Help with booking

There is a RCI cruise I really want to book today as the price is great, however the RCI website will not let me get past the point of cabin selection. The error says "you need to select a cabin before you can continue", even though I have selected one. I have only ever booked cruises online directly with the cruise company and so I don't know what to do.

Is it right that you can't get RCI on the phones on weekends?

Is there another site where I can book this cruise online and select stateroom in real time? If so, will I then be able to use the RCI site to book extras like drink packages?

Thanks for the suggestions. I just tried different browser, different cabin, and different cruise! Still no luck. Must be an RCI thing :(

I just did a dummy booking to see and it does appear that there is a glitch at the moment. Try again a little later in the day.

Cheers

Di

Most of the online agents will let you choose your cabin as part of the booking process, unless it is a "guarantee" cabin of course. Sometimes they are even cheaper or offer a small amount of OBC. Try Google for Oz cruise agents, or ones that help you find cruise sales. I've found a couple of reasonable ones that way.

Once your booking is made and you have the reference number you are able to go into the RCI website and access your booking. You can book drinks packages and excursions direct with RCI but would need to go back to the TA if you wanted to change your cabin or something like that.

I was looking at the RCI site early this morning, and in the space of a couple of hours two cabins, different categories, have both increased in price!

Wonder if that's why the site was down - increasing their prices in time for a sale - or am I being cynical.

It's been like that since about lunch time yesterday. Luckily for my sister that means she can now ring and book with the current WOW sale and get the OBC.

Annoyingly I had booked earlier in the week so miss out :mad:

I was able to HOLD a cabin on Friday night (before the current sale) so guess I missed out on the OBC which appeared on Saturday - when you can't phone RCCL!

Still it was a great price so if I miss out when I call tomorrow morning I'll live with it :)

Regarding the problem of not being able to put a cabin on HOLD - when I tried to book for a friend today, I just changed the country up on the top right hand corner to USA, inserted the relevant information then was able to obtain a cabin on HOLD!

Obviously all the $$$ showed as $US but when I converted that back to $AUD (via my XE convertor app) it worked out the same amount except that the additional OBC of $200 was showing!

Gae :)

I was able to HOLD a cabin on Friday night (before the current sale) so guess I missed out on the OBC which appeared on Saturday - when you can't phone RCCL!

Still it was a great price so if I miss out when I call tomorrow morning I'll live with it :)

Regarding the problem of not being able to put a cabin on HOLD - when I tried to book for a friend today, I just changed the country up on the top right hand corner to USA, inserted the relevant information then was able to obtain a cabin on HOLD!

Obviously all the $$$ showed as $US but when I converted that back to $AUD (via my XE convertor app) it worked out the same amount except that the additional OBC of $200 was showing!

Presumably you're calling the US, as it's now a US booking?

The prices work out the same as prices are generally roughly the same between regions, except for regional specials.

Presumably you're calling the US, as it's now a US booking?

The prices work out the same as prices are generally roughly the same between regions, except for regional specials.

You're quite right! When I called Royal this morning with my ON HOLD booking number I was informed that they could only deal with OZ & NZ bookings and that I would need to call US to finalise the ON HOLD booking.

It turned out fine though as I was able to book a similar cabin just 2 doors up so happy with that.:) I'll just let the first ON HOLD lapse in 6 days time!

Interesting to know that the 24-hour hold they mention on their website is actually 7 days when you take to them! Gives you lots of time to be sure you can arrange the time off work etc.

Gae

You're quite right! When I called Royal this morning with my ON HOLD booking number I was informed that they could only deal with OZ & NZ bookings and that I would need to call US to finalise the ON HOLD booking.

It turned out fine though as I was able to book a similar cabin just 2 doors up so happy with that.:) I'll just let the first ON HOLD lapse in 6 days time!

Interesting to know that the 24-hour hold they mention on their website is actually 7 days when you take to them! Gives you lots of time to be sure you can arrange the time off work etc.

Gae

I had a recent hold - Oz booking - drop off after approx. 48 hrs. Maybe the US ones stay on longer ...

There is a RCI cruise I really want to book today as the price is great, however the RCI website will not let me get past the point of cabin selection. The error says "you need to select a cabin before you can continue", even though I have selected one. I have only ever booked cruises online directly with the cruise company and so I don't know what to do.

Is it right that you can't get RCI on the phones on weekends?

Is there another site where I can book this cruise online and select stateroom in real time? If so, will I then be able to use the RCI site to book extras like drink packages?

I still get that same error message coming up - the discount now appears in the charges but you cannot proceed with a booking.

(No problem for me as I booked last week - just wanted to check if the pricing had changed).

Edited by boeckli

I had a recent hold - Oz booking - drop off after approx. 48 hrs. Maybe the US ones stay on longer ...

Not sure, but seem to be a generous 24 hours - maybe it depends on the popularity of that particular cruise. My 'local' on-line hold on a Mar '16 cruise last week lasted several days at least before disappearing.

I thought bookings through the call centre could be held for longer (sometimes?) but online bookings held here or US were released around 48 hours.