Bringing Wine on Board

eyelovcrusin

Hello,

We have on several occasions found staff standing at the door to the MDR with a tray as well...However, they took our drinks, carried them to our table for us, waited until we were seated, and placed the drinks in front of us...Great service indeed !

BBL

I had the same experience on a few occasions. (Infinity South American cruise 2012) Usually they simply let you carry it to the table yourself. I never felt any sense of MDR staff disapproval.

It's been years since I last cruised, and the beverage package is new to me. We'll be staying in a Sky Suite and have a beverage promo. Is it true that it doesn't include drinks served with room service?

It's been years since I last cruised, and the beverage package is new to me. We'll be staying in a Sky Suite and have a beverage promo. Is it true that it doesn't include drinks served with room service?

Yes that is right.

Yes that is right.

Thank you for replying. If can't use beverage package with room service, seems worthwhile to bring a couple of bottles of wine on board. Now to figure out how to bring bottled water and drinks to the cabin without incurring additional beverage charges. All new to me.

Thank you for replying. If can't use beverage package with room service, seems worthwhile to bring a couple of bottles of wine on board. Now to figure out how to bring bottled water and drinks to the cabin without incurring additional beverage charges. All new to me.

You can get a bottle of water via the beverage package at any bar, then carry it to your cabin. You can do the same with drinks.

With all the drink packages these days X would save money by allowing to bring unlimited wine onboard :)

With all the drink packages these days X IS SAVING money. X has a lot of Elites who get 3 free drinks a day, most days. Plenty for me. Stateroom prices are way up because of the drink packages so why pay extra for included drink packages when you have reached Elite? Great planning X.

With all the drink packages these days X IS SAVING money. X has a lot of Elites who get 3 free drinks a day, most days. Plenty for me. Stateroom prices are way up because of the drink packages so why pay extra for included drink packages when you have reached Elite? Great planning X.

People think they are getting FREE perks but they really come as part of a price increase. Just compare prices over the years.

You can get a bottle of water via the beverage package at any bar, then carry it to your cabin. You can do the same with drinks.

As mentioned you can bring anything you want back to your cabin to drink. It is room service drinks that are not included. If I am heading to my cabin for any reason, I tend to grab a drink/bottle of water and leave it in the fridge for later.:D

If one is a beer drinker there is nothing to stop one picking up a bottle of beer as one is passing a bar and taking it back to one's cabin. Just tell the barman to leave the top on. Not an issue really. On arrival in our cabin for the first time we ask our steward to empty the fridge and take away the water and chippies etc. This leave the space for us to add our own goodies. The stewards generally grumble about lack of storage space but they do it never the less. Over the first day or two we add some soft drinks , water and beer to the fridge for use whilst in our cabin. Don't need too much as it can be topped up as required from the bar. It is handy to have when sitting out on the balcony and wanting a drink but cant be bothered heading out to a bar.

If one is a beer drinker there is nothing to stop one picking up a bottle of beer as one is passing a bar and taking it back to one's cabin. Just tell the barman to leave the top on. Not an issue really. On arrival in our cabin for the first time we ask our steward to empty the fridge and take away the water and chippies etc. This leave the space for us to add our own goodies. The stewards generally grumble about lack of storage space but they do it never the less. Over the first day or two we add some soft drinks , water and beer to the fridge for use whilst in our cabin. Don't need too much as it can be topped up as required from the bar. It is handy to have when sitting out on the balcony and wanting a drink but cant be bothered heading out to a bar.

Exactly what we do, in my experience, the room steward doesn't grumble though.