So disappointed in options for cancelled cruise

Boscodog

Got a message from my travel agent with options for my cancelled Mediterranean cruise in August 2016 aboard the Equinox. The only comparable cruise in port locations is on Sept 7-20 and these dates are not good for us.

If we choose a different cruise in August, (to celebrate our 30th anniversary and the reason for sailing in Europe,) we will have to pay an additional $450 deposit. The August Mediterranean sailing (not suggested by Celebrity) are 10 day cruises and the rates per day are so much higher than our 13 day.

Our only benefit to re-book anything before the June 30th deadline is to keep the $200 on board credit Celebrity is giving us. Plus if we don't book any of the 3 cruises Celebrity are offering we will lose our 123 GO Package.

I don"t think it is fair that we have to come up with another $450 deposit because they cancelled the cruise. :mad:

Got a message from my travel agent with options for my cancelled Mediterranean cruise in August 2016 aboard the Equinox. The only comparable cruise in port locations is on Sept 7-20 and these dates are not good for us.

If we choose a different cruise in August, (to celebrate our 30th anniversary and the reason for sailing in Europe,) we will have to pay an additional $450 deposit. The August Mediterranean sailing (not suggested by Celebrity) are 10 day cruises and the rates per day are so much higher than our 13 day.

Our only benefit to re-book anything before the June 30th deadline is to keep the $200 on board credit Celebrity is giving us. Plus if we don't book any of the 3 cruises Celebrity are offering we will lose our 123 GO Package.

I don"t think it is fair that we have to come up with another $450 deposit because they cancelled the cruise. :mad:

Is it just the deposit that is increased? On an amount you'd have to pay anyway? If I t's not costing $450 more, but just an increased deposit, while that may be inconvenient it doesn't sound like the end of the world

Is it just the deposit that is increased? On an amount you'd have to pay anyway? If I t's not costing $450 more, but just an increased deposit, while that may be inconvenient it doesn't sound like the end of the world

We were able to pay 50% deposits when we originally booked. So if we don't book their recommended cruises we loose this offer and have to pay the full $900 deposit. It just annoys me and no not the end of the world.

We were able to pay 50% deposits when we originally booked. So if we don't book their recommended cruises we loose this offer and have to pay the full $900 deposit. It just annoys me and no not the end of the world.

I totally agree, it seems very petty on their part. But at least it's not costing you an additional $450!!

We hear these types of issues every time Celebrity cancels a cruise....but it's pretty clear that celebrity figures that what they are doing is enough. I don't agree...but that doesn't change a thing. I guess if enough folks complain and cancel, they might offer more but Celebrity HQ seems to be assuming that there are plenty of folks out there....so who cares if we lose a few. Heck of a way to run a business, in my book...but it is what it is.

Celebrity has cancelled twice on us, but we found good cruises and got OBC.

Still, the 3-4 that options that they give you could be a problem if you have a schedule.

We had an NCL cruise cancelled (Holy Land and Eastern Med, but NCL allowed us to transfer it to any cruise they had with additional OBC.

So very disappointed ! The options do not work for us. Looked at other Celebrity cruises. Found one we like but it will cost $800 more and we will loose our perks that went along with this cruise.:(

We do not understand why they offered this cruise on their website in the first place.

All-inclusive resorts are looking better all the time.

I agree. When they cancel a cruise because of a charter after people have purchased the original then the perks at least should remain with whatever cruise suits you! They show disregard for your interests and travel timings when they do this. And it is because they received a better offer.

I agree with this. Any cancelled cruise should be able to be replaced with another cruise and any perks on the original cruise should carry over the a rebooked cruise.

From all of my readings of this board, it seems as if Celebrity does what it wants, when it wants, and really doesn't give a hoot about the effected customer. Obviously, this business policy has not bit them in the butt yet, and may never do so.

The only thing that will bring sanity to Celebrity is if they finally hit a tipping point, and they start losing money due to folks flocking to other cruise lines. Or just stopping cruising altogether.

I agree. When they cancel a cruise because of a charter after people have purchased the original then the perks at least should remain with whatever cruise suits you! They show disregard for your interests and travel timings when they do this. And it is because they received a better offer.

I'm wondering when reading about scheduled cruises which Celebrity cancels because the ship has been chartered - how far ahead would they do this? Would it have to be say over a year ahead or have people had it happen with less notice than that?

I know this is slightly different, but we had a booking on Reflection for October this year. We had to change it due to medical problems. Celebrity were fantastic and changed our booking to 2016, but we've kept our perks.......drinks package, plus $500 OBC.

I don't understand why you would lose your perks, when it's no fault of yours!

Ask for the resolutions department and let them know that you are planning to cruise on another line instead, but would like to give them one more chance. If you don't get a good resolution, write to the CEO...you might just get a call from resolutions after that to see what they can do for you.

Been on the phone with my TA about my options. The only way to keep my perks is to use one of the options given by Celebrity. I found anothe cruise that I'm interested in but will loose perks and have to pay at the prevailing rate which is much higher than the cruise that was canceled. I feel Celebrity left me no choice other that to ask for my deposit back and look elsewhere.

DH wants to check out River cruises and All-inclusive. ( He also wants to cancel another cruise with Celebrity but there's time to think about that one).

Don't trust booking with this cruise line any more.:(

Been on the phone with my TA about my options. The only way to keep my perks is to use one of the options given by Celebrity. I found anothe cruise that I'm interested in but will loose perks and have to pay at the prevailing rate which is much higher than the cruise that was canceled. I feel Celebrity left me no choice other that to ask for my deposit back and look elsewhere.

(

This is really a shame. I think your TA should be pressing this with Celebrity. I "get" that from a business standpoint, chartering a ship is a plus. But when pax are already booked on that cruise, X should really let them pick a new cruise at the rates they paid and with the perks or promos they had. It's the only fair thing to do. The few optional other sailings offered by X may just not work for everyone.

I hope things turn out for the best for you, whatever happens.

So very disappointed ! The options do not work for us. Looked at other Celebrity cruises. Found one we like but it will cost $800 more and we will loose our perks that went along with this cruise.:(

We do not understand why they offered this cruise on their website in the first place.

All-inclusive resorts are looking better all the time.

My wife and I have been checking out some all inclusive resorts in Jamaca and they are actually cheaper then taking a cruise.It comes with airfare airport shuttles all your food and drinks and a ton of things to do.like a sunset caterman cruise a glass bottom boat tour snorkeling bon fire beach party and the list goes on and on oh and you get to spend more then 8 hours in port.:eek:

My wife and I have been checking out some all inclusive resorts in Jamaca and they are actually cheaper then taking a cruise.It comes with airfare airport shuttles all your food and drinks and a ton of things to do.like a sunset caterman cruise a glass bottom boat tour snorkeling bon fire beach party and the list goes on and on oh and you get to spend more then 8 hours in port.:eek:

Might check them out. We have read that there are some nice ones in Costa Rica, but have not checked yet. Like idea of spending evenings in same place, but not sure how it compares to docking at a port and city right there vs on a resort's private property. Would you go to a major city/town at night? Be on the road at night?