Printing luggage tags? Help!

Hi everyone! I am heading toward Galveston today in preparation for my cruise on Navigator of the Seas on tomorrow! I am trying to print all my necessary documents for the cruise. I thought I could print luggage tags? I can't seem to figure this one out. When I printed my Set Sail pass there was a picture of a luggage tag at the bottom of the page and it says "If you need extra luggage tags, or if you have forgotten to bring your luggage tags with you, the images below can be used by the Porter to create luggage tags at the pier."

...okay...but where do I go to PRINT luggage tags??

*EDIT: Disregard this post. I was able to figure it out on my own. Unfortunately I didn't realize I had to print luggage tags no later than 13 days out. Well shoot. I went and bought these nifty luggage tag holders too :-(. Oh well, maybe I'll get to use them next time.

Edited by Hgeffen

Have you downloaded, or can you still Access your cruise docs online?

The luggage tags are part of the cruise docs and can be printed there.

I believe the online access to the booking becomes unavailable at 3 days before the cruise.

I believe the online access to the booking becomes unavailable at 3 days before the cruise.

Could well be. Whenever my edocs are issued I download them and save them on my Computer, so no Need to Access them online again and ready for printing at my leisure, including those luggage tags.;)

You should still be able to access the documents if you have a "My Cruises" page on Royal's website where you did the online checkin. I just printed off my set sail pass and luggage tags this morning for a cruise tomorrow. On that page there is a button for printing your set sail pass and a little further down the page is a button for printing your luggage tags. Good luck.

Interesting. When we booked a last minute cruise two days before sailing, I tried to print mine the day before and couldn't access.

That's because the online check in has to be completed and submitted no later than three days before the sailing date. But the set sail pass and luggage tags can be printed until the day before the sailing.

If you have downloaded the Docs, look on the last page and your tags should be there, other wise, get them from the porter when you drop off your luggage. On the back of your printed Set Sail is a bar code showing your tags, show that to the person handling your luggage and they will put tags on your checked bags. They close everything down 3 days before your departure, so best to print out your Set Sail Pass as soon as it is ready to Print. In the event you wish to change your Credit Card for on board acct, that can be done at check in or at Guest Relations

Edited by Desert Cruizers

• 3 weeks later...

When you get to the port it says to staple the paper tags, do you usually do this before you leave home/before the flight or do you wait until after? Also when you get to the port do they have a stapler or how do you usually handle this? I am trying to avoid having to stand in any line as I know it will be packed!

I am going on the Oasis ship, if this makes any difference…

I wait until after the flight to attach the cruise tags. I'm concerned that they might get ripped off as part of the airline handling.

We do this too but I bring along a roll of packaging tape and create a waterproof tag. Very hard for it to be ripped off. I also bring a small pair of scissors in my mini sewing kit and once we have our bags in our stateroom I take the tags off. Easy peasy.

We do this too but I bring along a roll of packaging tape and create a waterproof tag. Very hard for it to be ripped off. I also bring a small pair of scissors in my mini sewing kit and once we have our bags in our stateroom I take the tags off. Easy peasy.

I wait until after the flight to attach the cruise tags. I'm concerned that they might get ripped off as part of the airline handling.

Thanks!!

I did arts and crafts before school let out for the summer. Used my own laminating paper to laminate tags, then punched a hole in each of them and attached a pipe cleaner to each which I will use to attach them to my bags. I even color coordinated the pipe cleaners to the tags. :)

I know this is an "old" thread, but since nobody mentioned it (for future cruisers), the plastic tag holders on Amazon are awesome! Of course you need to plan a bit further ahead than the day before your cruise in order to get them, they are super handy and are perfect for those who are over planners and organizers like myself :) They are totally not necessary, but I saw them recommended on this site and bought them and am happy I did. I like the crafty idea above with the laminating and the pipe cleaners too :) http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00M5MDAS0/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1436748847&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=royal+caribbean+luggage+tags&dpPl=1&dpID=51STTwCQuZL&ref=plSrch

I know this is an "old" thread, but since nobody mentioned it (for future cruisers), the plastic tag holders on Amazon are awesome! Of course you need to plan a bit further ahead than the day before your cruise in order to get them, they are super handy and are perfect for those who are over planners and organizers like myself :) They are totally not necessary, but I saw them recommended on this site and bought them and am happy I did. I like the crafty idea above with the laminating and the pipe cleaners too :) http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00M5MDAS0/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1436748847&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=royal+caribbean+luggage+tags&dpPl=1&dpID=51STTwCQuZL&ref=plSrch

Yeah, I'd looked at them, but since I'd only ever need two I went with being crafty. :)

Yeah, I'd looked at them, but since I'd only ever need two I went with being crafty. :)

Nothing wrong with crafty :) I think your idea was very creative!! We only need 2 or 3 as well but friends of mine are coming with us so I figured they'd end up needing some and if there's leftovers, I will sell them for a buck or two at the port to anyone frantically searching for tape, lol!

Nothing wrong with crafty :) I think your idea was very creative!! We only need 2 or 3 as well but friends of mine are coming with us so I figured they'd end up needing some and if there's leftovers, I will sell them for a buck or two at the port to anyone frantically searching for tape, lol!

There you go! :)

I just remembered last year trying to borrow stuff from the front desk at my hotel in Seattle before heading off to HAL's ms Westerdam, so I decided to be proactive this year. They're actually cute - some of the people in my group were like "I wish you could do mine!" (We're spread all over the country and Canada though, so there would be lots of mailing involved - plus school is out now so my access to things is reduced.)

That's what we do too, I always travel with my packaging tape in my handluggage(but no scissors of course) and do the same as above.

Does anybody have any experience with the luggage tags offered in the Cruise Critic store?

We've had the plastic loops break after a few uses. Now we have these with metal loops:

http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holders-Caribbean-Celebrity/dp/B00M5MDAS0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436872309&sr=8-1&keywords=cruise+luggage+tags+royal+caribbean