17th St. hotels and breakfast included

sprockie

Can anyone recommend a 17th st. area (or continuing on down the coast a bit) hotel that includes breakfast in the stay? We travel with our kids and don't want to have to a) pay a lot for breakfast and b) have to drive somewhere for breakfast.

I know B.W. oceanside is one option and Embassy Suites is another. Any others?

Can anyone recommend a 17th st. area (or continuing on down the coast a bit) hotel that includes breakfast in the stay? We travel with our kids and don't want to have to a) pay a lot for breakfast and b) have to drive somewhere for breakfast.

I know B.W. oceanside is one option and Embassy Suites is another. Any others?

Both the Holiday Inn Express on 17th St. and the Hyatt Place on 10th Ave. include breakfast. Neither has as big a spread or as much variety as Embassy Suites, but it is included in the price.

My vote is for Embassy Suites... breakfast, and about $10 cab to the port.

Hey, toberman, we're just near Charleston Lake! Thanks for the response. Does Embassy Suites charge for parking? We're planning on renting a car for a few days.

I can recommend Hyatt Place 17th St Convention center (not exactly right on 17th st, but a street or so in from it, and a couple of mins walk to the Harbor Shops. Breakfast is included. Very nice and large suites, lots of restaurants nearby, and the staff at this hotel were exceptional in my opinion.

I have also stayed at Hol Inn Express on 17th st, and it was just ok (there were several issues, and this just my experience). It gets great reviews, and the breakfast is included and very good.

I have one other, but no breakfast there other than coffee and granola bar and fruit, so wont mention that one.

Have a great cruise.

Hey, toberman, we're just near Charleston Lake! Thanks for the response. Does Embassy Suites charge for parking? We're planning on renting a car for a few days.

I'm not "toberman" but stay at the Embassy as often pre-cruise that I can.....Yes they charge $18.00 (but that was Oct 2014) per 24 hour period for self parking.

Edited by Ashland

I can recommend Hyatt Place 17th St Convention center (not exactly right on 17th st, but a street or so in from it, and a couple of mins walk to the Harbor Shops. Breakfast is included. Very nice and large suites, lots of restaurants nearby, and the staff at this hotel were exceptional in my opinion.

I have also stayed at Hol Inn Express on 17th st, and it was just ok (there were several issues, and this just my experience). It gets great reviews, and the breakfast is included and very good.

I have one other, but no breakfast there other than coffee and granola bar and fruit, so wont mention that one.

Have a great cruise.

Thank you. Holiday Inn would be a consideration, but a pool is essential for us.

I guess the closer you get to the port, the fewer perks like airport shuttle, breakfast, wifi, parking, etc.

I'm not "toberman" but stay at the Embassy as often pre-cruise that I can.....Yes they charge $18.00 (but that was Oct 2014) per 24 hour period for self parking.

It is now $20 per day to self park.

We're booked at the Embassy Suites before our Nov 21, 15 sailing on the Oasis. I see that they charge $8.00 PP one way airport shuttle.

Would it be less expensive to just get a taxi to transport us to the hotel?

Thanks!

For 2 or more passengers a taxi makes more economic (about $15) sense and I think it more convenient. The same applies to a taxi vs a shuttle to the port (less than $15).

Edited by capriccio

Thank you. Holiday Inn would be a consideration, but a pool is essential for us.

I guess the closer you get to the port, the fewer perks like airport shuttle, breakfast, wifi, parking, etc.

I agree, nice to have a pool. Hyatt place has one, pretty basic, but clean. As others have mentioned Embassy Suites (I have not stayed there) but walking through it; the pool is spectacular. I would love to stay at this hotel some time. Usually it comes down to price for me, but sometimes one can luck into a great deal at one of these nicer hotels.