Crown Grill - Princess

Dalidaligolf

Does anyone know if Princess follows the same custom as Carnival by providing a bottle of wine to anyone who goes to their specialty restaurant on the first day of the cruise?

Never heard or seen that. Princess is not part of Carnival.

We surely didn't, first time we did premium dining and I'm hooked; service and food were well worth the few extra dollars. We didn't mind paying a bit more for wine either :D

On my Regal cruise in January I found a coupon for a mini size bottle of wine in a coupon book in my cabin. It was Robert Mondavi, I believe. I did use it in the Crown Grill, I think it was specifically to be used a specialty dining venue. It did not have to be the first night. I do not know if this coupon is given to every cabin or not.

Wow. Interesting that Carnival provides a bottle of wine. Perhaps not many make first night reservations. Sure wish Princess did this, but as you can see they don't.

Princess evidently doesn't need this "hook" to bring in diners for their speciality restaurants. I eat in one of the special restaurants at least once on every cruise.

Does anyone know if Princess follows the same custom as Carnival by providing a bottle of wine to anyone who goes to their specialty restaurant on the first day of the cruise?

Princess evidently doesn't need this "hook" to bring in diners for their speciality restaurants. I eat in one of the special restaurants at least once on every cruise.

Princess does have a hook for the first evening in the specialty restaurants.

On cruises of 6 days or more, all suite passengers get a free meal in a specialty restaurant, but it must be on the first evening.

Princess does have a hook for the first evening in the specialty restaurants.

On cruises of 6 days or more, all suite passengers get a free meal in a specialty restaurant, but it must be on the first evening.

So it's a very narrow hook, one not available to us in "steerage".

We ate the first night in Carnival's steak house and did get a bottle of wine. We were on the Legend and it was the best food and service we have ever had in a speciality restaurant on ANY ship. The wine was one of the cheaper choices...not so good. But the dinner was well worth the extra charge.

Princess is part of Carnival inc, along with Holland America, Carnival, and a bunch of others.

This is like asking why Toyota doesn't treat its customers like Lexus though they are the same larger holding company?

They incentives will be different as the style and crowd is for the most part different :D

I don't know about incentives for the Crown Grill, I've never noticed any, but on our recent CB cruise I booked Sabatini's several days ahead for an evening towards the end of the cruise. On the day in question, DH remarked that he had walked past a display where they were promoting Sabatini's and he thought he heard them say there was a 2 for 1 offer that night. Sure enough, when we came to sign at the end of the meal, the waiter said there was a promotion and we were only being charged for one person. Also, earlier in the cruise I went to a cookery demo in the Piazza. At the end, the maitre d' said they were doing a special 2 for 1 offer on Crab Shack that night.

Princess evidently doesn't need this "hook" to bring in diners for their speciality restaurants.

"Hook" or not, it's an added bonus that Princess doesn't provide....and if folks don't want the free bottle of wine that's offered, they'll give a 40% discount off whatever wine the customer would rather have (something else that, as far as I know, Princess doesn't do).