Marina Shops

wally_bushy

Here is an easy one for all the O regulars (You know who you are and I like all your posts...may not always agree:))

What shops are on the Marina? We have only been on the R ships and blinked and missed them. Is the Marina much better?

Thanks in anticipation

Steve

I think they are pretty much the same only bigger

1 shop with jewelry/watches

1 with men & ladies clothing/ O logo items some sundries

1 with perfume/make up/ sunglasses/handbags etc

190146.jpg

There are three shops.

One is a fine jewelry store, another is 90% cologne & perfume, although they do carry other duty free items (Sunglasses and costume jewelry come to mind), the third is clothing (including logo wear).

The clothing store also carries the type of sundries that one might need to replace on a trip. Not a huge selection, but they cover quite a spectrum (from baby powder to Denture supplies

Oceania_Marina_and_Riviera_Boutiques.jpg

their shops need a lot of improving. They carry stuff the size I wasn't even born! LOL...very non-cruise, in my opinion. Hope they get a new buyer someday.

I agree

They do have some more reasonably priced items but sizes were just not there for women

They do not stock up for each cruise so whatever was left from the last cruise was all you got

Some nice sweaters but only Small & Med size left

They had stuff in the stock room but somehow it was too hard to put it in the shop

I asked if they had any scarves other than the few out ...."oh yes in the stock room will get some out tomorrow "

On our cruise the shops were closed the first 3 days they should have stocked the shops then IMO

That said DH got a nice pr of Chatham loafers for a decent price

Lyn

their shops need a lot of improving. They carry stuff the size I wasn't even born! LOL...very non-cruise, in my opinion. Hope they get a new buyer someday.

I second the above agree. I didn't think much of the shops, I perused them two years ago and thought, "yawn." Checked them out again this April and still blah.

Regarding the available sundries, we couldn't even find aspirin on Marina in May (although they had many varieties of shampoos which seemed odd considering they have plenty of the Bulgari shampoos available). The young lady on duty in the shop was brand new to Oceania -- she'd been there for a whole week -- and just knew that they didn't have anything like a medication in the stockroom.

So we asked about it at Reception and were informed that they'd stopped stocking such things because of "liability issues". It turned out that a passenger at some time had had an allergic reaction to something he'd bought on board and so they just stopped selling such things altogether.

Not sure whether I buy that, but that's what we were told.

Mura

Regarding the available sundries, we couldn't even find aspirin on Marina in May (although they had many varieties of shampoos which seemed odd considering they have plenty of the Bulgari shampoos available). The young lady on duty in the shop was brand new to Oceania -- she'd been there for a whole week -- and just knew that they didn't have anything like a medication in the stockroom.

So we asked about it at Reception and were informed that they'd stopped stocking such things because of "liability issues". It turned out that a passenger at some time had had an allergic reaction to something he'd bought on board and so they just stopped selling such things altogether.

Not sure whether I buy that, but that's what we were told.

Mura

Mura, I noted your statement about no aspirin/tylenol and similar before I boarded Marina in Montreal last month. When I checked they did indeed have small selection of the usual medicines on board…so any comments about liability concerns must have come from the imagination of the person at reception. Not sure they really have their act together, though. One evening about 10 p.m. my favorite maitre d walked in to the shop looking for toothpaste as we were beginning our transatlantic crossing.He was told they had no toothpaste. Hopefully he was able to borrow some!