Tuesday's Press Release ????

Maybe this will stop the smuggling of vodka in water bottles if one has to purchase the water on board. We met someone who smuggled vodka in water bottles, he placed the vodka filled water bottles in the middle of the case and he got caught. However, he smuggled large bottles of vodka in his checked bag and didn't get caught. If they're trying to stop smuggling, it will be a tougher thing to do where there's tons of passengers and luggage.

Guess they were too cheap to use rum runners?

I haven't smuggled liquor on board since 2009. But I do love to bring my one bottle of wine on board. I hope they don't discontinue that policy:( But if they do, and then lowered the prices of bottles of wine to purchase on board, then that might be ok with me depending on the price.

Oh here we go speculating again; guess we have to wait till tomorrow, or whenever the announcement does eventually get made.

We just booked a back to back last night.....my Mom might rage if she can't take on her bottle of wine. I am hoping this does not change as well.

I'm not sure how that would expedite the process. When we boarded last year I suppose we held up the line for 10 seconds or so because the lady checking didn't know what Root beer was. But for the most part I'd think it wouldn't be that big of an issue. Big difference between checking cans of Root Beer and checking each water bottle individually to see if it is vodka.

I do also find it kinda odd that they'd announce an announcement for something bad. I follow a lot of tech stuff and idr anybody ever announcing that they'd announce something later and then that being negative. Usually I'd think you'd just come out and say you're changing policies.

This is exactly what happened with the Gold's being uninvited from the Past Guest Party.

I haven't smuggled liquor on board since 2009. But I do love to bring my one bottle of wine on board. I hope they don't discontinue that policy:( But if they do, and then lowered the prices of bottles of wine to purchase on board, then that might be ok with me depending on the price.

Oh here we go speculating again; guess we have to wait till tomorrow, or whenever the announcement does eventually get made.

Am I guessing? Absolutely but even I can follow this bouncing ball. Carnival doesn't lower the prices out of the kindness of their hearts and CCLMischelle spent a lot of time here over the weekend answering questions about the $2.99 water.

Big difference between checking cans of Root Beer and checking each water bottle individually to see if it is vodka.

Ok, that makes sense. Hopefully they only change that policy. I don't smuggle alcohol anyway so it wouldn't affect me in any way except I'd actually buy the water for our trips so I have some in the room.

I think if they're only changing that part then it's probably a pretty good change. I bought 2 cases of water that I normally never would have thought about getting at normal insanely high prices.

I for one hope they don't change the policy of bringing sodas on board. Not everyone drinks Coke, and to force someone to do so for the duration of their cruise is cruel and unusual punishment.

Please let me bring my Pepsi:)!!

I bring Crystal Light packets of flavored drinks. They don't have too many options for sugar free drinks at the buffet, and I don't want to purchase a soda card. I wonder if that would be disallowed and how could they enforce it? I see a lot of smugglers in the future.

I for one hope they don't change the policy of bringing sodas on board. Not everyone drinks Coke, and to force someone to do so for the duration of their cruise is cruel and unusual punishment.

For me it's not so much the brand, but the time. Since I wake up at 4:30am every day and I get my caffeine out of a can and it can't be found at that time it would not start my day very well.

Maybe they are revamping their entire beverage system? Most likely going to make it better but also comes with the elimination of carry on beverages.

If "better" means lower prices to purchase those items on board (ie; in line with the recent new pricing of bottled water), then that would be fine with me.

For me; a bottle of santa carolina wine on board costs 27.50. At home it costs me less than 10.00. So I am paying at least a 200pc mark up to purchase a bottle of wine on board. If that bottle of wine were closer to 20.00, and preferably under 20.00, then there is no way I will schlep one on board with me to save 10.00. In fact I might purchase a bottle of wine a day on my cruise.

I know there is more to it than just wine, but this just one example of how they/Carnival could sell more at a lower rate, and still probably make a better profit. JMHO.

And one more thing; again this just me; at home and or while not on vacation, I don't drink alcohol for weeks on end. When I vacation, I am not driving, so I like to splurge a bit. But believe me; when the policies and prices become prohibitive for me; I can also go a full cruise without consuming much if any alcohol.

Edited by SMSACE6

I bring Crystal Light packets of flavored drinks. They don't have too many options for sugar free drinks at the buffet, and I don't want to purchase a soda card. I wonder if that would be disallowed and how could they enforce it? I see a lot of smugglers in the future.

I take Crystal Light, too. On occasion, I have even put it in my water in the MDR. I do not think they would even try to stop you from bringing that onboard. It is no different than the bag of chocolates I take with me. I like my bottles of pop very cold and do not like ice in my pop. The room steward fills a little cooler with ice and we put 4 bottles of pop in it.

Cant see how they could disallow packs of flavored drinks.

Totally agree!!

I'm totally fine with disallowing water to be carried on. Hey, even soda. But mess with my champagne and I'll be upset. I love my mimosa with room service in bed. It means "I have zero responsibility today, I'm drinking before my feet touch the floor!"

For me it's not so much the brand, but the time. Since I wake up at 4:30am every day and I get my caffeine out of a can and it can't be found at that time it would not start my day very well.

I am up every day at 5 but at least we drink coffee. Bringing DW her coffee in bed makes for a much better day for me.

Usually there are pretty accurate rumors that foretell what an announcement will be. There were several articles on the internet that were pretty accurate on last week's announcement about the new cruise line that would be targeted on helping people on islands.

I am just guessing, but I wonder if the announcement will be about limiting carry-on beverages.

My second guess would be an announcement about somehow integrating the loyalty programs on the Carnival corporation lines. At one time JH a had said "something may be coming down the pike" when someone asked; however, that has been quite a while ago.

Any other guesses?

Whatever it is, it's not gonna be good. JH announced he would be around to "help". That reeks cutback.

Would be terrible if they stopped allowing beverages including wine to be carried on. Huge uproar.

Carnival seems to have a death wish to just donate their business to the competition, in addition to having a lot of Facebook posters telling others to cruise another line.

Other cruise lines have been able to have their loyalty programs for all their brands. Why should it be so hard for Carnivsl to do it?

Took them 3 years to launch the original peice of crap they put out, and have been doing nothing by further damaging it as time goes on. The last one was a slap in the face to their core customer.

I do think they will do away with allowing water to be brought onboard. I do think it takes them time to shake the bottles etc. I don't believe they will stop allowing the bottle of wine though.

I am though thinking they will start charging a corkage fee for every bottle brought on. I think NCL does that now and yesterday on John's quick fire there was a question about whether or not a corkage fee was charged for the wine personally brought onboard.

I guess, we will soon find out ---that is unless the date changes as has happened in the past.

Took them 3 years to launch the original peice of crap they put out, and have been doing nothing by further damaging it as time goes on. The last one was a slap in the face to their core customer.

:D yeah they seem to be having issue with the one they have.

Carnival seems to have a death wish to just donate their business to the competition, in addition to having a lot of Facebook posters telling others to cruise another line.

They are still the cheapest game in town for when we can cruise, soooo.......;)

Want to talk about a slap in the face? I have 2 Journeys cruises booked and paid almost $4,000 for them. Now I hear people saying they are getting VIFP offers for them for free. That is a slap in the face. After these cruises, I think my Carnival days are over.