etc) synergy aspects that will not be as noticeable to the public

As far as the pending announcement on Thursday, I suspect it will probably be focused in an area to rebuild the brand image caused by the recent setbacks....look for a marketing tie in to a major sporting event or an expansion of Carnival LIVE partnership with major summer music Festivals with Carnival following the NCL/Sixthman partnership dedicating the Fantasy Class vessels to host more music charters to support the music marketing efforts by acquiring a major international travel agency that specializes in groups

The other guess is a partnership with one of the major US River (or Paddlewheel) Cruise Companies

The combining of the loyalty programs across brand lines on the public face end is still a long ways off...the first phase will be focus on the "back room" (vendors, accounting, safety, fleetwide standards, joint advertising etc) synergy aspects that will not be as noticeable to the public

As far as the pending announcement on Thursday, I suspect it will probably be focused in an area to rebuild the brand image caused by the recent setbacks....look for a marketing tie in to a major sporting event or an expansion of Carnival LIVE partnership with major summer music Festivals with Carnival following the NCL/Sixthman partnership dedicating the Fantasy Class vessels to host more music charters to support the music marketing efforts by acquiring a major international travel agency that specializes in groups

The other guess is a partnership with one of the major US River (or Paddlewheel) Cruise Companies

Other cruise lines have been able to have their loyalty programs for all their brands. Why should it be so hard for Carnivsl to do it?

Other cruise lines have been able to have their loyalty programs for all their brands. Why should it be so hard for Carnivsl to do it?

Hopefully it is on the way but think we will not see it for some time. They should want their younger cruisers to move upward to Princess and HA as they get older and have more income.

For starters Carnival Corporation has 10 separate Cruise Line Brands which impacts more than twice as many participants then the other two major Cruise Corporations (NCL, RCI) combined....with a much larger worldwide network....makes synergy alot more challenging

During the 50's General Motors Corporation had a vision to capture a car buyer for life thru moving up thru the brands (Chevy to Cadillacs) to mirror increase income level and family size...Carnival Corporation is probably looking at the same playbook from Carnival to Seabourn....Carnival Vista is very family friendly (with small kids)...by assigning a 7 year old a loyalty # that can be used across 10 brands for their entire cruising lifetime is a powerful incentive for brand loyalty

I would think the biggest challenge to overcome for Chairman Arnold is internal (convince employees of each cruise line of the cross brand vision, first) before even attempting to roll it out to the general public..if one follows the boards and threads on CC , almost any slight change brings an initial outpour of resistance before cruisers even board their next cruise...followed by gradual accecptance...combining loyalty programs across brand lines would require "grandfathering clauses" which would not make anybody totally happy...the better approach IMHO, would introduce a program to a first time cruiser regardless of which Carnival Corporation Brand Cruise Line they choose and regardless of the age on their first cruise...that would change the paradyms, target marketing programs and demographics to a younger generation (20's-30's) which the new mega ships are designed to attract

If it is (will be) then it would put them in line with our cruise lines.....

Many more cruise line companies to integrate with, and a wide variety of plans (ways of accumulating points, how to use them etc.). Don't see this happening anytime soon (although I would love to see it).

Many more cruise line companies to integrate with, and a wide variety of plans (ways of accumulating points, how to use them etc.). Don't see this happening anytime soon (although I would love to see it).

If they do it and think they will in near future, they would start with say CCL, HA and than Princess and than extend it over time

We just booked a back to back last night.....my Mom might rage if she can't take on her bottle of wine.

I'm not sure how that would expedite the process. When we boarded last year I suppose we held up the line for 10 seconds or so because the lady checking didn't know what Root beer was. But for the most part I'd think it wouldn't be that big of an issue.

But that sure would be disappointing if they no longer allowed beverages to be carried on.

I do also find it kinda odd that they'd announce an announcement for something bad. I follow a lot of tech stuff and idr anybody ever announcing that they'd announce something later and then that being negative. Usually I'd think you'd just come out and say you're changing policies.

But then again I don't follow the cruise news that much so maybe it's normal for Carnival to do so.

If they do it and think they will in near future, they would start with say CCL, HA and than Princess and than extend it over time

Shouldn't be that hard to do it for the ones there sail primarily out of North American ports and then slowly integrate the other lines. We have no desire to sail from Europe or any other cooler climates. I spent enough time in colder climates in my younger days.

It's doubtful to me that Carnival would use this message to advertise it all over the media. Seems like an announcement like that would be put on their web page instead of all over the media. It would really make Carnival look like a money hungry Grinch.

I do think tomorrow's announcement will be about the beverage program. Someone named Linda posted to JH's page asking if the $2.99 water was purified or spring water. He answered it was spring water and she would hear more about that tomorrow at 11:00.

i wonder if there will be changes to just water or if wine and pop will be changed, too.

If it is (will be) then it would put them in line with our cruise lines.....

NCL let us take water and pop on board. I think RCCL official policy is no beverages, but they did not say a thing when we took 12 bottles of Coke per person on the Liberty of the Seas.

I have not sailed on Princess, but someone posted they let you take unlimited water and pop.

Edited by kteachcruiser52

It's doubtful to me that Carnival would use this message to advertise it all over the media. Seems like an announcement like that would be put on their web page instead of all over the media. It would really make Carnival look like a money hungry Grinch.

I'd have to smuggle dr pepper instead of rum :eek:

I do think tomorrow's announcement will be about the beverage program. Someone named Linda posted to JH's page asking if the $2.99 water was purified or spring water. He answered it was spring water and she would hear more about that tomorrow at 11:00.

i wonder if there will be changes to just water or if wine and pop will be changed, too.

Maybe this will stop the smuggling of vodka in water bottles if one has to purchase the water on board. We met someone who smuggled vodka in water bottles, he placed the vodka filled water bottles in the middle of the case and he got caught. However, he smuggled large bottles of vodka in his checked bag and didn't get caught. If they're trying to stop smuggling, it will be a tougher thing to do where there's tons of passengers and luggage.

Edited by elliair

NCL let us take water and pop on board. I think RCCL official policy is no beverages, but they did not say a thing when we took 12 bottles of Coke per person on the Liberty of the Seas.

I have not sailed on Princess, but someone posted they let you take unlimited water and pop.

True, I was thinking specifically of RCL