FCC Is this a mistake?

On the Star Princess at the end of May, we purchased a total of 6 on one form by dropping it in the box. I never saw the consultant and couldn't have picked him out of a lineup.

Most of the consultants are swamped during their on duty hours.

Trust me, if they took away the opportunity to just use the drop box they would lose so much business. I bet 75% of the FCC's purchased are through no contact at all.

There have been a few that I don't care to deal with either. :(

I checked the Princess site but could not find anything about future cruise credits. Anyone know where it is so we can see if they have changed anything?

I doubt that there is anything about the drop box policy being changed.

Maybe call Princess and ask a rep!! They would know, wouldn't they? :eek:

Oh, of course!!! Why didn't I think of that? :eek::eek::D

I called Princess a few days ago and was given the story about having to personally turn the order form in to a rep on board in order to purchase multiple FCCs. When I replied that I have always purchased multiple FCCs using the order form -- including 3 I purchased via a BVE in San Francisco -- I was told the person with the most knowledge of the policy was off until the 18th, and would call me back on her return. She called me back today as promised and repeated the policy. Definitely seems it's not being enforced consistently, though. Now I'm wondering if someone just screwed up my order and this is a cover story. Oh, well. Just disappointed. Not worth stewing about. But I guess I will have to wait in line next time to be sure I receive what I'm requesting. Just hope I don't need extras before then for a b2b2b.

Bizarre.

Right :p And you could get a different answer from any dozen calls made to a Princess rep.

On the Regal on April 14, bought two each for DW and me on the same form and used the Dropbox. Got all four letters for all four FCCs in our email two days after our cruise. So, no problem for us in April...as a matter of fact, we already used one each!

The time before, I tried to hand the form directly to the Rep and she insisted that I use the Dropbox!

Paul

I checked the Princess site but could not find anything about future cruise credits. Anyone know where it is so we can see if they have changed anything?

It is in the Cruise Answer Book which can be downloaded from the Princess web site. See the On board Experience, Future Cruise sales.

Dies anyone know if you can use more than one cruise credit in a booking!

Each person can use as many Future Cruise Certificates as they want for a booking, but the OBC will only be given with the first of the FCCs. The others will simply reduce the final payment by their cost of $100 each.

Dies anyone know if you can use more than one cruise credit in a booking!

You can only get OBCs for one FCC per booking, unless you're booking the cruise as separate segments, b2bs, and then you can use one per segment booked, getting full OBCs per segment. That's why I like to have several in hand.

You can only get OBCs for one FCC per booking, unless you're booking the cruise as separate segments, b2bs, and then you can use one per segment booked, getting full OBCs per segment. That's why I like to have several in hand.

You can only get the OBC for one FCC per person per booking. My wife and I each used an FCC to book our upcoming Panama Canal cruise. We are each getting $125 OBC from using the FCC to book. $250 will definitely come in handy. :D

We'll get another $250 from the stockholder credit so we're starting out with $500 OBC.

[quote name='caribill']It is in the Cruise Answer Book which can be downloaded from the Princess web site. See the On board Experience, Future Cruise sales.[/QUOTE]

The Cruise Answer book is dated: Summer 2014 and says nothing about drop boxes.

My guess is that the OP got wrong info but I can't verify that. Edited by dickinson

On the Regal 4/14 and filled out form for 2 FCC's. Spoke with rep on the ship and she said we would receive an email confirmation of the purchase. WHen we got home on 5/3, no email confirmation. Waited a few more days and called Princess, they said it could take up to 2 weeks to see a confirmation. Will it is now 6 weeks and still no confirmation. I called again and they show no record of my form and have offered me the welcome home with less OBC. I don't think it is fair that I should have to get less OBC because someone did not do their job. Have used the one FCC that we had left for our next cruise in January. WIll not be doing another one before then, so guess I will wait until January to purchase more.

[quote name='kcarrots1']On the Regal 4/14 and filled out form for 2 FCC's. Spoke with rep on the ship and she said we would receive an email confirmation of the purchase. WHen we got home on 5/3, no email confirmation. Waited a few more days and called Princess, they said it could take up to 2 weeks to see a confirmation. Will it is now 6 weeks and still no confirmation. I called again and they show no record of my form and have offered me the welcome home with less OBC. I don't think it is fair that I should have to get less OBC because someone did not do their job. Have used the one FCC that we had left for our next cruise in January. WIll not be doing another one before then, so guess I will wait until January to purchase more.[/QUOTE]

Next time I would hand it to them and tell them the issue you had previously. If not possible I would do it at the beginning of the cruise and everyday log in to princess.com (you don't need internet minutes for that) and look under My Princess. It will be listed in the Circle Savings account. They put the minimal amount of OBC because you have not yet booked a cruise but that will adjust depending on how long of a cruise you book. If by the end of the cruise you don't see it stop in to the FCC desk and check with them.

[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]If this is a change in policy:(:(...
what if everyone on the ship who wanted to purchase multiple FCCS (and didn't want to stand in line) were to use one form for each and every FCC they want to order?
That would fulfill the "new" requirement to the letter and make even [B][U]MORE work[/U][/B] for the Future Cruise Consultant.
[/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='kcarrots1']On the Regal 4/14 and filled out form for 2 FCC's. Spoke with rep on the ship and she said we would receive an email confirmation of the purchase. WHen we got home on 5/3, no email confirmation. Waited a few more days and called Princess, they said it could take up to 2 weeks to see a confirmation. Will it is now 6 weeks and still no confirmation. I called again and they show no record of my form and have offered me the welcome home with less OBC. I don't think it is fair that I should have to get less OBC because someone did not do their job. Have used the one FCC that we had left for our next cruise in January. WIll not be doing another one before then, so guess I will wait until January to purchase more.[/quote]

I take a picture of the form before I drop it into the box. It might not help if there is a problem but one never knows...